+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: #Cityasone - unless your name is Jazz Richards

Re: #Cityasone - unless your name is Jazz Richards

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I'm feeling like I've stepped through the looking glass tbh, on my way home earlier I was listening to the game on the radio, from what I heard it sounded like we battered them. A couple of great saves from their keeper, what sounds like an incredible volley from whitts, a missed sitter from our new "striker" and all in all a decent away point from our first game.

I log in to see what others thought of those incidents and apparently all that happened is that our new signing, a former Swansea player, didn't do the ayatollah so our "1,700 loyal fans" booed him and called him a jack bastard.

You couldn't make it up.
    I doubt it was more than 50 of our loyal fans who booed him. But that is 50 too many. I started as banter but got a bit of an edge to it by the 3rd or 4th time....

It was a side show that has been made out to be much bigger than it was.

So if a former city player joined the jacks and did the swim away, you'd be ok with that?

The whole thing is daft IMHO, but yes traditional. I'm all for asking a player to do it if he's coming on/going off, but while he's in the middle of concentrating on his game, it's just plain stupid.
    Slightly different. Swim away is taking the piss out of Cardiff fans the ayatollah isn't taking the piss out of the jacks.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I doubt it was more than 50 of our loyal fans who booed him. But that is 50 too many. I started as banter but got a bit of an edge to it by the 3rd or 4th time....

It was a side show that has been made out to be much bigger than it was.
    Cheers Jon, as sensible as ever. Reading the main sports story on Wales online, they imply it was a lot more than that, some of the comments they published that were posted on social media by what I can only assume are young children or morons, are just plain embarrassing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Slightly different. Swim away is taking the piss out of Cardiff fans the ayatollah isn't taking the piss out of the jacks.
    Einstein got **** all on you

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Anyway to those who did go , and were intensely watching every bodily movement of our players , how did the city play under our new manager.
    Thought we did well. Movement was decent, we got the ball down and used the width across the park. Think Fred could be a decent acquisition (perhaps more of a target/nuisance than a 20 goal striker though). We are desperate for another striker (if not 2). Hopefully moving some of the dead wood (plus Fabio) out over the next week or so, will give us the flexibility to go and get the players we want in the market without compromising our FFP position. I just hope that previous managers don't continue to screw us over, because of their inadequate signings and OTT wages given out to average players. Ultimately if we cant get rid of some of them, then we are going to struggle to recruit what we need.

There's a clear plan and whilst early days we seem to have an identity, so with a full squad of players that Trollope wants, I think we can certainly finish top 6.

Just took a gander on the dark side and **** me the Beauty's on there you'd swear jazz had killed someone

Quote Originally Posted by Phill Stants brother View Post

I hate the Ayatollah, I personally go to watch the football, each to their own though. I bet 100's of fans didn't watch a ball being kicked today, just watched Jazz all game to see if he slapped his head or not.
    Sadly, you are very, very right

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Let's hope he did and this is a overreaction by fans who have gone straight to social media.

Wouldn't be the 1st time.

He simply can't stay here if they are correct though.
    Why?

Is not doing the ayatollah the worst thing a man can do at a football club?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Just took a gander on the dark side and **** me the Beauty's on there you'd swear jazz had killed someone
    I know I shouldn't have looked, but dear God! You'd like to think that some of them are joking, but you honestly don't know whether to laugh or cry at the comments on there.

The lads a Jack,doesn't want to do the Ayatollah?
    Shouldn't be wearing a Cardifff city top.End off.
    Some of the comments on here smack of "it's only a colour "

If he wasn't a Jack it wouldn't have the same significance,agreed..

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post

Yep he shouldn't have signed for us. Ayatollah has long had its day but a new player is obliged to do it to show loyalty. If he can't do that??

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Yep he shouldn't have signed for us. Ayatollah has long had its day but a new player is obliged to do it to show loyalty. If he can't do that??
    ^^^ agreed

Never liked the ayatollah myself and yes it's unique to us probably because it's shite (unlike the poznan etc).
    That said it is a show of loyalty and if he did refuse it then it's a show of disdain to all our supporters but especially Croesy

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Basically everything that's written is true, he repeatedly ignored the request, he wasn't deaf, or at the other end, or concentrating. He just chose to ignore it.

