+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: #Cityasone - unless your name is Jazz Richards

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: #Cityasone - unless your name is Jazz Richards

You got to love Some of our fans fair play

Wales Online are a bit late with their take on today's sensational developments.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...jazz-11714867?

Primary School playground thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Wales Online are a bit late with their take on today's sensational developments.

"One fan, Carl Curtis, who helped organise transport for the 1,700 hardcore Cardiff supporters who travelled to St Andrews for the first match of the season, wrote on the Cardiff City forum he helps run: "I am at the game and this is absolutely true. In fact, it is now seven times [Richards has been asked to do the Ayatollah].

"If Lex Immers and Lee Peltier hadn't pointed it out to him then I would have given him the benefit of the doubt but he heard it and refused. No wonder we all booed him."

For ****s sake!

There really is a bunch of idiots on here. Why don't you all just come clean and admit that you dont like Richards because he has played for Swansea. It has absolutely nothing to do with how he played today or whether he slapped his own head with his hands. We got a good point today and Richards played his part. We are already one point up on last seasons results. In my book booing your own teams players is much worse than refusing to do the ayatollah.

Anyway to those who did go , and were intensely watching every bodily movement of our players , how did the city play under our new manager.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Anyway to those who did go , and were intensely watching every bodily movement of our players , how did the city play under our new manager.
    That doesn't seem to matter because jazz didn't tap his head

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Thought we did well. Movement was decent, we got the ball down and used the width across the park. Think Fred could be a decent acquisition (perhaps more of a target/nuisance than a 20 goal striker though). We are desperate for another striker (if not 2). Hopefully moving some of the dead wood (plus Fabio) out over the next week or so, will give us the flexibility to go and get the players we want in the market without compromising our FFP position. I just hope that previous managers don't continue to screw us over, because of their inadequate signings and OTT wages given out to average players. Ultimately if we cant get rid of some of them, then we are going to struggle to recruit what we need.

There's a clear plan and whilst early days we seem to have an identity, so with a full squad of players that Trollope wants, I think we can certainly finish top 6.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    "One fan, Carl Curtis, who helped organise transport for the 1,700 hardcore Cardiff supporters who travelled to St Andrews for the first match of the season, wrote on the Cardiff City forum he helps run: "I am at the game and this is absolutely true. In fact, it is now seven times [Richards has been asked to do the Ayatollah].

"If Lex Immers and Lee Peltier hadn't pointed it out to him then I would have given him the benefit of the doubt but he heard it and refused. No wonder we all booed him."

For ****s sake!

Awww Daddy's special little helper.

For ****s sake!
    Well that's clearly bollocks as he was watching his beloved Glasgow Rangers in their first game back in the Scottish top flight

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

I just don't understand some fans , next thing we will get ,the player feels unwanted , has a dip in form or confidence, fans then saying what a crap buy.

He is a young developing player , bloody let him do that ,and shame on you WOL, for reading Tittle tattle and publishing that to a broader fan base , WOL is an appalling newspaper who have no real content to offer Cardiff fans, thank god we have people like Paul writing and reporting factual and well meaning football matters.

Grrrrrh.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Basically everything that's written is true, he repeatedly ignored the request, he wasn't deaf, or at the other end, or concentrating. He just chose to ignore it.

It also true that he did a quick, stealth version when waiting for a corner, it's also true that the majority of City fans will have missed it.

He had a chance to make amends, as he was the last player off the pitch but ignored the request again. He knew what he was doing.
    So now we're critiquing his Ayatollah, really?!

He either did it or he didn't.

I don't personally think he was aware. We'll soon see next week, although I'm sure when does it, itll be claimed it's because he's been told to.

My impression was that he was unaware of the requests rather than refusing to acknowledge it. He did do it in the second half. I did tweet about it but it wasn't having a go, more highlighting the gallows humour.

For ****s sake!
    Makes it sound like he organised transport for the whole away section

Was at the game and did not see him do it.

If it is because of his Swansea roots how does he cope wearing our shirt and badge?

The lad should have done it once and the matter would have been resolved

Quote Originally Posted by DP1 View Post
    Was at the game and did not see him do it.

If it is because of his Swansea roots how does he cope wearing our shirt and badge?

The lad should have done it once and the matter would have been resolved

He did do it once (if not twice).

The matter is still not resolved.

Some people didn't see it. Some others who did decided it was a sneaky or grudging ayatollah and that made it a bigger crime!

He ignored calls for him to do it walking off at the end - but by then he's had over an hour of his own 'fans' booing him and calling him a Jack bastard. He might have been a bit pissed off!

I hope he makes a point of tapping his head at the next away game, that the lynch mob grow up, and we can concentrate on the football.

This is outrageous, egregious, preposterous

On no wait.

It isn't.

Bit stupid from him not to do it if I'm honest, just gives fans another stick to beat him with if he's in a poor patch of form

If he's doing it out of some loyalty to Swansea, why sign for their biggest rivals in the first place?

I'm amazed how many childish **** wits we have as fans

Quote Originally Posted by I'll give you the Malky!! View Post
    If he's trying to prove a point it certainly is not going to improve the atmosphere
    If you are a new Cardiff player - and particularly if there's a Swansea connection - when the crowd asks you to do the Ayatollah, you pat your head a bit and it's job done.

All of this is completely unnecessary. If he didn't do it because he wanted to concentrate, well actually he's caused a whole load of distraction.

Obviously grown men patting their head is a bit stupid - but so is running around booting a bit of leather into a net. It's part of our tradition.

He might well have friends in Swansea and all that but it's CCFC paying his wages now. There are many things we don't want to do in our jobs or think are a bit daft - but you do it and move on.

So if a former city player joined the jacks and did the swim away, you'd be ok with that?

The whole thing is daft IMHO, but yes traditional. I'm all for asking a player to do it if he's coming on/going off, but while he's in the middle of concentrating on his game, it's just plain stupid.

So if a former city player joined the jacks and did the swim away, you'd be ok with that?

The whole thing is daft IMHO, but yes traditional. I'm all for asking a player to do it if he's coming on/going off, but while he's in the middle of concentrating on his game, it's just plain stupid.
    Slightly different. Swim away is taking the piss out of Cardiff fans the ayatollah isn't taking the piss out of the jacks.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Slightly different. Swim away is taking the piss out of Cardiff fans the ayatollah isn't taking the piss out of the jacks.
    Einstein got **** all on you

Just took a gander on the dark side and **** me the Beauty's on there you'd swear jazz had killed someone

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Just took a gander on the dark side and **** me the Beauty's on there you'd swear jazz had killed someone
    I know I shouldn't have looked, but dear God! You'd like to think that some of them are joking, but you honestly don't know whether to laugh or cry at the comments on there.