+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kenya dope cheats at the Olympics.

Kenya dope cheats at the Olympics.

The track and field manager has been sent home for illegal doping charges. One of the coaches tried to give his own urine sample at a dope test. But unlike Russia the entire team have not been blocked from competing.

Is it a case of one rule for one country and another one for Kenya? How many more track and field Kenyans will just be sent home and no action taken against the whole Kenyan squad?

Re: Kenya dope cheats at the Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott Dave View Post
    The track and field manager has been sent home for illegal doping charges. One of the coaches tried to give his own urine sample at a dope test. But unlike Russia the entire team have not been blocked from competing.

Is it a case of one rule for one country and another one for Kenya? How many more track and field Kenyans will just be sent home and no action taken against the whole Kenyan squad?
    The Russian case was state-sponsored doping and cover-up.
    This seems to be just the coach.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    The Russian case was state-sponsored doping and cover-up.
    This seems to be just the coach.
    State sponsored doping is the fault of British journalists apparently.

https://www.rt.com/op-edge/353128-do...media-scandal/

We all know you love the Russians, but seriously...do you know what they were up to?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    We all know you love the Russians, but seriously...do you know what they were up to?

I know that an investigation into 'what they were up to' decided it was not worth talking to any Russians.

I know that an investigation into 'what they were up to' decided it was not worth talking to any Russians.
    Care to expand on this? Does 'an investigation' mean WADA?

Care to expand on this? Does 'an investigation' mean WADA?
    I think it's very sad that sport has been dragged into the build up of anti-Russian anti-Putin sentiment that has been building in some quarters in the West over the last few years. Those that were guilty, coaches, officials, athletes should of course have been disqualified from going to the Olympics. But a blanket ban, without knowledge of all the facts, rushed, taking no account of interviews in Russia was in my view a travesty for any country to be subjected to. What of all the officials, coaches and athletes who had absolutely nothing to do with the allegations? Why should those that are innocent suffer because of the actions of a few?

http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/08/...sian-athletes/

I think it's very sad that sport has been dragged into the build up of anti-Russian anti-Putin sentiment that has been building in some quarters in the West over the last few years. Those that were guilty, coaches, officials, athletes should of course have been disqualified from going to the Olympics. But a blanket ban, without knowledge of all the facts, rushed, taking no account of interviews in Russia was in my view a travesty for any country to be subjected to. What of all the officials, coaches and athletes who had absolutely nothing to do with the allegations? Why should those that are innocent suffer because of the actions of a few?

http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/08/...sian-athletes/
    That link says they did speak to Russians.

That link says they did speak to Russians.
    You've left me wondering if English is your first language Lardy. Perhaps you might want to revisit it and read it again.

"The report relies primarily on the testimony of the chief culprit, Dr. Grigory Rodchenkov."

"The report relies primarily on the testimony of the chief culprit, Dr. Grigory Rodchenkov."
    Dr GR was charging athletes for false drug readings. He fled to the USA.

That's it? That's enough to ban an entire country? Information based on one man's criminal testimony is enough? No need to conduct any form of proper investigation?

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/russia-dopi...port-1.3683450

"According to McLaren, Rodchenkov and all other witnesses interviewed were deemed credible and the personnel at the Moscow laboratory did not have a choice in whether to be involved in the state-directed system."

Looks like he did speak to some Russians.

You've left me wondering if English is your first language Lardy. Perhaps you might want to revisit it and read it again.
    How's the ESL coming along, Splotty? Let us know when you make pre-intermediate, we'll be so chuffed for you.

How's the ESL coming along, Splotty? Let us know when you make pre-intermediate, we'll be so chuffed for you.
    It's the knowledge that I have the love and total support of my fellow members that keeps me going Lardy.