+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Slade watch

Re: Slade watch

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Another blank, another defeat for Slades charges, this time a 0-2 reverse at home to lowly Morecambe.

Grimsby fans have had enough. This chap offered Russell a way out yesterday:

https://twitter.com/fredlumby93/stat...28096801968129
    He’s been found out once again. Give up Russ ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill Stants brother View Post
    He’s been found out once again. Give up Russ ffs.
    He says they need to find different ways to win. He might want to start by finding a way to win, never mind different ways!!!!

Another blank, another defeat for Slades charges, this time a 0-2 reverse at home to lowly Morecambe.

Grimsby fans have had enough. This chap offered Russell a way out yesterday:

https://twitter.com/fredlumby93/stat...28096801968129

I thought the latest post here was going to be "Our dugout"

Russell Slade.

Football manager. Teacher. Builder.

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sp...ck-fix-1051658

Russ the builder

Can he fix it?

Can he ****!

Builder? Expect a knock at the door to tell you that a slate is loose on your roof and he can sort it out cheap like. It will be a lower quality slate that won't fit in with the rest of the slates that you have got and it will piss you off every time you look at it. Eventually you will give it away for free to you're neighbour.

"Ok Mr Slade ,Prove me wrong and start building a team that passes a ball along the ground and fights in all areas of the field to regain the ball if loosing possesion instead of letting their heads drop and then playing deep and looking afraid of recieving the ball the ball as noone is moving.STOP this hoofball and build from the back USING the midfield rather than bypassing them,We have some decent players,So get them playing as a team again,If you cant Pack your bags and GO.UTM"

"The more I read this article the more it confuses me . Here we have the manager saying he's a builder not a quick fixer .*

Last season our first back in the league we finished a respectable 14th , with 62 points , only 8 points off the play offs . So how did the manager build on this ? He released half the squad , including fans favourites who were an integral part of promotion and signed 7/8 poor quality journeyman recommended by agents.*

If this isn't a quick fix , what is ?*

The board also stated the need to reshape the squad with quality rather than quantity , but who signed an abundance of poor players in the summer ?

It truly seems like the lunatics are running the asylum !"

It's not looking good for Russ, is it? another defeat for Grimsby

Newport County moved to within two points of the League Two play-offs as Russell Slade's Grimsby stayed winless in their last six League Two games.

Grimsby down to 17th

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.gri...de-1061197.amp

Russ thinks they were the better side

From a Grimsby fan
    "Here's a message for you Russ.... there's a road out of town.... most folk here would love you to take it.... but you probably want to squeeze the last penny and life out of our club... the one that means so much to us... it's blatantly obvious now that you couldn't care less and just want your own comforts... oh... I'd best say allegedly... just in case... but I for one will be glad when you've left ( again.... ) "

10 points off play offs, 10 points clear of relegation. Which way is the cookie going to crumble for Super Russ?

10 points off play offs, 10 points clear of relegation. Which way is the cookie going to crumble for Super Russ?
    This is obsession on a new level - I commend your enthusiasm

I followed slade to Charlton and Coventry but then lost all interest in him losing face since to me his career was done. When do you see this stopping? will you be at his funeral? lol..if you make it that far that is..

I had as much interest in caulker and whittingham failing, but I have dropped all interest in them too. It just gets boring after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post

I followed slade to Charlton and Coventry but then lost all interest in him losing face since to me his career was done. When do you see this stopping? will you be at his funeral? lol..if you make it that far that is..

I had as much interest in caulker and whittingham failing, but I have dropped all interest in them too. It just gets boring after a while.
    STFU Tandy

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post

Scott Johnson thinks he was a good manager so he must be cos Scott Johnson is the final authority

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Scott Johnson thinks he was a good manager so he must be cos Scott Johnson is the final authority
    Does he still have a regular piece in the Echo?

Does he still have a regular piece in the Echo?

I think so and he's always on Twitter speaking as if his opinion is fact. It gets on my tits

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I think so and he's always on Twitter speaking as if his opinion is fact. It gets on my tits
    He talks as much bollox as Slade.

A 1-0 reverse at home to Luton, the 4th home defeat on the bounce. Russ blamed it on bad luck. I say the bad luck is all for Grimsby fans having to put up with that f*ckwit.

9 games since the last victory, in which time theyve taken just 3 points out of a possible 27 and only scored a measly 3 goals.

Starting to edge closer to the relegation spots (9 points) although Comical Russ is still talking play offs (12 points).

A 1-0 reverse at home to Luton, the 4th home defeat on the bounce. Russ blamed it on bad luck. I say the bad luck is all for Grimsby fans having to put up with that f*ckwit.

9 games since the last victory, in which time theyve taken just 3 points out of a possible 27 and only scored a measly 3 goals.

Starting to edge closer to the relegation spots (9 points) although Comical Russ is still talking play offs (12 points).
    why is it that I cannot help but read your posts in a Victor Meldrew voice..

oh and don't take offense...I loved that program back when I was in my teens. I'm sure good ole Russ would be delighted to find he still has such a dedicated following if he were to peer into this deadbeat forum on the offchance

Slade's Grimsby currently 3 - 0 down at Yeovil and are playing with 9 men.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Slade's Grimsby currently 3 - 0 down at Yeovil and are playing with 9 men.
    Who said watching Slade’s football wasn’t entertaining?
    Certainly is if you’re a fan of the opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Who said watching Slade’s football wasn’t entertaining?
    Certainly is if you’re a fan of the opposition.
    Yeovil 12 fouls 0 bookings
    Grimsby 11 fouls 2 reds 2 yellows

That’s the type of stats we’re going to be having thanks to Peps and the media’s OTT reaction to Bennett’s tackle

Stealing a living that kent

They were the best team for the first 5 minutes. Sending off changed the game.