It also true that he did a quick, stealth version when waiting for a corner, it's also true that the majority of City fans will have missed it.

He had a chance to make amends, as he was the last player off the pitch but ignored the request again. He knew what he was doing.

On the way out of the ground it was the major (only) talking point.

My opinion. He's signed for City because he wants to be closer to Swansea. He's got no affinity to City. His signing is a mistake.

His performance was poor (only rivalled by Fred). He did zero on the pitch to redeem his actions.

This board is languishing behind AA's board on this topic.

It wouldn't have taken much to do it, would have been easier to do it than not & guaranteed his bond with the fans whereas now he has to suffer a backlash.

It plainly means a lot to some City fans, and that I respect, so he really has as they say peed on his chips unnecessarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    This board is languishing behind AA's board on this topic.

It wouldn't have taken much to do it, would have been easier to do it than not & guaranteed his bond with the fans whereas now he has to suffer a backlash.

It plainly means a lot to some City fans, and that I respect, so he really has as they say peed on his chips unnecessarily.
    The reason it's languishing behind is that AA board love anything negative and take great pleasure sticking the knife in.

I'm still hoping he didn't hear the chants because otherwise it seems a bit of a silly thing to do and will mean his performances get scrutinised much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I'm still hoping he didn't hear the chants because otherwise it seems a bit of a silly thing to do and will mean his performances get scrutinised much more.
    I'm hoping at the very least he pretends he didn't hear them in hindsight because otherwise his City career is over before it began!

"One fan, Carl Curtis, who helped organise transport for the 1,700 hardcore Cardiff supporters who travelled to St Andrews for the first match of the season, wrote on the Cardiff City forum he helps run: "I am at the game and this is absolutely true. In fact, it is now seven times [Richards has been asked to do the Ayatollah].

"If Lex Immers and Lee Peltier hadn't pointed it out to him then I would have given him the benefit of the doubt but he heard it and refused. No wonder we all booed him."

For ****s sake!

Awww Daddy's special little helper.

Was at the game and did not see him do it.

If it is because of his Swansea roots how does he cope wearing our shirt and badge?

The lad should have done it once and the matter would have been resolved

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    ^^^ agreed

Never liked the ayatollah myself and yes it's unique to us probably because it's shite (unlike the poznan etc).
    That said it is a show of loyalty and if he did refuse it then it's a show of disdain to all our supporters but especially Croesy
    Yeah Poznan is really great

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post

Well said - if VT hadn't done it!!!!!!!!

Some say he did it some say he didn't.

As a new player if you like it or not it the ayatollah "MUST HE DONE"

I'm sure he'll do it at the first home game of the season and it'll be and end of the matter and people can then moan how shit a defender he is

Quote Originally Posted by DP1 View Post
    Was at the game and did not see him do it.

If it is because of his Swansea roots how does he cope wearing our shirt and badge?

The lad should have done it once and the matter would have been resolved

He did do it once (if not twice).

The matter is still not resolved.

Some people didn't see it. Some others who did decided it was a sneaky or grudging ayatollah and that made it a bigger crime!

He ignored calls for him to do it walking off at the end - but by then he's had over an hour of his own 'fans' booing him and calling him a Jack bastard. He might have been a bit pissed off!

I hope he makes a point of tapping his head at the next away game, that the lynch mob grow up, and we can concentrate on the football.

What a ridiculous storm in a teacup.

But on the other hand, it is bringing back amusing memories of Vukic totally messing up his ayatollah.

"Someone tell him what to do!"

"One fan, Carl Curtis, who helped organise transport for the 1,700 hardcore Cardiff supporters who travelled to St Andrews for the first match of the season, wrote on the Cardiff City forum he helps run: "I am at the game and this is absolutely true. In fact, it is now seven times [Richards has been asked to do the Ayatollah].

"If Lex Immers and Lee Peltier hadn't pointed it out to him then I would have given him the benefit of the doubt but he heard it and refused. No wonder we all booed him."

For ****s sake!
    Well that's clearly bollocks as he was watching his beloved Glasgow Rangers in their first game back in the Scottish top flight