Quote Originally Posted by the leader View Post
Ok, I'm back to monitor my responses and nobody has argued the case I put forward so it seems I read it right. On your point here though you seem to be getting more and more bogged down by an illogical stance. The point of Visas is that there is redress for the recipient country and an agreed date for an individual to leave. Visas often cost money and there is an administrative function involved that deters criminals.

People with visas vanish, we know this, but customs staff are professional and are able to stop people with visas through questioning....where are you staying, with whom, what flight are you returning on, you have no holiday clothes and so on and so forth. It's not foolproof but it is a safeguard of sorts.

A no visa ruling means that people just need a passport, nothing more. They are allowed entry into EU member states by virtue of having a passport alone. No reason for visit necessary. How you cannot see this as problematic befuddles me and it seems you're arguing on the basis that you're right irrespective of logic because it's your viewpoint and as such correct.

I'm not sure you'd be a good chap to run border control anywhere soon.
The biggest problem that Britain has with 'overstayers' is with Australians and New Zealanders. Historically they have always consistently topped the league tables, but corporate/state media outlets seem not to want to mention that, as it doesn't quite fit in with the underlying anti-brown people narrative, that is spoon fed to the British public...