+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The EU and Turkey, help me please

Re: The EU and Turkey, help me please

Quote Originally Posted by the leader View Post
    Ok, I'm back to monitor my responses and nobody has argued the case I put forward so it seems I read it right. On your point here though you seem to be getting more and more bogged down by an illogical stance. The point of Visas is that there is redress for the recipient country and an agreed date for an individual to leave. Visas often cost money and there is an administrative function involved that deters criminals.

People with visas vanish, we know this, but customs staff are professional and are able to stop people with visas through questioning....where are you staying, with whom, what flight are you returning on, you have no holiday clothes and so on and so forth. It's not foolproof but it is a safeguard of sorts.

A no visa ruling means that people just need a passport, nothing more. They are allowed entry into EU member states by virtue of having a passport alone. No reason for visit necessary. How you cannot see this as problematic befuddles me and it seems you're arguing on the basis that you're right irrespective of logic because it's your viewpoint and as such correct.

I'm not sure you'd be a good chap to run border control anywhere soon.
    The biggest problem that Britain has with 'overstayers' is with Australians and New Zealanders. Historically they have always consistently topped the league tables, but corporate/state media outlets seem not to want to mention that, as it doesn't quite fit in with the underlying anti-brown people narrative, that is spoon fed to the British public...

Quote Originally Posted by Splott Dave View Post
    The biggest problem that Britain has with 'overstayers' is with Australians and New Zealanders. Historically they have always consistently topped the league tables, but corporate/state media outlets seem not to want to mention that, as it doesn't quite fit in with the underlying anti-brown people narrative, that is spoon fed to the British public...
    I would certainly not disagree this point but the difference between examples is stark. Aussies and NZ people integrate freely, actual.y want to be part of our society and they speak the lingo.
    I suspect that, should Syrians, Afghans or anyone else come here speaking fluent English and happy to take on our values they would be embraced. The fact is that those that do, are.

You're wrong. It is people with holiday visas who are most likely to be stopped by customs and interviewed. They are easier to spot if their intention is not to go back.
    We are talking about arranged interview for every person taking up a visa, "random" interviews are obviously going to target people with holiday visas from certain areas.

Ok, I'm back to monitor my responses and nobody has argued the case I put forward so it seems I read it right. On your point here though you seem to be getting more and more bogged down by an illogical stance. The point of Visas is that there is redress for the recipient country and an agreed date for an individual to leave. Visas often cost money and there is an administrative function involved that deters criminals.

People with visas vanish, we know this, but customs staff are professional and are able to stop people with visas through questioning....where are you staying, with whom, what flight are you returning on, you have no holiday clothes and so on and so forth. It's not foolproof but it is a safeguard of sorts.

A no visa ruling means that people just need a passport, nothing more. They are allowed entry into EU member states by virtue of having a passport alone. No reason for visit necessary. How you cannot see this as problematic befuddles me and it seems you're arguing on the basis that you're right irrespective of logic because it's your viewpoint and as such correct.

I'm not sure you'd be a good chap to run border control anywhere soon.
    A visa costs ~£100 if someone is intent on getting to a country illegally it isn't going to put them off.

I agree we should stay vigilant on turkey but I don't think this would be as big a deal as you are making out.

I would certainly not disagree this point but the difference between examples is stark. Aussies and NZ people integrate freely, actual.y want to be part of our society and they speak the lingo.
    I suspect that, should Syrians, Afghans or anyone else come here speaking fluent English and happy to take on our values they would be embraced. The fact is that those that do, are.
    So you aren't actually bothered about people staying in the country illegally then?

You're wrong. It is people with holiday visas who are most likely to be stopped by customs and interviewed. They are easier to spot if their intention is not to go back.
    Actually they have interview centres in the host countries, run by or on behalf of the British Embassies. Any person who fails to meet the stringent requirements will be refused a visa, which could be the vast majority of applicants depending on the country in question, so they will never even get as far as Heathrow.