+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this too far?

Is this too far?

Allow loud call for prayer (Adhan) in UK mosques

The adhan, or Islamic call to prayer, is an integral part of the Muslim faith. The number of people practicing the religion of Islam in the United Kingdom exceeds 3 million. Some neighborhood towns have more than 50% Muslim population.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/132191

On another forum that is unrelated to football, they said that we are a religiously tolerant country and it should be allowed?.

Personally I think no chance. In absolutely no way will I be subjected to a call to prayer five times a day.

I will blast my car music over it.

They have some balls to even try it. They know what sort of reaction it will create.

I've been to india and Muslims there demanded to build mosques in the middle of roundabouts. To gain a reaction and be able to claim themselves as victims.

The name of good Europeans dragged through the dirt. When the people migrating on mass to europe have zero understanding of multiculturalism. Or respect.

The UK has given them a life. But no, that isn't good enough.

Take, take, take. Then moan, moan, moan. Then take, take, take..........

Re: Is this too far?

Yes, as a post it is way too far.

So I'm assuming this means that wailing noise that tells people when to come and pray?

Don't see a problem with it to be honest - it's just the muslim equivalent of the ice cream man.

And why is that. Down rating the thread. It hurts, the pain. It cuts me so deep.

Booming religious tripe out over loud speakers five times a day.

I couldn't care less about it being islamic.

I have no interest in being subjected to it. And I should have a choice.

The religious know when to pray.

This is purely symbolic as they go on their crusade to claim European countries.

Marking their territory like a dog. While western leftists defend absolutely anything. And drag European people through dirt.

Only one side is intolerant. It isn't the Europeans.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 03-08-16 at 11:00.

Quote Originally Posted by شهرستان کاردیف View Post
    And why is that. Down rating the thread. It hurts, the pain. It cuts me so deep.

This is purely symbolic as they go on their crusade to claim European countries.

Marking their territory like a dog. While western leftists defend absolutely anything. And drag European people through dirt.

Simple solution - move to Caerphilly.

No mosques here.

Hardly any brown faces either.

Loads of ice cream vans though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    So I'm assuming this means that wailing noise that tells people when to come and pray?

Don't see a problem with it to be honest - it's just the muslim equivalent of the ice cream man.
    A call to prayer, from the one I've witnessed, is incredibly loud.

If they want to practice their faith then I have no issue. They can believe they are off to a utopia upon kicking the bucket.

But why should be subjected to their mythical crap. I'd rather we boomed the soundtrack to the teletubbies.

Being religious should not give any more freedoms than a normal human being. I cannot demand to play oasis over loudspeakers in public places, so why should they.

Religion is a choice. A really stupid choice.

Others are saying church bells. Well, I haven't heard a church bell in I don't know how long. And every single mosque will do a call to prayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Simple solution - move to Caerphilly.

No mosques here.

Hardly any brown faces either.

Loads of ice cream vans though.
    Couldn't care less if they were a set of milking cows demanding it. Let alone brown or white people.

Couldn't care less if they were a set of milking cows demanding it. Let alone brown or white people.
    What if they were brown cows?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    What if they were brown cows?
    Shot at dawn.

Shot at dawn.
    Racist.

Reported.

I was on Gili T island in Indonesia a few years ago, and my hotel room (hut) was situated between two mosques. The call to prayer in the morning did my ****ing head in. It was like a battle. Each mosque getting louder and more aggressive each time. And Gili T is a party island, so when you've had 2 or 3 hours sleep tops, its the last thing you want to be hearing.

So far that reason, I'm out.

I was in Malacca, Malaysia a couple of months ago and walked past a mosque that was blaring out its call. I shat my pants to begin with, it was loud and unexpected. I definitely wouldn't want to live near it.

Having said that, I've no idea why the Arabic username OP is losing his shit over this It's a stupid petition, what's the percentage of these becoming legislation? It must be tiny. It's unlikely to happen and even if it did, it's massively unlikely to happen near where you live. So you'd probably only be exposed to it while driving past and if you understand the acoustics in cars then you'd know you're unlikely to notice it if your stereo is on.

But it gives us a chance to compare muslims to dogs and then say they're the intolerant ones so full speed ahead.

