+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Only 14% of American eligible adults voted for Clinton or Trump.

Only 14% of American eligible adults voted for Clinton or Trump.

https://uprootedpalestinians.wordpre...nton-or-trump/

86% of all eligible American voters have not voted for either Trump or Clinton to be a presidential candidate.

Re: Only 14% of American eligible adults voted for Clinton or Trump.

So? How many vote for May or Cameron or Corbyn?

They are lucky they get to choose their leader of each side. Here in the UK you have very little chance to vote. Labour have opened up in a the last few years, but the labour party dont seem to like that and are trying to get rid. European elite are chosen by the european elite.

The americans had more of a say than we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    So? How many vote for May or Cameron or Corbyn?

They are lucky they get to choose their leader of each side. Here in the UK you have very little chance to vote. Labour have opened up in a the last few years, but the labour party dont seem to like that and are trying to get rid. European elite are chosen by the european elite.

The americans had more of a say than we do.
    I think and it's only an opinion, that we are seeing the death throes of the disasterous Blairism experiment with Labour at present. Whether Jeremy Corbyn as an individual makes it through to lead a new government or not, frankly I have my doubts, but what he represents may have a lot more traction for the future of Labour.

This is a bit of a non-story imho.

30% of Americans are either children, Felons or non-citezens. Source New York Times

Another 27% don't bother voting at all. Ever. (same source)

22% didn't vote in the primaries, but will vote in the presidential elections.

The remaining percentage who did vote in the primaries obviously voted for a number of different candidates

How many people in Britain voted for Corbyn or Cameron to be leaders of their respective parties?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    This is a bit of a non-story imho.

30% of Americans are either children, Felons or non-citezens. Source New York Times

Another 27% don't bother voting at all. Ever. (same source)

22% didn't vote in the primaries, but will vote in the presidential elections.

The remaining percentage who did vote in the primaries obviously voted for a number of different candidates

How many people in Britain voted for Corbyn or Cameron to be leaders of their respective parties?
    America has about 100 million adults who are not even registered to vote, so thus are not in the category of being qualified as 'eligible'.

The 14% refers to those legally registered and who are acceptable and eligible to vote.

Personally from what I've seen, I don't think the prospect of voting for either candidate excites the average American very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott Dave View Post
    America has about 100 million adults who are not even registered to vote, so thus are not in the category of being qualified as 'eligible'.

The 14% refers to those legally registered and who are acceptable and eligible to vote.

Personally from what I've seen, I don't think the prospect of voting for either candidate excites the average American very much.
    From discussions I had with a number of Americans from different parts of the US in April, the impression I got was that it was a case of which pile of dog shit do you want to step in.

As in our country, there are those who would vote for their party of choice if they pinned a rosette on a stuffed donkey, and the impression I got was that there was an almost unanimous distrust of Clinton, and an almost reluctant acceptance that, whilst acknowledging that he is as mad as a box of frogs, a lot of what he says appeals to the baser interest of the average American Joe.

A bit like Farage.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    From discussions I had with a number of Americans from different parts of the US in April, the impression I got was that it was a case of which pile of dog shit do you want to step in.

As in our country, there are those who would vote for their party of choice if they pinned a rosette on a stuffed donkey, and the impression I got was that there was an almost unanimous distrust of Clinton, and an almost reluctant acceptance that, whilst acknowledging that he is as mad as a box of frogs, a lot of what he says appeals to the baser interest of the average American Joe.

A bit like Farage.
    It looks like the old Chinese proverb of wishing someone that they may live in interesting times, sadly looks like coming true for the world in the years to come.