+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fraizer Campbell

Fraizer Campbell

Sky are reporting, "Crystal Palace striker Fraizer Campbell is the latest man to be linked with a move to Nottingham Forest."

I'd love to see him back here.

Re: Fraizer Campbell

I would too, I think he would fit in nicely to the new style of play under Trollope. However, I heard he's on about #35k a week, so with all of our deadwood picking up their wages I doubt if we can afford him.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I would too, I think he would fit in nicely to the new style of play under Trollope. However, I heard he's on about #35k a week, so with all of our deadwood picking up their wages I doubt if we can afford him.
    Don't agree 55. I don't see how he would fit into our new system at all

Unless Palace are going to contribute to wages I just dont see how 2 clubs who have just been under transfer embargo could possibly afford him.

Same thing every transfer window with him and Mutch youd swear they were Messi and Iniesta.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    I think he'd give us options mate. To be fair to the poor ****er Malky run him into the ground when he was here with us.

I think Campbell gives you the option of playing as a lone striker or playing with a partner.
    He's not premier league quality but if he goes to Bristol I will be really worried with him and Kodjia up top with Tomlin behind.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Unless Palace are going to contribute to wages I just dont see how 2 clubs who have just been under transfer embargo could possibly afford him.

Same thing every transfer window with him and Mutch youd swear they were Messi and Iniesta.
    Mutch had potential but he seems a bit of a pussy. It's no good signing someone who's consistently missing for two days thirds of a season!

Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham_Blue View Post
    Sky are reporting, "Crystal Palace striker Fraizer Campbell is the latest man to be linked with a move to Nottingham Forest."

I'd love to see him back here.
    He has scored 23 goals in 4 seasons. You might argue that 23 goals is ok in that he has not been a first choice striker for anyone and not played full seasons. I would argue that he is not a natural goalscorer, rather someone handy to have on the bench at championship levels higher echelons.

We need goals, not running around a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    And he ' worth that wage , we could get the Welsh legend, that was Kanu, for that

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Mutch had potential but he seems a bit of a pussy. It's no good signing someone who's consistently missing for two days thirds of a season!
    Don't hear mutch about him, these days ?

He's a great goal-scorer at Championship level but whether he fits in as a lone striker and whether we want to spend a lot on a player who hasn't shown any capability of stepping up is another question, or two.

The link between Forest and Campbell (based on a bookie putting odds up for it) is very weak with the Nottingham Post saying

Crystal Palace striker Fraizer Campbell is the latest man to be linked with a move to Nottingham Forest.

The Reds have already signed frontman Apostolos Vellios this summer, but the Post understands that Forest remain keen on bringing in a new striker to add to their firepower.

Bet Victor are currently offering the Reds as favourites to sign the former Manchester United man, along with Lee Johnson's Bristol City.

The betting firm, who were the club's main sponsor from 2009 through to 2012, have Philippe Montanier's side 4/1 favourites to complete a deal for Campbell before the transfer window closes next month.

Huddersfield-born Campbell has struggled to make an impact in the top flight, scoring just four times in 31 appearances for the Eagles since his move there in 2014.

The 28-year-old had been linked with a move back to Cardiff City last summer, that move never materialised and Campbell spent the season at Selhurst Park.

But they seem to kill off the likelihood further on in the article

A move for Campbell seems somewhat unlikely, given that he is currently out injured, while Palace themselves have something of a senior striker problem.

I would love him back but not anywhere near those wages

Don't think he would come back to Cardiff after all the rebrand stuff that was going on while he was here.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I think he'd give us options mate. To be fair to the poor ****er Malky run him into the ground when he was here with us.

I think Campbell gives you the option of playing as a lone striker or playing with a partner.
    He's not premier league quality but if he goes to Bristol I will be really worried with him and Kodjia up top with Tomlin behind.
    Malky did destroy him Seemed like that was MM's job to scream at Campbell from the sidelines until he was dead.

Though he did an admirable job and played out of his skin for us, I would say he's a very unnatural fit for the lone striker role though and he was very much shoe-horned in there.

As a smart investment Surge's quote asks the definitive question - "a player who hasn't shown any capability of stepping up is another question, or two". If there is little chance or no chance of making some dollar as an investment because of his high wages/signing on fee, then I'd say his signing would've been poor speculation from a strictly money point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by the leader View Post
    He has scored 23 goals in 4 seasons. You might argue that 23 goals is ok in that he has not been a first choice striker for anyone and not played full seasons. I would argue that he is not a natural goalscorer, rather someone handy to have on the bench at championship levels higher echelons.

We need goals, not running around a lot.

Well at Championship level he banged in 7 in 12 for us and 15 in 34 for Hull. 20 in 31 in the Belgium second division

So his championship record is excellent and that stats do not back-up your claim that he is only 'handy' to have on the bench. He'll score more than 15 goals for whoever he signs for. Slade would have played him left back though.

I agree with another poster though who said while in the premier league Malky ran him into the ground. This is so true. He would chase and run all day but the quality of ball we provided him was appalling.

Wouldn't give him more than £18k a week if he came here because he's proved he can do it at Championship but beyond that, useless.

The guy ran around like a headless chicken . Ok he scored the odd decent goal.
    I wonder sometimes what I am watching reading the comments on here.

He is apparently willing to take a large cut in wages, to drop down to the championship

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    He is apparently willing to take a large cut in wages, to drop down to the championship
    I bet he is.

Prefer Vydra as suggested in WM yesterday.