Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Slade watch

Re: Slade watch

Enterprising football

#deludedslade

Slade watch

Says he not making excuses but mentions them making changes twice yet they only made 3 changes and played a lot of senior players.

#deludedslade

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Slade watch

****ing plagiarist!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Midget View Post
    ****ing plagiarist!
    "Don't mention me"

Slade watch

Slade watch

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Says he not making excuses but mentions them making changes twice yet they only made 3 changes and played a lot of senior players.

#deludedslade
    Then he mentions confidence and hangs Ajose out to dry in one sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Russell Slade Q&A after defeat at Cheltenham

Question: Russell, a disappointing defeat here this evening?

Russell Slade: "Yes, we want to win football matches, I thought we set our stool out quite well early on, it was a decent cup tie.

"We made a few changes from Saturday, it was good to see the young lads come in for their debuts and it’s good experience for them. We created opportunities to get a goal tonight, but it wasn’t to be.

"Ezri was absolutely outstanding, very good for an 18-year-old at the back. It was a difficult game for him against on of the most robust strikers in the lower leagues and I thought he was magnificent. Going forwards, we’ve got a really good prospect."

You talked about the basics on Saturday, today's goal came from a long-throw so was it more of the same?

RS: "Yeah it’s frustrating for us that it was a long-throw tonight, we’ve spoken about this and worked on it and it's something we need to appreciate.

"Once again, it’s cost us a football match tonight."

Q: We saw a fair bit of possession, but do you think we created enough this evening?

RS: I just spoke to Nicky Ajose and he’s disappointed that he hasn’t put one away tonight.

"I thought we had chances to get a goal, but it’s about confidence and I felt we were snatching at chances to put one away."

Q: Not the ideal start to your Charlton career with two defeats?

RS: "No of course not, but it's a process. No one likes to talk about stability, we are trying to do that, and we will improve and get better.

"I thought, even tonight, that despite the changes there were some enterprising bits of play at times but can we improve? Yes, certainly. I’m not making excuses, we’ve lost two games."

Q: You talked about that transition of change, you mentioned potential signings over the weekend that haven’t happened, are the deals still on?

RS: "Very close. It’s not an issue, it happens. You want to get them done and sometimes they’re agreed and then changed and we have to wait.

"We waited for Rudd and Pearce and we got them so I feel very confident."

Q: Unfortunately, a player was supposedly in an argument with a fan after the game on Saturday, were you aware of this?

RS: "I heard there was something between a fan and Roger, I’ve spoke to him and said you can’t react and must focus on the game. He apologised and understood that."

Q: Was Ricky Holmes injured?

RS: "Yes, he felt his foot, I thought it was important that we got him off and saved his services for Saturday. I think he’ll be fine, but we’ll observe it in the coming days."

Q: Onto Saturday, how important is it that the fans are behind you?

RS: "Massive, we want to make it into a real fortress, but at the minute we are where we are, but there are facts that don’t help us.

"There is a great belief in the changing room about what we are doing, but it’s not coming out in the pitch. There are patches,when we move the ball quickly and there were parts of enterprising football that we need to build on."

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2...Hfw7DcbqIvt.99
    Surprised he didn't remind the interviewer what a really good side Cheltenham are and a 1-0 defeat to them is a step forward for Charlton.

Russell Slade: "Yes, we want to win football matches, I thought we set our stool out quite well early on, it was a decent cup tie.

"We made a few changes from Saturday, it was good to see the young lads come in for their debuts and it’s good experience for them. We created opportunities to get a goal tonight, but it wasn’t to be.

"Ezri was absolutely outstanding, very good for an 18-year-old at the back. It was a difficult game for him against on of the most robust strikers in the lower leagues and I thought he was magnificent. Going forwards, we’ve got a really good prospect."

You talked about the basics on Saturday, today's goal came from a long-throw so was it more of the same?

RS: "Yeah it’s frustrating for us that it was a long-throw tonight, we’ve spoken about this and worked on it and it's something we need to appreciate.

"Once again, it’s cost us a football match tonight."

Q: We saw a fair bit of possession, but do you think we created enough this evening?

