+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kadeem Harris

Kadeem Harris

Looked great tonight when he came on, his pace and willingness to try and go past a player is exactly what we need. But he's no wing back, so where can he fit in a 3-5-2? Maybe give him a try on the right of the midfield four.

Re: Kadeem Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Looked great tonight when he came on, his pace and willingness to try and go past a player is exactly what we need. But he's no wing back, so where can he fit in a 3-5-2? Maybe give him a try on the right of the midfield four.
    He did look very good - pacy and direct. I'm not sure he wouldn't make a decent wing-back. He started off with a great tackle and didn't seem too fazed by the position

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    He did look very good - pacy and direct. I'm not sure he wouldn't make a decent wing-back. He started off with a great tackle and didn't seem too fazed by the position
    He did make two strong tackles to be fair, the second one was a bit too strong mind, I thought he was going off for that one. Assuming Richards comes back in against Fulham, I hope he at least keeps his place on the bench.

Kadeem should start the next game. He's better than Richards, he was a breath of fresh air last night. Needs a full game.

It was easier for him to come on last night when we're winning. Not sure how he would cope with defensive duties in that formation against stronger opposition.
    Great to see him have a decent performance mind.

It's a pity the we didn't have a proper striker to get on the end of his excellent crosses

I must admit that when he came on to replace Peltier I had my concerns but I was pleasantly surprised. Defensively he did a decent job & in attack he injected some real pace & directness

Having someone pacy and able to beat one or two players in that position is a real advantage, as it will make their fullbacks less confident about pushing on to pin our wingbacks back into our own half, which seems to really neutralise this formation.

Now this might sound a little crazy but... what if he played the 'Bale' role?
    The system works for Wales because Bale is able to drift around and appear in dangerous positions. Given some first team football could Kads do something similar? Obviously i'm not saying he's as good as Bale but the opposition isn't usually as good either. His pace could cause some serious problems in the same way Bales pace does.
    Then we have Ralls playing the Allen role, Huws (or Whits) playing the Ramsey role and Gunnarson doing what Ledley does.

Quote Originally Posted by BrennanHuff View Post
    Now this might sound a little crazy but... what if he played the 'Bale' role?
    The system works for Wales because Bale is able to drift around and appear in dangerous positions. Given some first team football could Kads do something similar? Obviously i'm not saying he's as good as Bale but the opposition isn't usually as good either. His pace could cause some serious problems in the same way Bales pace does.
    Then we have Ralls playing the Allen role, Huws (or Whits) playing the Ramsey role and Gunnarson doing what Ledley does.
    Wales system shouldn't really work as a 3-5-2. Our wingbacks aren't good enough to provide a decent attacking threat consistently. The only reason it works for wales is we have bale and Ramsey.
    Wales effectively play an ultra defensive 5-3-1-1 and rely on individual brilliance.

We haven't got the luxury of anything like a bale or a Ramsey, and without an attacking threat from the wingbacks we will be way too easy to neutralise from an attacking sense.

I think we need to be brave and have as attacking wingbacks as we can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Wales system shouldn't really work as a 3-5-2. Our wingbacks aren't good enough to provide a decent attacking threat consistently. The only reason it works for wales is we have bale and Ramsey.
    Wales effectively play an ultra defensive 5-3-1-1 and rely on individual brilliance.

We haven't got the luxury of anything like a bale or a Ramsey, and without an attacking threat from the wingbacks we will be way too easy to neutralise from an attacking sense.

I think we need to be brave and have as attacking wingbacks as we can get.
    I think you're being a bit unkind to some of the Welsh team. We don't have wingbacks in the same league as Taylor or Gunter and we don't have anyone like Allen.

I've never really rated Harris, he is a player who was signed for his potential and probably hasn't progressed as quickly or as well as expected.

However, last night I though he provided the spark need by running directly at their defence and caused problems. It just goes to show what pace can do to a team. It was nice to se him push the ball past the full back and SPRINT on to it, rather rather than see Noone cut back inside and pass back. Hopefully he'll get more chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I think you're being a bit unkind to some of the Welsh team. We don't have wingbacks in the same league as Taylor or Gunter and we don't have anyone like Allen.
    We have wingbacks literally in the same league as Gunter.

