+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Slade watch

Re: Slade watch

"Sometimes names circulate and they come up again"

Yes, that tends to happen until free agents find a club Russell.

SLADE OUT!

I'm not quite sure how this window malarkey works but I think I'm right in saying this late turn of events by Slade will allow for the Sanchez deal to be resurrected.

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    Russell Slade leaves it late to sign Martyn Woolford

Russell Slade said: “We are really pleased. He was trialing at a couple of League One clubs.

“We are delighted that we have got him. He has got vast experience with over 400 games under his belt at a higher level.

“He is very fit and always has been. We are very pleased that we have got him at the last-minute.”

Slade told the Grimsby Telegraph earlier in the day “I’ve often done something late in the window.

“It’s interesting because, sometimes, those names that you couldn’t get earlier in the window may circulate themselves and come up again

“Sometimes, if you are patient you get the one that you desired in the first place.

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sp...eadline-404072
    Slade thinks he's fit, he desires him but he's gotten around flirting with all the clubs going who've all found better lookers and Slades cum in sloppy seconds just as the nightclub shuts.

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    Slade thinks he's fit, he desires him but he's gotten around flirting with all the clubs going who've all found better lookers and Slades cum in sloppy seconds just as the nightclub shuts.
    Well on that note I'm off to bed I just hope I don't dream of Sloppy Slade

I don't get how Slade gets so much attention even now! he was a shit manager and has been found out all the way to the bottom of league 2!

I have wished bad upon his career , but even I have lost all energy relating to this fat bstard lol

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    I don't get how Slade gets so much attention even now! he was a shit manager and has been found out all the way to the bottom of league 2!

I have wished bad upon his career , but even I have lost all energy relating to this fat bstard lol
    You might get this energy back as soon as Tandy turns up.

Mansfield 4 Grimsby 1

Oh dear

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Mansfield 4 Grimsby 1

Oh dear

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post

Slide is certainly heading towards his true level as a football manager.

I was watching the under 16 game of the club I coach at in Barry-Barry Athletic,they were playing Penarth Town on Wednesday night.At half time I said to my mate,hark at Russell Slade there giving advice to those 3 lads,half joking.But as I listened a bit more I recognised his dulcet tones and realised it was our Russell.I can only imagine his son was playing, but was surprised he still had links in this area considering he has moved around quite a bit spreading his aimless long ball gospel far and wide.The game ended 2-2.

Seems the natives are getting restless at Grimsby;-

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sp...ns-lack-632610

I see Slade didn't want to"over commit" at home to eighteenth in the table Crawley.

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sp...lundell-630960

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

I see Slade didn't want to"over commit" at home to eighteenth in the table Crawley.

It amazes me how long this witch hunt has persisted. Slade came in, did a job to cut the wage bill, and the club finished in the top 8.

Can't quite understand the hate.

Really, really don't get the continued Slade hate / mockery.

It's like the ex where you knew the relationship was over and clearly had to end, but you want to keep slagging her off for whatever reason which clouds your view.

He was here to do a job - trim the squad, balance the books, keep us in the division. He did that - was it Barcelona-esque? Of course not, but it worked. Wouldn't have taken us up but stabilised us.

Perfect manager for us now? Obviously not. He was what we needed at that time to give a base to move on from.

Good luck to the guy.

Slade OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Really, really don't get the continued Slade hate / mockery.

It's like the ex where you knew the relationship was over and clearly had to end, but you want to keep slagging her off for whatever reason which clouds your view.

He was here to do a job - trim the squad, balance the books, keep us in the division. He did that - was it Barcelona-esque? Of course not, but it worked. Wouldn't have taken us up but stabilised us.

Perfect manager for us now? Obviously not. He was what we needed at that time to give a base to move on from.

Good luck to the guy.
    Having had to suffer his brand of football for almost two seasons (14/15 was probably the most boring season I've watched us play), I'll always follow his career and eagerly record when his mogadon football is pissing off supporters of whoever employs him. Fair play to him, eighth wasn't a bad finish in 15/16, but he undid so much of his good work when, in the penultimate, absolutely must win, game of that season, he sent out his side to "stay in the game".

It's just a bit of fun, but i think it stems from him being passed off as a proper manager who was supposed to be here long term.

Everyone assumes he was here to steady the ship, blah, blah, blah. But was that his mandate from Tan? Tan used to act like Russ was the real deal, and to paraphrase a "much better manager than Malky".

“We didn’t want to over commit, or under commit” WTF?!?!?

He also makes beating Port Vale away sound like a victory for David v Goliath

Having had to suffer his brand of football for almost two seasons (14/15 was probably the most boring season I've watched us play), I'll always follow his career and eagerly record when his mogadon football is pissing off supporters of whoever employs him. Fair play to him, eighth wasn't a bad finish in 15/16, but he undid so much of his good work when, in the penultimate, absolutely must win, game of that season, he sent out his side to "stay in the game".
    We finished 8th in spite of him not because of him.

We still had a squad of good players in both his seasons here regardless of the squad trimming.

It needed trimming we had 30 - 40 senior players starting the season under Ole so even after trimming we still had a good squad of players.

As for his remit being to keep us in the division? What a load of total and utter bollocks. We were never in danger of being relegated he took over when we were mid table.

Much like Slade himself I’m sure some people think he took over Blackpool that season not Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    It amazes me how long this witch hunt has persisted. Slade came in, did a job to cut the wage bill, and the club finished in the top 8.

Can't quite understand the hate.
    Did you see a game when Slade was in charge? I saw about fifty of them and felt I had been entertained twice, maybe three times.

Keep up the good work Bob.

For the sake of football fans all across the country he needs to be driven out of the game.

Slade is a fraud. Spread the word.

Mid table, league 2, no pot to piss in.

Hoping for a great deal better is nice, but living in reality...

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Mid table, league 2, no pot to piss in.

Hoping for a great deal better is nice, but living in reality...
    Not got a pot to piss in. Like most clubs in league 2 then.

Hoping for your team to attack at home to a team struggling at the wrong end of the table. How unrealistic of them. What a deluded bunch.