RS: I just spoke to Nicky Ajose and he’s disappointed that he hasn’t put one away tonight.

"I thought we had chances to get a goal, but it’s about confidence and I felt we were snatching at chances to put one away."

Q: Not the ideal start to your Charlton career with two defeats?

RS: "No of course not, but it's a process. No one likes to talk about stability, we are trying to do that, and we will improve and get better.

"I thought, even tonight, that despite the changes there were some enterprising bits of play at times but can we improve? Yes, certainly. I’m not making excuses, we’ve lost two games."

Q: You talked about that transition of change, you mentioned potential signings over the weekend that haven’t happened, are the deals still on?

RS: "Very close. It’s not an issue, it happens. You want to get them done and sometimes they’re agreed and then changed and we have to wait.

"We waited for Rudd and Pearce and we got them so I feel very confident."

Q: Unfortunately, a player was supposedly in an argument with a fan after the game on Saturday, were you aware of this?

RS: "I heard there was something between a fan and Roger, I’ve spoke to him and said you can’t react and must focus on the game. He apologised and understood that."

Q: Was Ricky Holmes injured?

RS: "Yes, he felt his foot, I thought it was important that we got him off and saved his services for Saturday. I think he’ll be fine, but we’ll observe it in the coming days."

Q: Onto Saturday, how important is it that the fans are behind you?

RS: "Massive, we want to make it into a real fortress, but at the minute we are where we are, but there are facts that don’t help us.

"There is a great belief in the changing room about what we are doing, but it’s not coming out in the pitch. There are patches,when we move the ball quickly and there were parts of enterprising football that we need to build on."

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2...Hfw7DcbqIvt.99
    "Set our stool out"? I always think "set our stall out" sounds daft, but that sounds well urgghh - is it a collective stool from the team or what?

Anyway, all I can say is that we should expect to see Ezri Konsa and Brandon Hanlan winning full caps for their countries sometime this season because they must be special, special players if Russell Slade is picking them for his first team at just 18.

I felt cheated when I heard he was playing 18 year olds in a cup game.
    I am starting to feel sorry for Mr Hapless Slade.

Maybe he's just biding his time till he becomes the next Leeds manager.
    Which would be a beautiful thing..

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Maybe he's just biding his time till he becomes the next Leeds manager.
    Which would be a beautiful thing..

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Charlton losing 1-0 at Cheltenham
    Slade signs a striker, and not one who is member of a Rail Union !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36999711

I think Magennis should be okay at League 1 level.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Slade signs a striker, and not one who is member of a Rail Union !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36999711

I think Magennis should be okay at League 1 level.
    He'll probably put him back in goals where he used to play, but he'll probably expect him to score goals as well

He'll probably put him back in goals where he used to play, but he'll probably expect him to score goals as well
    ...and expect Charlton to play with ten men, because Magennis can therefore do the job of two men. Thus cutting Charlton's wage bill....Sorted lmao !

Just as well Tan didnt see him first.

Banned

Well earned point by Slade and his team could have been 3 points in the end.
    The Charlton fans seem to be happy with the signing of Josh Magennis.
    I'm sure you will all be pleased for Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    May I be first to say that I am excited and ecstatic for you. .. errr ... I mean for .. Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    You probably tried to convince the fans how much of scalp the mighty Northampton Town would have been and how privileged the fans are to welcome such a prestigious club to the valley!

On Magennis I think it's a decent signing, especially if you're looking for a target man.
    on a side note I honestly think we would have beaten Blackpool in the play offs if Dave Jones never released Magennis. He gave the Blackpool defence hell when we drew 1-1 in the league and when Bothroyd went off for Etuhu in the final it cost us the game.

If I remember rightly it was against Blackpool home in the league that he broke his leg?

Fancy Alex Revell scoring for the Cobblers

Fancy Alex Revell scoring for the Cobblers
    Fancy Alex Revell scoring.full stop

In the second half Charlton "serviced the box"

Russell Slade: "Yes, we want to win football matches, I thought we set our stool out quite well[early on, it was a decent cup tie.
    ]
    I was pleasantly surprised that Steve didn't include this in his Photoshop.

The guy must have some standards after all...