+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The EU and Turkey, help me please

Re: The EU and Turkey, help me please

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    You aren't going away really are you.
    I might be

PS you can get one-year visa free in Georgia if that's your thing, and it's also a good place to start up a location independent business

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Don't forget the economic discrepancies that exist between developed countries and the rest of the world. In your example you have chosen two like-for-like countries, and they also have favourable reciprocal employment agreements in place, which more or less eliminates the need to work illegally.
    You don't need all that to go to Rwanda or Russia either, is that a better example?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Very unlikely for a holiday visa that you'd have to have an interview or give all the information you've listed.

For a work visa yes but that would mean the person was coming over legally to work anyway.
    It's highly likely if there are no visa free or visa on arrival protocols in place. Try viewing the world from the viewpoint of a non-privalidged westerner who takes everything for granted

You don't need all that to go to Rwanda or Russia either, is that a better example?
    Like I said it works on a country to country basis, and the agreements are not always equal, with extra demands placed on those travelling in our direction.

I might be

PS you can get one-year visa free in Georgia if that's your thing, and it's also a good place to start up a location independent business
    One moment you can't make it to the City as you're a single father, next you're flying of to former soviet states to to invent Google Maps.

The wonderful life of Gluey.

It's highly likely if there are no visa free or visa on arrival protocols in place. Try viewing the world from the viewpoint of a non-privalidged westerner who takes everything for granted
    Are you purposely missing the point?

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    One moment you can't make it to the City as you're a single father, next you're flying of to former soviet states to to invent Google Maps.

The wonderful life of Gluey.
    The information wasn't aimed at you or Gluby in particular, just general advice regarding visas, and I noticed lot's of entrepreneurial types are heading to Eastern Europe. I hear the lifestyle in places like Tbilisi is pretty good, with low taxes and cheap property prices.

Do people think I'm gluey? I was the stars guy until I changed to Croesy.

Are you purposely missing the point?
    What point? That people heading towards Europe generally get fecked about when trying to obtain holiday visas?

I'm wearing white Y-fronts and I had chicken curry for tea. What else do you want to know?
    Tell TruBlue nowt. He's the message board equivalent of nosey Norris from The Kabin on Coronation Street.

not you, wales-bales

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    not you, wales-bales
    What is your view on visas? Do you have one? What are your views on anything? Do you have any?

What is your view on visas? Do you have one? What are your views on anything? Do you have any?

never needed a visa apart from the electronic one to Oz,
    my view on you, a massive bell end

As Packerman says, Gluey is Wales-Bales. He lives in a fantasy world.

Why is this even here? If we can't talk about a centre which presents a clear and present danger to our city, then why are we talking about immigration concerns regarding Turkey and The EU?

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    never needed a visa apart from the electronic one to Oz
    So you will only visit a county if it has a McDonald's

So you will only visit a county if it has a McDonald's
    what a great comeback, side splitter from Walter

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC_Urawa_Reds View Post
    Why is this even here? If we can't talk about a centre which presents a clear and present danger to our city, then why are we talking about immigration concerns regarding Turkey and The EU?
    We can talk about it in the politics forum

Exiting the EU will have little or no effect.

We get most of our turkeys from Norfolk.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Exiting the EU will have little or no effect.

We get most of our turkeys from Norfolk.
    Norfolking way

Like I said it works on a country to country basis, and the agreements are not always equal, with extra demands placed on those travelling in our direction.
    You said bank statements and letter from employer were standard procedure. Now you're saying it varies from country to country.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    You said bank statements and letter from employer were standard procedure. Now you're saying it varies from country to country.
    What took you so long to get here?

Those are the basics, some ask for more.
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 03-08-16 at 00:42.

What took you so long to get here?

Those are the basics, some ask for more.
    Which country/countries are you talking about?

They're holiday visas, Turkish people won't be able to obtain work visas via free movement.

I'm not sure how many will vanish and work illegally, how many do you think? Surely we should be cracking down on the people who employ them illegally if they're doing that?
    Ok, I'm back to monitor my responses and nobody has argued the case I put forward so it seems I read it right. On your point here though you seem to be getting more and more bogged down by an illogical stance. The point of Visas is that there is redress for the recipient country and an agreed date for an individual to leave. Visas often cost money and there is an administrative function involved that deters criminals.

People with visas vanish, we know this, but customs staff are professional and are able to stop people with visas through questioning....where are you staying, with whom, what flight are you returning on, you have no holiday clothes and so on and so forth. It's not foolproof but it is a safeguard of sorts.

A no visa ruling means that people just need a passport, nothing more. They are allowed entry into EU member states by virtue of having a passport alone. No reason for visit necessary. How you cannot see this as problematic befuddles me and it seems you're arguing on the basis that you're right irrespective of logic because it's your viewpoint and as such correct.

I'm not sure you'd be a good chap to run border control anywhere soon.

Very unlikely for a holiday visa that you'd have to have an interview or give all the information you've listed.

For a work visa yes but that would mean the person was coming over legally to work anyway.
    You're wrong. It is people with holiday visas who are most likely to be stopped by customs and interviewed. They are easier to spot if their intention is not to go back.