+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Nice gesture by Fabio.

Nice gesture by Fabio.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...city-11742144?

Best of luck to him at his new club.

Blue in the Face

Re: Nice gesture by Fabio.

Good luck Fabio! Always gave it everything. Hope he does really well for Boro

Banned

Every time he played for the Bluebirds he gave it his all a great player with an even better attitude. He was not good enough for us (according to some posters) but is good enough for the Premiership. Good luck to the guy I for one will miss him.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Every time he played for the Bluebirds he gave it his all a great player with an even better attitude. He was not good enough for us (according to some posters) but is good enough for the Premiership. Good luck to the guy I for one will miss him.
    I think the criticisms aren't unfair, but I agree very much with the sentiment of your post

It's a shame he had to leave

Fabio's comments:

"I would like to thank every single person on this club and city that welcomed me very well for almost 3 years.

"I had great moments in this city, happy memories, my second daughter was born here and it is with a lot of respect and admiration that I wrote this goodbye text.

"Thank you very much for all the people from the staff that were always wonderful and helped me out a lot during these years.

"And last and most important is my goodbye to our amazing supporters and fans, thank you so much for all the support over the years. I will never forget it!"

One of my favourite players at City, too good for us. Class act and player, wish him well.

I always try to give new signings the benefit of the doubt. However out of all OGS signings I was more annoyed than we had signed Fabio that any other. I thought we had bought in a petulant little p****. It turns out he was probably the best of OGS signings!

Gave his all and for any of his faults you could never fault his workrate. Even during his time out of the side he seemed to be the model professional.

Thought he would thrive under PT but can't deny him a chance at the top level. Hope he does really well.

It's a shame we are losing quality players with the ability to step it up to the next level. If by some fluke we were promoted via the playoffs we would need to spend $100M just to compete.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    I think the criticisms aren't unfair, but I agree very much with the sentiment of your post
    http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...95#post4656495

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    One of my favourite players at City, too good for us. Class act and player, wish him well.

Agree always gave 100 per cent

Nice bloke, crap defender

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Nice bloke, crap defender
    Agreed. I'm shocked Boro have bought him given they have built their team very much on a strong solid defence.

Wish him all the best but I think he'll get murdered in the Prem and could be in for a hat trick of relegations.

Good luck Fabio! Gutted he's gone, but when a Prem team comes calling you go. Great attitude on and off the pitch and always gave 100%. When we got relegated, he could have chucked his toys out the pram and demanded to leave, like most of OGS's other signings did. Never saw any of that from Fabio and still gave his all. I'll miss him!

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    Good luck Fabio! Gutted he's gone, but when a Prem team comes calling you go. Great attitude on and off the pitch and always gave 100%. When we got relegated, he could have chucked his toys out the pram and demanded to leave, like most of OGS's other signings did. Never saw any of that from Fabio and still gave his all. I'll miss him!
    Spot on even when he was having a bad game he never hid,100% player hope you have a great season Fabio.

And thank you Fabio ,your a star.

What a very decent man. Very nice to pass on these thoughts and comments.

Good luck to the lad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Tandy,I agree with you .
    There ,I said it .

Nice gesture and he comes across very genuine. Shame as this season he would have been great in that wing back role.

All the best to him.

2 million is bloody good business, nice lad and good luck to him. Not a great defender in times we needed him

As headless chickens go he was one of the better ones.

I loved fabio. his positioning and erratic defending would give me kittens at times but he was good going forward and his never say die attitude was a throw back to the days of Jason Perry.

Like Jimmy said he got me out of my seat and was one of the few players we have who genuinely entertained me.

3-5-2 would have suited as he had energy to burn.

Good luck to the lad