+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The wales factor ... my arse

Banned

The wales factor ... my arse

We were all excited when PT took over and Wales done well.
    We are relegation fodder , make no bones about it.
    And I don't want to hear this nonsense about 44 games to go. Sometimes you just know.
    WE ARE CRAP

Re: The wales factor ... my arse

It wasn't great today, the wing backs were playing far too safe, coming back inside all the time, and the midfield were far too slow, taking too many touches, but the system obviously needs to be worked on. Come end of August when window shuts and we know what we've got to work with we will have a better idea.
    Huws to replace Ralls in midfield, maybe swap Lex and Pilkington and we need another striker.

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    We were all excited when PT took over and Wales done well.
    We are relegation fodder , make no bones about it.
    And I don't want to hear this nonsense about 44 games to go. Sometimes you just know.
    WE ARE CRAP
    Your not the first person ive seen comment on excited about Trollope.

I wasnt and no one I actually know was either.

I back him and id rather him than Slade but Trollopes appointment was definately not an exciting or an ambitious one.

For me if he keeps us mid table and we start playing decent football hes done a good job.

Too early to judge him yet.

The players look confused with this new system and neither of the wingbacks can cross the ball. Immers was a real threat last season but is playing far to deep in this formation.

Re: More work needed

Wing Backs? More like five at the back! Our wing backs were to deep they should have been pressing higher up the pitch. As for the midfield the balance is all wrong you need a holding player with two players either side who can drive. Not even going to mention attack as that did not exist today!

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    It wasn't great today, the wing backs were playing far too safe, coming back inside all the time, and the midfield were far too slow, taking too many touches, but the system obviously needs to be worked on. Come end of August when window shuts and we know what we've got to work with we will have a better idea.
    Huws to replace Ralls in midfield, maybe swap Lex and Pilkington and we need another striker.
    We were dreadful today mate and it's no good for me to pretend otherwise. I do believe our midfield were the issue. We took an age on the ball and we're still in pre season mode.

I thought Ralls was terrible and our movement off the ball was non-existent.

Personally I thought QPR destroyed us tactically. They knew that our midfield would sit deep and appreciate time to dictate but they weren't having none of it. Their fitness levels were impressive and game plan worked a treat

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    We were dreadful today mate and it's no good for me to pretend otherwise. I do believe our midfield were the issue. We took an age on the ball and we're still in pre season mode.

I thought Ralls was terrible and our movement off the ball was non-existent.

Personally I thought QPR destroyed us tactically. They knew that our midfield would sit deep and appreciate time to dictate but they weren't having none of it. Their fitness levels were impressive and game plan worked a treat
    Not a great first game back mate. Spent £50 I wish I'd bought 8 cans for a tenner, lay on the setee and watched the Arsenal v Liverpool game.

Not a great first game back mate. Spent £50 I wish I'd bought 8 cans for a tenner, lay on the setee and watched the Arsenal v Liverpool game.
    My old man was sleeping by the side of me

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Your not the first person ive seen comment on excited about Trollope.

I wasnt and no one I actually know was either.

I back him and id rather him than Slade but Trollopes appointment was definately not an exciting or an ambitious one.

For me if he keeps us mid table and we start playing decent football hes done a good job.

Too early to judge him yet.
    "At least he's better than Slade" was my thought at the time.

Today highlights how much work there is to do, but I'm not gonna write Trollope off. His biggest problem is that many will write him off

Today highlights how much work there is to do, but I'm not gonna write Trollope off. His biggest problem is that many will write him off
    Trollope is working with the same restrictions that Slade had. It's far too early to write him off, I really think Cardiff need some stability and should give him 3 years. It will take him that long to build his own team.

It is ridiculous to expect the welsh 5 at the back to work for us.

For a start having bale and ramsey counter attacking is a bit better than our slow, laboring lot.

Our wing backs are not playing well enough for it to work.

Our central midfielders must be the least creative in the league.

Fred the striker has zero chance of doing anything with the service he is getting.

Worst of all they really look low on confidence.

We have no pace. Apart from declan.

a formation doesnt win you games. You have to mix it up and play football.

And - QPR fans were complete and utter crap until they scored. Quietest fans ive ever seen there.

Onwards and upwards though eh?. I thought the atmopshere was really good until we decided to lose the game.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 14-08-16 at 17:48.

