+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another grounds quiz for the new season.

Re: Another grounds quiz for the new season.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    12 Norwich
    No, see answer to number 12 above.

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    20 I'm guessing Wigan coz I'm buggered if I can see their ground in the other pics!!!
    Your process of elimination has paid off, Wigan is correct.

25 is Aston Villa
    Yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Your process of elimination has paid off, Wigan is correct.
    By the same process of elimination, 17 must be Derby. The roof of 22 looks like Fulham and, it's a bit of a guess but 14 - loftus road?

7 fulham, 14 QPR and 21 Derby
    No, none of them are right.

So, I make it that it's these three plus numbers 9, 11, 17, 18 and 21 to get.

Some clues for these - seven, nine and eleven are all within a few miles of each other.

No current City player has scored for us at 14 despite us having played there nine times in the past decade.

Filip Kiss scored for us at 17.

The photo of 18 was taken at the first match played there in 1935.

We played and beat the side which plays at 21 around the time that the plane protest in the photo was made.

21 Blackburn...14 Ipswich...18 Norwich....17 Derby as said above.....leaves the 3 london grounds...7 Brentford 9 Fulham and 11 QPR

I'm kinda guessing though!!!

9 Blackburn
    11 Brentford
    17 Fulham
    18 Derby
    21 QPR

I'm confused wheres Burton?

21 Blackburn...14 Ipswich...18 Norwich....17 Derby as said above.....leaves the 3 london grounds...7 Brentford 9 Fulham and 11 QPR

I'm kinda guessing though!!!
    7 is QPR so I assume 11 is Brentford.

I would have guessed 12 for Fulham...

3 for Rotherham, 4 for Preston, 5 for Barnsley, 15 for Wurzels, 16 for Reading, 17 for Fulham, 19 for home, 23 for Hull.

I'll have a scroll through now to see if these have been already mentioned/corrected.

7 Brentford
    9 qpr
    11 fulham

14 Bristol rovers

17 derby

21 ipshit or Norwich

The Brentford and Norwich pictures were both (like Russell Slade's tactics) from 1935, do I get a bonus point for noticing that? Great quiz, as always.

All of the correct answers have been given in messages received since I last posted in this thread.

Seven is QPR, nine is Fulham and Brentford is eleven. Fourteen is Ipswich, seventeen is Derby, eighteen Norwich and Blackburn is number 21.

Loramski, no idea when the Brentford photo was taken, but I can confirm the Norwich one was from 1935 - it was taken during the first match ever played at Carrow Road.

All of the correct answers have been given in messages received since I last posted in this thread.

Seven is QPR, nine is Fulham and Brentford is eleven. Fourteen is Ipswich, seventeen is Derby, eighteen Norwich and Blackburn is number 21.

Loramski, no idea when the Brentford photo was taken, but I can confirm the Norwich one was from 1935 - it was taken during the first match ever played at Carrow Road.
    Bugger, I just spent the last 90 minutes researching.

And I still only got about half a dozen right.

It says 1935 on Twitter so it must be true.

https://twitter.com/brentfordaswas

A couple of interesting things on there if you fancy scrolling down. The Nye Bevan quote (Jan 21) and the Bowie picture (Jan 10) caught my eye, as did the unorthodox method of carrying a stricken Ted Drake from the pitch in 1938 (Jan 28). I'm not the kind of bloke who'd normally recommend a picture of four naked men in a bathtub but there's something fantastically innocent about the 1930 photo on Feb 11.