+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sky Q

Sky Q

Does anyone here have this? Is it worth getting?

Re: Sky Q

Just seen the price - ignore the question.

Yes and yes.
    I already had the full package plus multi room so didn't cost me that much more tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Does anyone here have this? Is it worth getting?
    What do you want it for?? If it's just TV, Have a look at www.ntv.mx got it on my mag250 box. You get all of sky tv, with catch up plus all the sports package (every premier league game Saturday's at 3pm). well worth the money!

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Yes and yes.
    I already had the full package plus multi room so didn't cost me that much more tbh.
    you must be a multi-millionair to afford that.

Yes and yes.
    Interesting. I'm moving into a brand new 4 bedroom house soon and I'll be looking to have Sky in at least 3, maybe 4 rooms. Knowing what you know, and with a blank canvas, what would you do?

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    you must be a multi-millionair to afford that.
    From what I can tell, the top package costs £88.50 per month. You'd probably need to forego sleep, be welded to the settee and permanently glued to the box for 24 hours every day to obtain value from that deal.

Smart phone addicts would be appalled. That's if they could lift their heads to avert their gaze.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    From what I can tell, the top package costs £88.50 per month. You'd probably need to forego sleep, be welded to the settee and permanently glued to the box for 24 hours every day to obtain value from that deal.

Smart phone addicts would be appalled. That's if they could lift their heads to avert their gaze.
    I see no issue whatsoever if the guy works hard and chooses to spend his money on this.

Smacks of jealousy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    I see no issue whatsoever if the guy works hard and chooses to spend his money on this.

i dont think that is what organ was sugesting at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny London View Post
    Interesting. I'm moving into a brand new 4 bedroom house soon and I'll be looking to have Sky in at least 3, maybe 4 rooms. Knowing what you know, and with a blank canvas, what would you do?

TIA
    Tbh, I'm not that well informed about what the alternative options are, and not that sure how many rooms you can have it in, I've just got it in the living room and bedroom, but don't watch that much tv in the bedroom. The big plus for me us the storage (massive) and I can record four things at once and record a fifth.

I know that makes me sound like a TV addict, but we don't watch much live TV, and prefer to record something and watch it when it suits us. I sometimes look at my monthly sky bill and weep (I've got my landline and broadband with them too) but I know people who will spend more on a couple of weeks worth of fags.

Is it good value? Probably not. Am I welded to my chair? No.

I've no issue either, without any of your caveats.

But with Freeview being, er, free, with a huge variety of programming and channels I'm almost at a loss to understand how Sky have 10 million paying subscribers.

I said almost because Britons per capita have more personal debt than citizens of any other country worldwide.

I've no issue either, without any of your caveats.

But with Freeview being, er, free, with a huge variety of programming and channels I'm almost at a loss to understand how Sky have 10 million paying subscribers.

I said almost because Britons per capita have more personal debt than citizens of any other country worldwide.
    You know TH63's financial position? You know he is in debt?

There is such thing as freedom of choice you know. Spend what you want on whatever you want if it's your money and you can afford it.

Surely?

There is such thing as freedom of choice you know. Spend what you want on whatever you want if it's your money and you can afford it.

Surely?
    I don't know his financial position. I would guess that he has ample disposable income. As for the other 10 million, most are likely to have access to too much credit. Much like the government of this country.

For the avoidance of doubt, I don't owe anybody a penny.

I know Freeview is free but it doesn't have The Open golf, Ryder Cup, live football, movies or some of the other TV channels I enjoy

For the avoidance of doubt, I don't owe anybody a penny.

I know Freeview is free but it doesn't have The Open golf, Ryder Cup, live football, movies or some of the other TV channels I enjoy
    I dropped Sky in favour of Freesat, bought a Now TV box and loaded movies and sport (both tenner a month), which I can cancel/add at any time. Suits me.

get an openbox for cs or a mag 254 for iptv

Surely?
    Where did Organ Morgan state he knew TH"s financial position or that he was in debt ?
    What he said was " I'm almost at a loss to understand how Sky have 10 million paying subscribers" & "I said almost because Britons per capita have more personal debt than citizens of any other country worldwide"
    I think that it was quite obvious that he was referring to Sky"s 10 million subscribers & not TH personally but there you go you read what you want into members posts.
    And before you go there DO NOT SEND ME ANY FOUL MOUTHED ABUSIVE PM"s because I have dared to disagree with you.

I love my Sky Q although as we only have one TV in the house (my wife's rule) we don't take advantage of the multiroom stuff.

Got it on 3 tablets though.

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    Where did Organ Morgan state he knew TH"s financial position or that he was in debt ?
    What he said was " I'm almost at a loss to understand how Sky have 10 million paying subscribers" & "I said almost because Britons per capita have more personal debt than citizens of any other country worldwide"
    I think that it was quite obvious that he was referring to Sky"s 10 million subscribers & not TH personally but there you go you read what you want into members posts.
    And before you go there DO NOT SEND ME ANY FOUL MOUTHED ABUSIVE PM"s because I have dared to disagree with you.

Headlight - I'd prefer not to engage with you at all if you don't mind. Many thanks & best wishes.

Headlight - I'd prefer not to engage with you at all if you don't mind. Many thanks & best wishes.
    Then why reply ?

I got rid of sky tv, then went to Virgin which was an insane rip off.
    Then I wen to NOW tv which is quality and much cheaper. Got my landline abd broadband with utility warehouse which is really great value.
    Yeah I'll be honest I am a distributor for them too :-D :-D