He's basically a really solid defender who doesn't offer that much going forwards.
    He's never really excelled at this level, average championship player, of which we have several.
    Taylor is probably a little better and I'll take your point on Allen.

How about Pilkington as a wing back?

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    How about Pilkington as a wing back?
    Why not he's played everywhere else except centre back and goalkeeper. 2 games in and he's back up front again!

We have wingbacks literally in the same league as Gunter.

He's basically a really solid defender who doesn't offer that much going forwards.
    He's never really excelled at this level, average championship player, of which we have several.
    Taylor is probably a little better and I'll take your point on Allen.
    Gunter is far more than an average Championship player and he showed in the summer that he could be a Premier League quality performer given the right circumstances - playing for the team he grew up supporting and used to travel to watch away from home when he wasn't involved with their first team squad could provide those circumstances, I'd have him back like a shot if the chance arose.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Gunter is far more than an average Championship player and he showed in the summer that he could be a Premier League quality performer given the right circumstances - playing for the team he grew up supporting and used to travel to watch away from home when he wasn't involved with their first team squad could provide those circumstances, I'd have him back like a shot if the chance arose.
    I'd like him back as well , where's Adam Matthews these days

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I'd like him back as well , where's Adam Matthews these days
    Bristol City on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Fair enough, I'm sure plenty will agree with that, but I'm not one of them.
    He certainly has his strengths, you hardly ever see anyone beating him one on one. But for me his ability with the ball is what tells me he couldn't be a premier league performer.
    I dont think there is a premier league club which has fullbacks as limited as him.
    He provided a great cross for the Sam vokes goal against Belgium in the summer, but 90% of his other crosses were ballooned over the heads of everyone. And a reading supporting mate of mine tells me that his crossing for them is awful and that he frequently doesn't stop a cross coming in either.
    He is very solid and dependable, but there are a lot of players at that level in this division and I really don't think Gunter stands out . I don't recall him ever troubling the team of the season, or hearing that he's linked with a big move.
    If we were playing with a back 4 and we had picked him up for relatively cheap then I'd be happy enough with the signing, but it wouldn't exactly strike fear into the other teams in the league, or indeed I can't see him having the type of impact on the game that Harris seems to have had when he was brought on.
    Plenty on here seem to rate him though, I do wonder if he wasn't welsh would he have caught the eye of that many people with his performances for reading in recent years?

Banned

He should start the next game, looking like our best player at the moment.

Blue in the Face

Personally I don't agree with this article below or calls to put Kadeem in the starting 11 and I maintain that he still doesn't look like a wing back to me from what I've seen so far. But he's proving very effective on current form as an impact sub and this might be the best way to utilise Kadeem. He's fearless at running directly at players and it seems to work well against tired legs.

.................................................. ...................

Why Kadeem Harris has played his way into contention for a starting spot as Cardiff City youngsters lead the way

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...tion-11779342?

I'd like to see him start, as I think attack can be the best form of defence where wingbacks are concerned. If the opposition are facing a pacy tricky wingback they might be reluctant to push forward, and you effectively end up playing the game in their half.

On the down side I think he had a pretty poor clearance attempt in the build up to Fulham s equaliser, but the ability not to panic in situations like that comes with experience and he's not been in this role for long at all

Blue in the Face

I'd like to see him start, as I think attack can be the best form of defence where wingbacks are concerned. If the opposition are facing a pacy tricky wingback they might be reluctant to push forward, and you effectively end up playing the game in their half.

On the down side I think he had a pretty poor clearance attempt in the build up to Fulham s equaliser, but the ability not to panic in situations like that comes with experience and he's not been in this role for long at all
    Agree with you on the attacking. But I need convincing that he can defend. Though I don't blame him too much for the clearance.

I just think he could have impact in half an hour as a sub over playing the full 90.

Well today I think he proved without a doubt that he can defend. Great performance from Kadeem.

Put him up front