+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is PT's plan B ?

What is PT's plan B ?

If 352 either doesnt work or we havent got the players to make it work for all TRollopes efforts what do you think his plan B will be?

Re: What is PT's plan B ?

Blame "OUR RUSS"

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Give him a chance at least to get it to work. His backup plan was in evidence last night when for the last part of the game they reverted to 442.

Im really looking forward to seeing if Trollope can get this to work - and prepared to give him time to do it - it can work - if the players are fit enough and intelligent enough
    We all want it to work if it improves the team, the entertainment value and our standing in the league but at the same time we are selling and disposing or it appears courting offers for players who if this doesnt work we may need? No one will convince me there is a better wing back at our club than Fabio but hes gone if we lose both Digkachoi and gunnar who plays the holding midfield role in a different system? WE still dont appear to have a target man up front for a different system. iF we lose Noone who has no chance of playing in a 352 system we lose our only real winger of any quality? Who are our two full backs in a traditional 442 system as it has been generally accepted that John cant play that role Peltier doesnt get forward enough MAlone is gone and that leaves Richards?

I don't know what his plan B is, but I suspect that, unlike our last manager, he does have one.

Banned

I am not normally pessimistic but things are not looking good for the season ahead, why o why is Trollope trying to play a new system when last season he was coaching 4-4-2. The players probably don't know whether they are coming or going.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    I am not normally pessimistic but things are not looking good for the season ahead, why o why is Trollope trying to play a new system when last season he was coaching 4-4-2. The players probably don't know whether they are coming or going.
    He was coaching 442 and a shit version of it on his managers orders you plum

He has already played 5-3-2, 3-5-2, 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1.

Our best system with Whitts, John, Fabio (before he left) Richards and the strength we have in central defence was 3-5-2.

This allows Pilks or Immers to join in up top or drop deep and pack the midfield. It also takes the pressure off our wing backs who are generally considered as weak defensively but much better going forward.

Trollope is using a system that suits the players at his disposal rather than playing a lopsided 4-4-2 regardless cos he likes it!

Banned

[QUOTE=thehumblegringo;4659741]He has already played 5-3-2, 3-5-2, 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1.

God help us :prayersmiley

[QUOTE=Tandy;4659746]
    Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    He has already played 5-3-2, 3-5-2, 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1.

God help us :prayersmiley
    So you'd be willing to judge him on 2 games? One of which was not our strongest 11.

On Saturday the formation worked superbly well, we're just missing an out an out striker.

When you've got players like Gunnarsson, Noone and Zahore who really not up to it, I don't think any formation Trollope came up with would suit them.

At least Trollope is willing to try out new systems and formations and is savvy enough to change if it's not working, unlike that bald fella that was trying to make out he was a football manager.

Banned

[QUOTE=Phill Stants brother;4659762]

So you'd be willing to judge him on 2 games? One of which was not our strongest 11.

On Saturday the formation worked superbly well, we're just missing an out an out striker.

When you've got players like Gunnarsson, Noone and Zahore who really not up to it, I don't think any formation Trollope came up with would suit them.

At least Trollope is willing to try out new systems and formations and is savvy enough to change if it's not working, unlike that bald fella that was trying to make out he was a football manager.
    I take it you are not a qualified coach The more successful teams stick to one formation and play to their strengths. Trollope is experimenting with all these different formations which seems like an act of desperation. The squad under the "the bald fella" knew what the plan was.

[QUOTE=Tandy;4659766]
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill Stants brother View Post

I take it you are not a qualified coach The more successful teams stick to one formation and play to their strengths. Trollope is experimenting with all these different formations which seems like an act of desperation. The squad under the "the bald fella" knew what the plan was.
    Talking nonsense. Absolute nonsense.

The best teams and players are flexible and adaptable.

The best coaches are able to make decisions mid game and if something isn't working make changes accordingly.

One formation my arse

[QUOTE=Tandy;4659766]

Anyway Russ it's Friday night. Go and enjoy your Chinese.Or better still choke on it

[QUOTE=Tandy;4659766]

Yep try not to lose a game rather than go out and try to win it.Plus the football was as boring as fcuk.

Banned

[QUOTE=jeepster;4659772]

Yep try not to lose a game rather than go out and try to win it.Plus the football was as boring as fcuk.
    Missed the game last night did you?

[QUOTE=Tandy;4659766]

I take it you are then by that comment.

You're a qualified c.unt but that's a different thread all together.

[QUOTE=Tandy;4659774]
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post

Missed the game last night did you?
    No did you.

Banned

[QUOTE=jeepster;4659777]

No did you.
    Yes.

[QUOTE=Phill Stants brother;4659762]

This

[QUOTE=Tandy;4659778]

Yes.
    So did you notice how we changed formation as the game progressed,some thing which Russ could not do.

Banned

[QUOTE=jeepster;4659782]

So did you notice how we changed formation as the game progressed,some thing which Russ could not do.
    I must admit I did witness the change. The question I have to ask is why did the manager revert back to a Slade formation?

[QUOTE=Tandy;4659795]

I must admit I did witness the change. The question I have to ask is why did the manager revert back to a Slade formation?
    you're ****ing mental

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    you're ****ing mental
    Yeah, Tandy is a WUM. And a one-trick-pony, sh1te one

Edit: quotes are messed up on here tonight

[QUOTE=Tandy;4659795]

But this is something Russ could not do,try to change the outcome of the game.

[QUOTE=Tandy;4659766]

There was a plan last season?

The first team (we made 6 changes last night) have played one competitive game with a completely new system and by all accounts we looked much better than anything served up last season where we used a traditional system which wouldn't need much adapting to seeing as almost every British footballer has played it at some point

Slade's gone, get over it and back Trollope instead of ripping into him and making out Slade was some kind of tactical genius