+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Slade watch

Re: Slade watch

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Not got a pot to piss in. Like most clubs in league 2 then.

Hoping for your team to attack at home to a team struggling at the wrong end of the table. How unrealistic of them. What a deluded bunch.
    Oh please, your hatred of Slade is worse than your grip on reality.

He's making them difficult to beat. Any team in that division would want to be in that position, picking up points.

A cursory view of Crawley's season would show that team "struggling at the wrong end of the table" have 11 pts out of 21 away. Won one, lose five at home.

Now, you don't have to be Stephen Hawking to grasp the evidence indicates that they are where they are due to their home form and appear to be decent away from home.

Still, should have just played 1 at the back and 9 strikers I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Oh please, your hatred of Slade is worse than your grip on reality.

He's making them difficult to beat. Any team in that division would want to be in that position, picking up points.

A cursory view of Crawley's season would show that team "struggling at the wrong end of the table" have 11 pts out of 21 away. Won one, lose five at home.

Now, you don't have to be Stephen Hawking to grasp the evidence indicates that they are where they are due to their home form and appear to be decent away from home.

Still, should have just played 1 at the back and 9 strikers I guess.
    Any team in that division would want to be in that position? What 12th?!?!?

And you say I haven’t got a grip on reality!?!? Hahaha

Your dad would be proud of your excuse making Young Russell.

Any team in that division would want to be in that position? What 12th?!?!?

And you say I haven’t got a grip on reality!?!? Hahaha

Your dad would be proud of your excuse making Young Russell.
    Well, if you can think of sides in that division that would hate 1 loss in 7, go for it.

Nice to see you failed to reply to the evidence provided about Crawley. You'd go gung ho against a side good away from home...

Never catch a falling knife.

Don't look up if someone shouts "LOOKOUT"

Well, if you can think of sides in that division that would hate 1 loss in 7, go for it.

Nice to see you failed to reply to the evidence provided about Crawley. You'd go gung ho against a side good away from home...
    1 loss in 7. Big deal. 3 wins in 8, 4 wins in 10. 1 won in 5. There’s plenty of sample sizes that don’t show them ina great light. Slade thinks supporters are stupid when he comes out with these random sample sizes to suit his pathetic excuses.

I can think of plenty of sides on the division who would want more than 12 points in 24, or 6 points out of 15. The envy of the division they are not.
    Also, they are not that hard to beat they’ve lost 38% of their games.

As for Crawley, what evidence? They’ve won 3 out of 7 away games and are 8th in the away table they are hardly the Manchester City of league 2?!?!

There’s a difference between going gung ho and at least trying to win a home game.

Perhaps as Harry Kewell was the manager and Crawley play in red, Slade was preparing for Liverpool coming to town.

The evidence re Crawley is simply put that they are clearly a far better counter attacking side away from home than the league position indicates. Anyone with an ounce of sense would thus realise you've got to be aware of that and not fully commit.

You seem to think I'm glorifying Slade as Guardiola-esque.

I'm not. I'm just saying he's not as bad as he's painted. We've had far worse managers.

The evidence re Crawley is simply put that they are clearly a far better counter attacking side away from home than the league position indicates. Anyone with an ounce of sense would thus realise you've got to be aware of that and not fully commit.

You seem to think I'm glorifying Slade as Guardiola-esque.

I'm not. I'm just saying he's not as bad as he's painted. We've had far worse managers.
    How do you know that’s how they play? Watch a lot of Crawley do you?

Anyone with an ounce of sense wouldn’t make assumptions based on their results alone. Which even though they are better than their home ones are still not fantastic?!?

Youre making Crawley sound like they could dish out a Man City style punishment if Grimsby dare commit a few men forward ffs.

Third draw, and second 0-0 on the trot at home for Grimsby and they’ve only won 2 of 7 league games on their own patch. The fans are pissed off with this negativity at home and as one fan put it “Even if we scored the pen and won it would still be boring as ****”
    You can find many threads and posts like that on Cardiff, Coventry and Charlton forums in recent years.

By your reckoning perhaps all these many fans of different clubs are not living in the real world, or maybe, just maybe Slade is the common denominator and supporters won’t be mugged off with his anti football.

And you watch a lot of Crawley too?

All fans moan, "home" fans are always more critical. Christ, we had our second loss of the league season the other night and for some the sky had fallen in.

Again, Slade isn't a great manager. He's not the worst manager we had either. His style of play is to grind results. We know that, it's not unexpected. Those same fans would also be complaining if he set out to be as attacking as Jones with Bothroyd and Chopra in their prime and lost games. It's what fans do.

