+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is PT's plan B ?

Banned

Re: What is PT's plan B ?

[QUOTE=City123;4659957]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    There was a plan last season?

The first team (we made 6 changes last night) have played one competitive game with a completely new system and by all accounts we looked much better than anything served up last season where we used a traditional system which wouldn't need much adapting to seeing as almost every British footballer has played it at some point

Slade's gone, get over it and back Trollope instead of ripping into him and making out Slade was some kind of tactical genius
    I'm not ripping in to Trollope I'm ripping into the idiots who think Trollope is any better than Slade.

[QUOTE=Tandy;4659958]
    Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

I'm not ripping in to Trollope I'm ripping into the idiots who think Trollope is any better than Slade.
    You couldn't rip an hole in a wet paper bag you soft tart. In all honesty you're shit at banter and talking football. In fact, you're probably the most pointless poster on here.

[QUOTE=Tandy;4659766]
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill Stants brother View Post

I take it you are not a qualified coach The more successful teams stick to one formation and play to their strengths. Trollope is experimenting with all these different formations which seems like an act of desperation. The squad under the "the bald fella" knew what the plan was.
    You seem to have blurred the lines between successful teams and quality of coach, and yet Di Matteo won the champions league while Conte never has. Trollope has had two competitive games so a little early to cry out desperation.

Where do you think Slade was capable of taking us considering you've been quite the champion of his ("variations of") 4-4-2?

I am not normally pessimistic but things are not looking good for the season ahead, why o why is Trollope trying to play a new system when last season he was coaching 4-4-2. The players probably don't know whether they are coming or going.
    He was coaching 4-4-2 under instruction from the manager, but you might be onto something here, though. Trollope should have stuck to his guns and coached the team the way he wanted instead of bowing down to his superior. Much more sense to have coached the team in a 3-5-2 system during the week then watched Slade go 4-4-2 for a match.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    He was coaching 4-4-2 under instruction from the manager, but you might be onto something here, though. Trollope should have stuck to his guns and coached the team the way he wanted instead of bowing down to his superior. Much more sense to have coached the team in a 3-5-2 system during the week then watched Slade go 4-4-2 for a match.
    It was a big mistake employing PT as an assistant to Slade he clearly had different views on team formation which probably rubbed off on the the team. The club should have employed someone who was reading from the same page as Slade.

It was a big mistake employing PT as an assistant to Slade he clearly had different views on team formation which probably rubbed off on the the team. The club should have employed someone who was reading from the same page as Slade.
    Even more comedy gold. I have no doubts Trollope had different views as Slade's were nonsense. If that had rubbed off on the team it would have been because the players had more belief in Trollope than Slade, even if Humpty was the manager at the time.

As for employing a 4-4-2 man to work with Slade, a robot could have stood on the side of the pitch shouting "hoof it further, hoof it higher, hoof it quicker....."

Any suggestions ?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Any suggestions ?
    Bobby Gould

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Any suggestions ?
    Mike Bassett?

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Bobby Gould
    that's about right

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    We all want it to work if it improves the team, the entertainment value and our standing in the league but at the same time we are selling and disposing or it appears courting offers for players who if this doesnt work we may need? No one will convince me there is a better wing back at our club than Fabio but hes gone if we lose both Digkachoi and gunnar who plays the holding midfield role in a different system? WE still dont appear to have a target man up front for a different system. iF we lose Noone who has no chance of playing in a 352 system we lose our only real winger of any quality? Who are our two full backs in a traditional 442 system as it has been generally accepted that John cant play that role Peltier doesnt get forward enough MAlone is gone and that leaves Richards?
    Like i said it is going to be very difficult for us now as we are letting players leave who have played in more successful cardiff sides and in the prem some. Of them. They are being replaced by cheaper or free cast offs who on first impressions are not going to bring us the improvement we all want. I am not just alking about whats happened in the last few weeks it goes back to jones and turner. The quality in our squad is getting thin now. Dont come flying back at me with abuse just consider our squad our defence choices are poorer than last year our midfield is according to others on here of to be of poor quality and needs major changes and we probably have the worst collection of forwards the club has cobbled together in years and years. Its a right mess now. We cannot let noone gunnar ralls or pilks leave. We have not got the players to replace them in our squad and i have no confidence we will bring better players in either