+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How long do we give it

How long do we give it

before we start ripping in to trollope. Was a question on the other forum.

Most agreed under or just over 10 games.

Anyone else think this is ridiculous??.

I was happy with our performances last year, did that come in Slades first year????? Nooooo.

Of all the years in this league, I think this will be by far the toughest.

How about we get behind the team from start to finish instead of pre planning our booing?. We only need to be within a shout come March, then anything can happen.

No chance this'll happen though. Our fans were booing Mackay 2 months in to the premier league campaign.

Re: How long do we give it

On here? About ten minutes would be my guess.

The happy gang who sit by me are probably already moaning.

I absolutely agree that this season will be incredibly difficult for us with the automatic places pretty much already nailed on in my view, and yes, we need to manage our own expectations and get behind the team.

I'm actually really looking forward to this season, it's a bit like before we had the huge money injection from Tan. Maybe expect sneaking into the playoffs but if we just have some decent football and some exciting young players in the team I'll be happy.

Declan John playing well in pre season has been a highlight so far, let's hope it carries on.

I'd say 15 matches will be a good indication of where we are likely to end up. I'd like to see an improvement in style and or results in that time. We were just outside the play offs last season but in my opinion never looked like threatening them, we were just too inconsistent and hardly strung any results together. The away form wasn't great either.

There is no need to panic early on but we want to be at the right end, bigger clubs than us have struggled and smaller clubs on lesser budgets have succeeded. I don't see why we should happily settle for mid table.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I'd say 15 matches will be a good indication of where we are likely to end up. I'd like to see an improvement in style and or results in that time. We were just outside the play offs last season but in my opinion never looked like threatening them, we were just too inconsistent and hardly strung any results together. The away form wasn't great either.

There is no need to panic early on but we want to be at the right end, bigger clubs than us have struggled and smaller clubs on lesser budgets have succeeded. I don't see why we should happily settle for mid table.
    Yeah, I'd go along with that. Some weeks we played some good stuff, then the next we'd be awful. Watching us trying to hold on to a one or even two goal lead with ten minutes to go was painful, yet when we were chasing the game, other teams managed to hold out far more easily than us. Of course that may just be the perception.

The key for me is a vision and progression.

I quickly turned on Slade cos I witnessed his error strewn press conferences which reeked of someone who was blagging it. I also saw us set up content for a 0-0 draw at home to Rotherham and take Rugby style kick offs vs Watford!

Under Trollope I have already seen more signs of progression in a month than I did in 2 years under big russ. He has brought in good back room staff and there seems to be a professionalism about us that has been absent since Malky departed.

The club is displaying a unity and the youngsters are being given a chance in pre-season to at least show if they are worth a punt. (I think it's very important to look within before a manager ventures into the transfer market)

We have shown Tactical flexibility in pre season and the players seem to be enjoying possession based football.

Anyone who thinks we have a divine right to promotion this season with the amount of cash that is being flashed about is clearly off their tits, but if we make progression on and off the field and look like we are moving forward I will be very content.

I think we should give Trollope at least 2 seasons as long we witness the above progression.

Some will wait as long as the players warming up before the match at Birmingham. Others wont be so generous.

For me it needs at least until Christmas. Probably longer

After the red era a middling team playing in blue is to be savoured.

I wonder what this actually means - how long do we give it before we decide 'what' exactly?

It all depends where some people imagine we should be. Some may have already made up their minds.

Most level-headed fans will simply hope for decent football, a competitive outlook and a team headed in the right direction.

If there isn't any real sign of any of that by 'Christmas' then it is fair to question why, and inevitably the coach would be under scrutiny, alongside any underperformers.

Feedback

the first half of hte first game is all i am prepared to give Trollope. if after that time we aren't automatically promoted then we have every right to moan.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    The key for me is a vision and progression.

I quickly turned on Slade cos I witnessed his error strewn press conferences which reeked of someone who was blagging it. I also saw us set up content for a 0-0 draw at home to Rotherham and take Rugby style kick offs vs Watford!

Under Trollope I have already seen more signs of progression in a month than I did in 2 years under big russ. He has brought in good back room staff and there seems to be a professionalism about us that has been absent since Malky departed.

The club is displaying a unity and the youngsters are being given a chance in pre-season to at least show if they are worth a punt. (I think it's very important to look within before a manager ventures into the transfer market)

We have shown Tactical flexibility in pre season and the players seem to be enjoying possession based football.

Anyone who thinks we have a divine right to promotion this season with the amount of cash that is being flashed about is clearly off their tits, but if we make progression on and off the field and look like we are moving forward I will be very content.

I think we should give Trollope at least 2 seasons as long we witness the above progression.
    Stop stealing my thoughts you thieving ****

I agree - bottom half of table at Crimbo would be the exit door I'm afraid