+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Surprised to see nothing posted on this on here.

Surprised to see nothing posted on this on here.

Just imagine the reaction from some on here if it had been, say, Owen Smith or Jeremy Corbyn who had done this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36946404

All looks very dodgy to me.

Re: Surprised to see nothing posted on this on here.

Its UKIP, wouldnt expect anything less.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Bob it depends what politician forgot what and the poster on here.
    If it was a Tory, there are many many on here that would SHOUT - evil Tory scum racist b'stard etc - like they always do.
    If it was a Labour MP then it would be a case (from the same people) that we all make mistakes, they have apologised and that they have paid their debt to society and that they should be allowed to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Bob it depends what politician forgot what and the poster on here.
    If it was a Tory, there are many many on here that would SHOUT - evil Tory scum racist b'stard etc - like they always do.
    If it was a Labour MP then it would be a case (from the same people) that we all make mistakes, they have apologised and that they have paid their debt to society and that they should be allowed to move on.
    And my point is that the always banging on about immigration crowd on here will ignore this story (as they have done), but would be joining in with the criticism if it had been someone contesting the Labour leadership who had done exactly the same things as Mr Woolfe.

What happened here is plain wrong and it shouldn't matter what party the person concerned belongs to, but it so obviously does for some doesn't it.

If this was a labour mp I wouldn't mind one iota if they were doing a good job. Therefore I have to take the same approach with another party. Non story imo.

So it's fine for any politician planning to stand for their party's leadership to not formally apply for the job before the cut off date and then be forced to admit to "forgetting" about a drink driving conviction and ban a few days later? I might have thought they were doing a good job before I learned of this, but, once I did, I would be questioning their character and integrity and would not view them as party leader material.