He joined Coventry with them 23rd in the division, fans protesting about the board. Charlton was a massive cluster**** behind the scenes at the time. For a poor manager he seems to get plenty of jobs - chairmen know he's someone who works with little budget, seemingly wanting someone to firefight.

Does that make him a poor manager, an Alan Durban or someone getting those difficult roles at troubled clubs which would thus lead to poor results? We know he's no Warnock... but he's no Durban either.

You’re boring me as much as Slades football now. You’ve got nearly as many excuses as him too!!!!

See you at 5pm Saturday for another Slade update

Reading up on Grimsby, seems Bignot had similar results - was fired for not cutting the squad size down. Slade was hired for that... sounds very familiar. Grimsby 14th last season, 12th now. Not pretty but stabilising them in mid table whilst cutting wage bill, which is what I suspect their board would appreciate.

You’re boring me as much as Slades football now. You’ve got nearly as many excuses as him too!!!!

No excuses whatsoever. Just find it very odd he gets pilloried by so many when we've had far worse managers.

Reading up on Grimsby, seems Bignot had similar results - was fired for not cutting the squad size down. Slade was hired for that... sounds very familiar. Grimsby 14th last season, 12th now. Not pretty but stabilising them in mid table whilst cutting wage bill, which is what I suspect their board would appreciate.
    Where did you read this then? Because their official statement said they wanted to build on the previous seasons promotion? Bignot had taken them from 8th to 14th and had upset the dressing room.
    He told key players from the previous season that they were no longer wanted and other players were refusing to sign new deals until they knew if he was still going to be there for the next season. So in other words a dressing room revolt rather than a cost cutting exercise.

You’ve got more excuses than Slade fair play.

No excuses whatsoever. Just find it very odd he gets pilloried by so many when we've had far worse managers.
    Not in my 26 years we haven’t. The most unlikeable manager since Bobby Gould.

Couldn’t comment on Durban, before my time. Did he try pissing down supporters back and tell them it’s raining?

I never hated Slade personally just the style of football his sides churned out

I've never left so many games at HT (and in some cases before HT) as when Slade was at the helm.

Make of that what you will.

He just doesn't have enough charisma. He is an easy person to dislike. Will follow him all through his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I never hated Slade personally just the style of football his sides churned out
    This.

To be fair to the bloke, he was asked to do a job and he did it pretty well, above expectations probably.

The only problem was that entertaining the fans and playing good football wasn't part of the job description.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I dont understand it either. Given the cards he was dealt finishing in the top 8 will be one of his career greats.

He was a nice guy and I dont think you become a professional football manager for a number of years if you are bad at your job (he never quite mastered the art of attacking or entertaining football). I'd love to see some stats of other managers.

He wasnt up to the job with us after the first season and the football on offer was dire to watch, but he did the job that was asked of him (as well as putting most of the crowd to sleep)....

From the Grimsby Telegraph "Grimsby Town made it just one defeat in seven games with a 0-0 home draw against Crawley on Saturday - but the uninspiring display brought boos from sections of the home support."

That could be any of his teams, I watched many of his 0-0 draws, and it was dire to watch
    Last six games: w1 d3 l2 f5 a6 - sounds as exciting as the great man himself.

Grimsby telegraph sounds about as accurate as the South Wales echo.

Your standards are slipping old bean.

They're away at Cheltenham tonight in a titanic mid table must see extravaganza.

A win could see them potentially soar up to 9th place.

That'll silence the doubters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Your standards are slipping old bean.

They're away at Cheltenham tonight in a titanic mid table must see extravaganza.

A win could see them potentially soar up to 9th place.

That'll silence the doubters.
    So it appears. I’m sure Slade will have a game plan to stifle the Barcelona of the Cotswolds.

See you all at 10pm tonight then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Last six games: w1 d3 l2 f5 a6 - sounds as exciting as the great man himself.

Grimsby telegraph sounds about as accurate as the South Wales echo.
    You’ve had a mare here son

Unless your counting the cup games?

You’ve had a mare here son

Unless your counting the cup games?
    Of course.

Cup games count.

Especially when Slade loses and it makes his record look even worse.

Good 3-2 away win for Russ and his disciples tonight.

Perhaps we disposed of him prematurely?

lol..

So it appears. I’m sure Slade will have a game plan to stifle the Barcelona of the Cotswolds.

See you all at 10pm tonight then.
    Up to 11th now.

Just caught his post match interview on sky sports news.

Sky: a good away win there. You must be delighted with the three points?

Russ: tell Hartley to stick that up his scrawny old arse. Goodnight.