Re: Coleman keen for Hull talks according to Sky Sports

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Giggs to Wales, upon us .
    Please God, no

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Please God, no

Colemans club record is average at best, at the moment he is on a high after what he has achieved with Wales, if he doesnt achieve World Cup qualification he will look like a failure again, and the club will not be knocking.

It might be his best time to get out now.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    ££££££££££££££££££££££
    This, at the very least he's looking for a pay rise of the FAW

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    This, at the very least he's looking for a pay rise of the FAW
    Assuming any of this is has any truth in it, then if he does get a pay rise and stays, then the whole thing is a bit fecked up now anyway as he now looks less than committed to Wales.

Can't blame him for wanting to do the best for himself, but it is a gamble if he doesn't.
    '£ogether $tronger' isn't going to win hearts and minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Assuming any of this is has any truth in it, then if he does get a pay rise and stays, then the whole thing is a bit fecked up now anyway as he now looks less than committed to Wales.

Can't blame him for wanting to do the best for himself, but it is a gamble if he doesn't.
    '£ogether $tronger' isn't going to win hearts and minds.
    He has only just signed a contract with the FAW i cannot see another one coming especially as he has set out the terms for his leaving after the world cup.

Sam Rickettsia has said that Coleman could do better than Hull and I tend to agree - especially the version of the club that has them signing no one after promotion and having lost their manager under circumstances which suggested he'd had enough of the people in charge.

If Coleman was to go, I hope Wales look to make an in house appointment because they've got something that works and it would be wrong to think that one man leaving will bring the whole thing tumbling down - trouble is, if the FAW went for that approach, Paul TRollope could be well in the running to take over.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Colemans club record is average at best, at the moment he is on a high after what he has achieved with Wales, if he doesnt achieve World Cup qualification he will look like a failure again, and the club will not be knocking.

It might be his best time to get out now.
    But surely not with Hull City?
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    But surely not with Hull City?
    Spedger
    I would agree that Hull wouldn't be an ideal choice. However what sort of club would be offering a job at the moment.

about 18 months ago Coleman would have been looking at a L1 club or a small team abroad, now there is a premier league club knocking.

He also know that is Wales do not qualify he has failed with European quarter finalists, and his stock has fallen again.

He might think this is a punt worth taking.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    I would agree that Hull wouldn't be an ideal choice. However what sort of club would be offering a job at the moment.

about 18 months ago Coleman would have been looking at a L1 club or a small team abroad, now there is a premier league club knocking.

He also know that is Wales do not qualify he has failed with European quarter finalists, and his stock has fallen again.

He might think this is a punt worth taking.
    Semi finalists mate.

(I know you know and it's just a mistake I just like typing it).

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Semi finalists mate.

(I know you know and it's just a mistake I just like typing it).
    I honestly was thinking quarters at the time, i must still be struggling with believing it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Paul TRollope could be well in the running to take over.
    I was thinking this yesterday - and I think that could be a huge problem for Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    I was thinking this yesterday - and I think that could be a huge problem for Cardiff.

If he wants to go and get paid prob 10x the amount he on now let him. He isn't that great a manager, he is managing a very good group of players who are all friends and have played together a long time. He is lucky to manage them as he has often stated. He hasn't done so well elsewhere. He'd be mad to go now but money talks maybe he's skint.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Sam Rickettsia has said that Coleman could do better than Hull and I tend to agree - especially the version of the club that has them signing no one after promotion and having lost their manager under circumstances which suggested he'd had enough of the people in charge.

If Coleman was to go, I hope Wales look to make an in house appointment because they've got something that works and it would be wrong to think that one man leaving will bring the whole thing tumbling down - trouble is, if the FAW went for that approach, Paul TRollope could be well in the running to take over.
    Always thought that when the time came for Coleman to move on Osian Roberts would be ideally placed to take over and should be given a chance. Difficult to correlate his input with our success, but in his other remit as Technical Director and responsible for the UEFA Pro Licenses, his programs have won applause from the likes of Thierry Henry and Peter Crouch and he seems to be well respected.

Besides Porthmadog his own direct management experience will count for diddly squat, but I do have the feeling that he was the golden thread that held the Speed/Colman transition together and meant that we did not have to go back to square one in respect of dealing with the FAW Trust and other backroom issues. In addition I cannot see why he would not want to continue with a winning formula particularly as he has invested so much into it already.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirds of Kazakhstan View Post
    Always thought that when the time came for Coleman to move on Osian Roberts would be ideally placed to take over and should be given a chance. Difficult to correlate his input with our success, but in his other remit as Technical Director and responsible for the UEFA Pro Licenses, his programs have won applause from the likes of Thierry Henry and Peter Crouch and he seems to be well respected.

Besides Porthmadog his own direct management experience will count for diddly squat, but I do have the feeling that he was the golden thread that held the Speed/Colman transition together and meant that we did not have to go back to square one in respect of dealing with the FAW Trust and other backroom issues. In addition I cannot see why he would not want to continue with a winning formula particularly as he has invested so much into it already.
    Roberts would be in line to take the hot seat I reckon. It's a likely scenario. Personally, I feel it could end up being a loss to Wales in the long term, as this would only put Osian on the conveyor belt out of the Welsh set up entirely. If he were to do well, then how long before Osian is poached also? It would be of great benefit to Wales to keep him in his current role where he over sees so much in regard to Welsh football. But I suspect more lucrative offers can only be around the corner for him.

Far to sensible a response for this board. Please ban yourself for 7 days.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    If he wants to go and get paid prob 10x the amount he on now let him. He isn't that great a manager, he is managing a very good group of players who are all friends and have played together a long time. He is lucky to manage them as he has often stated. He hasn't done so well elsewhere. He'd be mad to go now but money talks maybe he's skint.
    There is a part of me that agrees with this, but feels quite guilty about it. Coleman clearly had an influence on the team and the players obviously enjoyed his style of management. However I'm still not convinced he's that good a manager. I think he got a bit fortunate with the Wales setup.

As I say, a bit unfair, but it's kind of how I see it.

The only issue I have with Coleman now is other teams are going to pay us a lot more respect and from what I've seen he really does struggle to set up the team to go and win games we should win

I'd be wary Roberts would be too risky an appointment and we'd also lose an important part of the coaching set-up and FAW. Some people are coaches and some are managers and he might not be the latter. Better to keep him where he is and bring in another figurehead.

Tony Pulis would be my choice idf Coleman goes and leave the others like Roberts where they are.
    Spedger

I agree with all of the above, I would hang on in and wait for the Madrid offer .

I'd love to see Carl Robinson come in