+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: City or Glammy?

City or Glammy?

Both £10 tickets. How many have we sold for Rovers? They've opened the Grandstand at the Swalec and are expecting a record crowd. Shame they are on the same night.

Re: City or Glammy?

Well, Vince Alm is "stunned" by the low ticket sales for Thursday night's match - not sure why, there are City fans going to go to the Glamorgan game, there'll be plenty who will be flicking between the channels to watch as much of both matches as they can and there are some of us who find it hard enough to get the money together to get to every home fixture, let alone away ones.

It's a bit rich to question why more tickets aren't being sold for our second away match in five days after an impressive 1,800 went to Birmingham to support the side in the first of them - I would have thought that the huge majority of those who could only afford to attend one of the matches would have opted for the Championship fixture.
    Last edited by the other bob wilson; 09-08-16 at 05:15.

In terms of cost Bob it could hardly be cheaper, £10 for adults and £1 for kids, very short trip, and new ground for most.

Unfortunately the League Cup now holds little interest for many after seeing City beaten by a succession of small clubs over the years with fringe players.
    It's also on TV and being a midweek then for most it's easier to get home, have some tea and watch TV than it is to get an early finish and then rush over to Bristol.

I love cricket, but am going to watch City.

I still think we will be near our 1000 allocation, there was 500 sold on last Tuesday and I hadn't got mine by then, pure guess but I'd expect a few hundred more to have gone by now.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Well, Vince Alm is "stunned" by the low ticket sales for Thursday night's match - not sure why, there are City fans going to go to the Glamorgan game, there'll be plenty who will be flicking between the channels to watch as much of both matches as they can and there are some of us who find it hard enough to get the money together to get to every home fixture, let alone away ones.

It's a bit rich to question why more tickets aren't being sold for our second away match in five days after an impressive 1,800 went to Birmingham to support the side in the first of them - I would have thought that the huge majority of those who could only afford to attend one of the matches would have opted for the Championship fixture.
    I'm not sure why there is a fuss. For those who will go or may go, there is no rush at all to buy tickets days in advance and I am sure there will be reasonable sales through this week.

For those who don't, it's entirely understandable for many reasons - it's on tv, it's Thursday night, it's that thingy cup, we likely won't play half our first team, it still costs getting over the bridge even if match ticket is £10, people are on holidays and travelling even if ticket is cheap and, let's not forget, it's sandwiched between two hugely popular (and bigger) away trips in Birmingham and Fulham. The cost of doing all three is very significant. If you're going to miss one, it will be Bristol.

Personally and without hesitation, I will be at the cricket. Good Luck to City but I don't feel the need to always be there anymore and Glammy's T20 quarter final is the bigger game in context.
    Last edited by NigelBlues; 09-08-16 at 06:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    In terms of cost Bob it could hardly be cheaper, £10 for adults and £1 for kids, very short trip, and new ground for most.

Unfortunately the League Cup now holds little interest for many after seeing City beaten by a succession of small clubs over the years with fringe players.
    It's also on TV and being a midweek then for most it's easier to get home, have some tea and watch TV than it is to get an early finish and then rush over to Bristol.

I love cricket, but am going to watch City.

I still think we will be near our 1000 allocation, there was 500 sold on last Tuesday and I hadn't got mine by then, pure guess but I'd expect a few hundred more to have gone by now.
    I booked the bus , forgot to order my tickets though.
    Have been wondering if we might sell out. As long as its after I have mine.

Going to neither. Will be switching between them on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by شهرستان کاردیف View Post
    Going to neither. Will be switching between them on tv.
    THIS^^^^

The official statement about no (street) parking available doesn't help. That area is a mare already because of the permit parking around the ground, if you know that their going to be monitoring it, it makes you think twice.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

That sort of attitude from Vince Alm really irritates me. It's not unique to him, but many of these people who travel home, away and across Europe supporting club and country either have the finances to do it, or don't have the other ties that prevent others from doing it.

