+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another conspiracy theory?

Re: Another conspiracy theory?

I can see you're proud of yourself but just out of interest, which of my posts led you to believe that I don't know what the word monitoring means?

Or is this a transparent attempt to move the conversation away from your hilarious ignorance of technology?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I can see you're proud of yourself but just out of interest, which of my posts led you to believe that I don't know what the word monitoring means?

Or is this a transparent attempt to move the conversation away from your hilarious ignorance of technology?
    My complete 'ignorance of technology' gave me extra time this morning to pick wild poppies for my wife from a grassy knoll, which in turn assisted me to have my wicked way with her as she was overcome by the gesture.

Technology ain't all it's cracked up to be lardy...

Would the box work if you want to watch iplayer on your device when you're out?
    iPlayer could be password protected, just like Sky Go and Netflix are. You would only need a decoder for terrestrial television signals.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott Dave View Post
    Why are people so accepting of the need to have some form smart meter/box in their home to watch something which they have already paid for with their annual licence fee? It's not as if the BBC are completely dependent on licence fees, Top Gear alone used to bring in some £350 million annually from global sales.

Surely we should just be looking at this for what it really is, just another way of raising revenues for the organisation, like paying for the privilege of driving your car into central London, i.e. just another tax?
    It's just a decoder to unscramble encrypted TV signals, there is nothing smart about it

Here is a photo of a new licence detector van, alongside 4 customer service licence inspectors.

article_img.jpg
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 07-08-16 at 12:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Here is a photo of the new licence detector vans, alongside 4 customer service licence inspectors.

article_img.jpg
    Whatever happened to Z Cars?

They made do with a Ford Zephyr without any seatbelts in that.

iPlayer could be password protected, just like Sky Go and Netflix are. You would only need a decoder for terrestrial television signals.
    Yep I suggested the password earlier. Why would tv signals need to be decoded? Surely nothing needs to change there, this is about online viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott Dave View Post
    My complete 'ignorance of technology' gave me extra time this morning to pick wild poppies for my wife from a grassy knoll, which in turn assisted me to have my wicked way with her as she was overcome by the gesture.

Technology ain't all it's cracked up to be lardy...
    Nobody expects a 65 year old middle manager to keep up with technology, but how does that old saying go? Better to be silent and thought a fool than...

Why would tv signals need to be decoded?
    To stop innocent innocent people getting harassed. If live TV signals were encrypted, they couldn't go around accusing the people who have opted out of watching their programs.

To stop innocent innocent people getting harassed. If live TV signals were encrypted, they couldn't go around accusing the people who have opted out of watching their programs.
    But the law at the moment is that you need a licence to watch any channel not just 'their' programmes. So which innocent people are being harassed?

But the law at the moment is that you need a licence to watch any channel not just 'their' programmes. So which innocent people are being harassed?
    That's like saying I have to pay a licence fee to Heineken if I want to drink beer, even if I only drink real ale. It's bollocks and it's also extortion. They need to focus on the BBC and make their laws applicable only to the BBC. And I'm not even sure that they need a law as it's only a broadcasting company.
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 07-08-16 at 12:42.