Aiint going to happen so dont get your knickers ina twist

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I was in Malacca, Malaysia a couple of months ago and walked past a mosque that was blaring out its call. I shat my pants to begin with, it was loud and unexpected. I definitely wouldn't want to live near it.

Having said that, I've no idea why the Arabic username OP is losing his shit over this It's a stupid petition, what's the percentage of these becoming legislation? It must be tiny. It's unlikely to happen and even if it did, it's massively unlikely to happen near where you live. So you'd probably only be exposed to it while driving past and if you understand the acoustics in cars then you'd know you're unlikely to notice it if your stereo is on.

But it gives us a chance to compare muslims to dogs and then say they're the intolerant ones so full speed ahead.
    I was in India when we were in the middle of one.

Even though there is probably zero danger it does get the heart going!.

On my username, I read quite a bit about the middle east and its people. But some imports do grind at times.

Yes probably no point caring about it as the above poster said.

Always a good chance of picking up a tidy pair of plimsolls during prayer. When they are all heads down wailing towards Mecca grab em and run.

Ironic post of the year award.

It would fall foul of EU noise pollution laws, anyway.

Oh...

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Ironic post of the year award.
    Please elaborate.

Last time I checked, I don't decide what our government does. And I didn't vote for our foreign policy.

This will never ever happen, I'm going to start a petition to stop any more petitions because now they're made for anything they've become worthless.

Please elaborate.

Last time I checked, I don't decide what our government does. And I didn't vote for our foreign policy.
    He's probably talking about the crusades. That's why it was a very ironic choice of words.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    He's probably talking about the crusades. That's why it was a very ironic choice of words.
    Ye I know. A while ago that!.

I just find it funny that many would defend this. Yet if I went to an islamic country and tried to get church bells ringing all day every day I'd be chased out of town.

I just find it funny that many would defend this. Yet if I went to an islamic country and tried to get church bells ringing all day every day I'd be chased out of town.
    You should be proud you live in a progressive country where we don't chase people out of town because of their nuts beliefs.

Still this will never happen so I wouldn't worry yourself.

I know what you mean but it's ironic that we consider the church of part of 'our' culture (historically true, I grant you) when it's just a different schism of Abrahamism, which came from the Middle East in the first place. Christianity just happens to be the version foisted upon us by invading armies and various rulers. Religion is all about indoctrination, gullibility, division and seeing others as different and not worthy of one's own version of heaven/paradise/the afterlife. It's about time that the primitive concept of deities were replaced by altruism and a concern for our fellow man. Sadly, we all know that it isn't going to happen soon though - as the biggest conflicts seem to be between schisms of just one branch of religion i.e. Abrahamism (in the forms of Judaism, Sunni, Shia, Christianity etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I know what you mean but it's ironic that we consider the church of part of 'our' culture (historically true, I grant you) when it's just a different schism of Abrahamism, which came from the Middle East in the first place. Christianity just happens to be the version foisted upon us by invading armies and various rulers. Religion is all about indoctrination, gullibility, division and seeing others as different and not worthy of one's own version of heaven/paradise/the afterlife. It's about time that the primitive concept of deities were replaced by altruism and a concern for our fellow man. Sadly, we all know that it isn't going to happen soon though - as the biggest conflicts seem to be between schisms of just one branch of religion i.e. Abrahamism (in the forms of Judaism, Sunni, Shia, Christianity etc.)
    Hey! Just because you don't believe there's a guy floating in the sky that watches us all and can hear all our thoughts and made everything around us including the universe in 6 days and gives us rainbows and pretty flowers but also chooses to put parasites in children's eyes and gave us his son Jesus who could walk on water and come back from the dead, doesn't make the rest of us gullible.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Hey! Just because you don't believe there's a guy floating in the sky that watches us all and can hear all our thoughts and made everything around us including the universe in 6 days and gives us rainbows and pretty flowers but also chooses to put parasites in children's eyes and gave us his son Jesus who could walk on water and come back from the dead, doesn't make the rest of us gullible.
    Ok then clever clogs, if it's not true then how do you explain that Jesus wrote his autobiography (with pictures for proof) and put a copy in every motel room in America?

Come on Gareth, answer that one eh?