The Cardiff game is on TV. It is likely to feature a second string eleven. He thinks that people should be getting excited for a "derby" against a club Cardiff haven't played for a while. Even if the tickets are just a tenner, it costs time, and petrol money to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Both £10 tickets. How many have we sold for Rovers? They've opened the Grandstand at the Swalec and are expecting a record crowd. Shame they are on the same night.
    Glammy on this occasion .

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    That sort of attitude from Vince Alm really irritates me. It's not unique to him, but many of these people who travel home, away and across Europe supporting club and country either have the finances to do it, or don't have the other ties that prevent others from doing it.

The Cardiff game is on TV. It is likely to feature a second string eleven. He thinks that people should be getting excited for a "derby" against a club Cardiff haven't played for a while. Even if the tickets are just a tenner, it costs time, and petrol money to get there.
    And their are those who over 60 who find away and some home evening games a lot to commit to , life is about choice , based on entertainment, affordability, circumstances .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    And their are those who over 60 who find away and some home evening games a lot to commit to , life is about choice , based on entertainment, affordability, circumstances .
    Think you have to be over sixty to like cricket.

I kind of agree with you. Vince is of an age where he probably has less commitments with kids etc than some.

Me and my missus both hold down full time jobs so are relying on others for child care etc.

I can't very well ask for extra help with the kids while I **** off to Bristol after they've had them all day!

800 gone now.
    As expected.
    By the way so don't think Vince is having a go st anyone, just expressing the same surprise that many others have, that we didn't sell out our allocation quickly.

With less than 200 left we won't be far off come Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    The official statement about no (street) parking available doesn't help. That area is a mare already because of the permit parking around the ground, if you know that their going to be monitoring it, it makes you think twice.
    + we were told that there are no trains back to Cardiff, ++ there is double Emmerdale on a Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I was told the parking would be a nightmare , leaving my car and catching the bus with Dibbs. Got a fair bit to travel once the bus gets back in Cardiff but seemed like a better option.

We took 88 to Bristol Rovers for an Autoglass Trophy tie in 1993. I turned up a bit late (my missus had a baby or something). As I walked up to the away turnstiles there were a few stewards and one shouted at me "you got ticket number 53?", I checked my ticket and it was number 53 which threw me. He wasn't Dynamo's dad though, he said we'd only sold 88 tickets and 87 had been handed in so while they were waiting for me to turn up they'd sorted them all out to see which number was missing.

Hate Cricket and don't have much interest in the Rovers game.

Will probably watch the Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    We took 88 to Bristol Rovers for an Autoglass Trophy tie in 1993. I turned up a bit late (my missus had a baby or something). As I walked up to the away turnstiles there were a few stewards and one shouted at me "you got ticket number 53?", I checked my ticket and it was number 53 which threw me. He wasn't Dynamo's dad though, he said we'd only sold 88 tickets and 87 had been handed in so while they were waiting for me to turn up they'd sorted them all out to see which number was missing.
    What a great novel of Tolkien proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    800 gone now.
    As expected.
    By the way so don't think Vince is having a go st anyone, just expressing the same surprise that many others have, that we didn't sell out our allocation quickly.

With less than 200 left we won't be far off come Thursday
    See, now you're at it ffs!!

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    What a great novel of Tolkien proportions.
    Thank you, I am available for after-dinner speaking if you're interested. I remember that night because it had only been a few months earlier that we'd had five-figure crowds at Ninian Park and taken up three sides of the ground at Scunthorpe. A short while into the new season and bored stewards were hand-counting our tickets for a local derby. Down to earth with a bang.

The test match last week was proper cricket. T20 is for the midweek leagues.

I wish they'd bring back the Sunday league.

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    The test match last week was proper cricket. T20 is for the midweek leagues.

I wish they'd bring back the Sunday league.
    With Jim Laker doing commentary

Vince probably isn't stunned at all, I'd say it's more like ***** shit stirring. He's got the most to say about our support lately considering he's moved to Spain.
    Last edited by Phill Stants brother; 09-08-16 at 15:17.