+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ryan Fraser

Ryan Fraser

This is someone I would love to see us sign. I think he'd be a perfect fit for us at the moment and is exactly what we're missing.
    I notice he played against us yesterday and I hope Trollope put the feelers out.

I don't see what the big panic is at present. We're not far away from being a very decent outfit.

We have one of the best goalkeepers in the division, we are very strong in the central defensive area with a good blend of pace, strength, intelligent defending, and players who can play out from the back.
    We have strong wing backs in John, Fabio and Richards. (Tutonda and Peltier and even Connolly can supplement this if needed as well)

We have good variety in midfield. O'Keefe can get up and down with a great set of lungs and very rarely gives the ball away, Whitts and Ralls can dictate the play, Pilkington and Immers are flexible and would get in most championship sides.
    We also have Noone and Gunnarsson.

I think we're probably 3 players short of being a very good team.
    We need someone in the mould of Fraser/Pritchard and we could do with a bit of pace and maybe another true holding midfielders who would be disciplined enough to sit intelligently and let the full backs push on.

Being on the new season I say. I'm looking forward to seeing some proper football down the City this season.

Blue in the Face

Re: Ryan Fraser

On the holding player I see what you mean, we don't have one as an out and out option. Can Gunnar or O'Keefe be trained to nail this role? Before we signed O'Keefe, I was under the impression he was this type of player anyway. Perhaps were better off going with what we have?

One the essential things that needs to happen if we play three at the back, is those three CBs need to be adaptable. When we don't have the ball, there will very frequently be passages of play where one of those three must step up into midfield to cut out passing channels or put pressure on the ball. I feel this insurance policy behind the deeper midfielders means that the defensive mids in our system are less reliant on defensive acumen. Though it's not ideal if they are not a natural fit for the role they are playing of course.

A big positive for us is we have centre backs who should do well as one of three CB as they are good all round footballers and have the smarts to know when to push up. Like you say Gringo, we comfortably have the right types of CBs already at the club.

I imagine Morrison, because of his height, is likely to end up being the centre defender. I haven't caught up with the game from yesterday. Did he play in there?

May be wildly off the mark but I've got a very good feeling about the coming season. Quietly confident.

Still don't believe there's enough goals in the squad to get into the top six Gringo.

Thanks Gringo.....I love your take on things.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Still don't believe there's enough goals in the squad to get into the top six Gringo.

Sorry Bob I meant to say the pace we need is up top. It would be ideal if he was a lethal finisher as well but even average players like Gayle are commanding fees of 12 million which beggars belief imo.

Fraizer Campbell revisited could always be an option and I still think he'd be superb in the championship but I'm pretty sure he wasn't keen on a return to us last season.

I think I've been consistent in pretty much writing off promotion this season as I don't really see this as MY prime objective at present. (I'm sure Vincent Tan thinks differently)

Progression on and off the field will be a very satisfactory outcome at the end of the season for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Thanks Gringo.....I love your take on things.
    Thank you mate.

fwiends

I'm with Bob I do worry where the goals are going to come from.
    Fred plus Zohore as back up leave us very light in that department.