+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Good Phil Smith article

Good Phil Smith article

Re: Good Phil Smith article

Decent read that. A reporter who seems to understand the game and report without bias which is a breath of fresh air compared to Phillips and Tucker.

Sadly we haven't got a very patient fan base so I think it will be more difficult for Trollope than it was for Howe at a club like Bournemouth.

I know that's a bit rich coming from me after the abuse I gave Malky and Slade but one got the results and the other was a dinosaur.

Have to agree, Phil Smith's work has been good so far.
    Tucker has now also officially left.
    Some of his humerous stuff was great, and he was a genuine City fan, unfortunately I never felt he had much in depth football knowledge and I also think he tried to hard to be controversial.
    Hope he goes back to non- footy work, which was often genuinely funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Some of his humerous stuff was great, and he was a genuine City fan, unfortunately I never felt he had much in depth football knowledge and I also think he tried to hard to be controversial.
    Agree about Phil Smith and you've captured my feelings about Steve Tucker pretty well there as well - I preferred his non football stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Spot on mate.

I'm far more positive than I was when he was appointed.

He isn't going to get a lot of time from the fans, if the style of play improves then that combined with his being involved in the recent Welsh success will get him more time than Slade. It's all about results at the end of the day, for us and the board.

I would like to see an improvement in the style of play and if possible the bringing through of a few youngsters, but not at the cost of medium to long term results.

Unless you are completely out of your depth the aim in this league should always be promotion, I didn't feel last year that was the aim from the board down to the players and staff. We were on the cusp so often but never looked like making it to the top 6.

I hope he does well and if he can bring some decent football then brilliant, but it's not going to be because of some masterstroke from the board, he was the cheapest and most convenient option available. Nothing wrong with that if it all works out.

I think Trollope will be a top manager, the good stuff last season came despite Slade. We need a centre forward, Tony Watt who has gone to Hearts would have suited our style perfectly. I guess his personal problems outway his talent. (Ross Mccormack anyone)

Finally a refreshing article to read on Wales Online.

I would have to agree with his sentiments, realistic fans will know that we need to be patient and the Championship this season is much tougher than it was last season, especially when you consider the following:-

The strength of the relegated trio, particularly Newcastle and Norwich.
    Teams looking to push on from last season, Brighton and Sheffield Wednesday will definitely be 2 teams to look out for.

Play offs are a possibility, but this division will be a tough one to crack this season. All I remain hopeful for is for Cardiff to push on from what we have seen in pre season. Seeing the performances John has put in at left back has been a breathe of fresh air.