Quote Originally Posted by شهرستان کاردیف View Post

For a start having bale and ramsey counter attacking is a bit better than our slow, laboring lot.

Fred the striker has zero chance of doing anything with the service he is getting.

a formation doesnt win you games. You have mix it up.

And - QPR fans were complete and utter crap until they scored. Quietest fans ive ever seen there.
    Perhaps Slade played 4-4-2 because he knew the squad were limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Perhaps Slade played 4-4-2 because he knew the squad were limited.
    not a chance. Slade played 4-4-2 cos that's all he knew

This. For the 5-3-2 to work you need to have pace and creativity at the other end. I admire the system and I think it's effective but (like all systems) only if you have the players to make it work.

I wonder if Trollope's absence whilst at the Euros has set us back behind the other teams in the division who have had all summer to work on things?

Either way, the club has already said that the majority of transfer activity will take place at the end of the month, so I'll wait until the end of August, see what we have and make a judgement then.

not a chance. Slade played 4-4-2 cos that's all he knew
    Cardiff appear to be struggling with 3-5-2. They nearly made the play-offs with Slade's 4-4-2.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    This. For the 5-3-2 to work you need to have pace and creativity at the other end. I admire the system and I think it's effective but (like all systems) only if you have the players to make it work.

I wonder if Trollope's absence whilst at the Euros has set us back behind the other teams in the division who have had all summer to work on things?

Either way, the club has already said that the majority of transfer activity will take place at the end of the month, so I'll wait until the end of August, see what we have and make a judgement then.
    Who we bring in is gonna be massive and judging by today maybe we need more players than I thought.
    It's imperative we get some creativity, some pace and some goal threat.

a formation doesnt win you games. You have to mix it up and play football.

Onwards and upwards though eh?. I thought the atmopshere was really good until we decided to lose the game.
    I agree with all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Lets not brush anything under the carpet here - I thought in theory wing backs etc and with Lenny and Trollope running the show - this sounded like a breath of fresh air after Slade.

It didnt work today and we someone up front who knows where the goal is. Zahore looked much more of a threat than Goundongbe (spelling) , Declan John played well , and Noone should have played from the start.

I wont right off the season just yet though if that's ok with you
    Declan John done nothing and Noone shouldn't have even been on the bench

My old man was sleeping by the side of me
    Only Norms wasn't drinking and wanted to go back up for the 2nd half I would have gladly stayed on the councourse after HT drinking £4 pints of cider flavoured water.

Abysmal
    The system does n`t work without pace.
    i don`t mind getting beat but please have a fecking go especially at home.
    Worse than that cent Slades efforts.

Trollope was the cheap and easy option. After Wales' exploits the appointment had a touch more excitement about it. A new formation added into the mix and I was quietly optimistic, after three matches that has pretty much gone.

Apart from more hair and a different formation the football was just as bad as last season, just as negative.

Hopefully we can bring a couple of players in and pick up a few results soon or the positivity from Wales will all be well and truly over.

It's all well and good playing 5 at the back so you're solid defensively when you have Bale and Ramsey at the other end and Joe Allen who can get on the ball to find them...

...Completely different when Zahore and Gounongbe are responsible for unlocking the defense with an ageing Whittingham trying to play out from the back.

A new striker and a genuine number 10 is needed if this system is going to work, where you'd find those on a shoe string budget is another problem altogether...

There's no getting away from the fact that we didn't look like scoring in a month of Sundays!!Did we actually have a strike on target today?I don't think so. We were clueless going forward and we didn't seem to have any idea how to break down the QPR defence.I see some more people saying they are excited by Trollope's appointment - what a laugh. We will be going nowhere if we continue like today.Fred or whatever his name is was pathetic and Zohore just as bad. It is looking like it's going to be a long painful and hard season.I know it's only 2 games so far but I saw nothing to make me excited today.😐😐😐😐

Quote Originally Posted by protex blue View Post
    Wing Backs? More like five at the back! Our wing backs were to deep they should have been pressing higher up the pitch. As for the midfield the balance is all wrong you need a holding player with two players either side who can drive. Not even going to mention attack as that did not exist today!
    I know fak all but that did seem to be a problem to me.

When I've seen that system work well, the wing backs are bombing forward, overlapping the midfield and creating outlets. As well as getting to the byline.

When we won the ball there seemed to be nobody in space and we ended up just prodding it hopefully forward and usually losing possession.