+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Richards DID do the Ayatollah - video

Richards DID do the Ayatollah - video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=VGmscq2uKbg

Not sure how conclusive it is, but I'd certainly believe the posters on here who said he did it and this is at the same time so seems to back it up.

Hope this is put to bed now.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=VGmscq2uKbg

Re: Richards DID do the Ayatollah - video

TFFT - move on

This will hit **** hard

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    This will hit **** hard
    They moan about everything

This will hit **** hard
    You really think that those knuckle heads would accept that video

Where was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Where was it?
    Thought it was just me couldn't see it...

Currently a 5 pager on ****

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Camera is following the ball, so I guess it's off screen, but it was at the same time as a few have reported seeing it, personally I was following the ball as well so I have no idea.
    However the timing of the chant and cheer ( which wouldn't have been for anything on the pitch), is pretty conclusive IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I was at the game and he definitely did it, but I can't make it out in that video.

Some of the chavs were shouting at him to do it when he was trying to defend, honestly some of our lot are brain dead NQAT

He did it when he was in the penalty area in front of us. It wasn't a full blown head slap but more a gentle tap either side of his forehead.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    He did it when he was in the penalty area in front of us. It wasn't a full blown head slap but more a gentle tap either side of his forehead.
    He was trying to defend no wonder he did a quick one.

He did it twice then. Also did in the first half. Que the apologies.... oh actually forget that, itll be not good enough because he didn't do it on command.

Unfortunately the CC Player footage missed the one in the first half. Theyve panned the camera, but you can hear the muffled cheer in the background.

Welcome aboard Jazz.

The video here that Tim linked to doesn't show it 'live' but listen to the crowd and they chant 'Richards do the ayatollah' followed by a cheer when he obviously reciprocated.

Let's move on. He's one of us now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Currently a 5 pager on ****
    Cardiff released the clip a couple of hours ago and it's not had a mention on there yet. Now there's a poll on there to see if they should take down their Ayatollah smiley in light of what's happened because some fans are disrespecting the Ayatollah, saying its outdated.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill Stants brother View Post
    Cardiff released the clip a couple of hours ago and it's not had a mention on there yet. Now there's a poll on there to see if they should take down their Ayatollah smiley in light of what's happened because some fans are disrespecting the Ayatollah, saying its outdated.

Does my head in sometimes. On one occasion he was up the far end of the pitch clearly pointing another player to go to a certain place and he was being asked to do it - and then booed after- Brainless !

The 'Ayatollah ' is great but FFS mun, pick your moments

They are all thick as mince, they make the idiots of ccmb look like Mensa members.

The ayatollah is a fans thing. A sort of masonic like code between supporters as they overtake each other on the motorway, done by fans walking up the street as a City coach goes by to show you are a bluebird.

it's a bonus if the moment means a player gets to do it. let them do their job and as fans we do ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    The ayatollah is a fans thing. A sort of masonic like code between supporters as they overtake each other on the motorway, done by fans walking up the street as a City coach goes by to show you are a bluebird.

it's a bonus if the moment means a player gets to do it. let them do their job and as fans we do ours.
    It's a bit of a masonic handshake between fans and its been good IMO that we had something different from other clubs, I would think that JR's displays for the club are the real important issues, I can understand why he wouldn't want to do it and certainly wouldn't berate him for not doing it, but its clear from the video he did respond, so its yesterdays chip paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Camera is following the ball, so I guess it's off screen, but it was at the same time as a few have reported seeing it, personally I was following the ball as well so I have no idea.
    However the timing of the chant and cheer ( which wouldn't have been for anything on the pitch), is pretty conclusive IMHO
    I wasn't there but the chant followed by the cheer seems quite conclusive.

This will hit **** hard
    It won't , every hit he gets, earns

I wonder if the people complaining about him not doing the ayatollah also complain as one player kisses the badge at multiple different clubs?

One of my favourite ayatollah moments was after the FA Cup final where players and fans joined together despite the disappointment, it can still be a powerful statement of togetherness and something unique when so little in football is these days.