+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A-Level Results Day

A-Level Results Day

Good luck to all young Bluebirds on their results and all sons/daughters of members. I am hoping to get into Cardiff University and if anyone's stress is anywhere near mine right now I wish them all the best!

Re: A-Level Results Day

Have you checked track? mine has updated

Yes mate, got into Cardiff! How did you get on? Results weren't as good as I was expecting but the fact I scraped in is all that matters 😀

Quote Originally Posted by BrummieBluebird View Post
    Yes mate, got into Cardiff! How did you get on? Results weren't as good as I was expecting but the fact I scraped in is all that matters ��
    I checked track and got into my firm choice! Went downstairs playing 'We Made It' by Drake on my speaker

Well done guys, perhaps uni will open you up to a better selection of music too.

In all seriousness, enjoy your day today - you (probably) deserve it. Uni is great, you get to arse around and get paid for it whilst doing a bit of work in between.

Congratulations to you both. Enjoy your celebrations as this is one of those true red letter days in your life

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Well done guys, perhaps uni will open you up to a better selection of music too.

In all seriousness, enjoy your day today - you (probably) deserve it. Uni is great, you get to arse around and get paid for it whilst doing a bit of work in between.
    I'll stick to listening to the same music tyvm

Looking forward to uni! And thank you both for the comments

Well done both, pleased you got your first choices.

Good luck to all young Bluebirds on their results and all sons/daughters of members. I am hoping to get into Cardiff University and if anyone's stress is anywhere near mine right now I wish them all the best!
    Good luck, my daughter had four years at Cardiff and loved every day of it.

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    I checked track and got into my firm choice! Went downstairs playing 'We Made It' by Drake on my speaker
    Congratulations adz.

Well done adz

If you dont get what you want have no fear.

I had next to nothing and what was then UWIC took me in. If you ring them more often than not they are happen to fill up spaces.

More debt more money init.

If you collect your GCSE results only to find you got mostly D's you can simply do what I did and pop along to Coleg Glan Hafren in Trowbridge to do a motor vehicle mechanics course.

I cant remember if I got an NVQ 1 or an NVQ 2 for my efforts but what I do know is that employers are equally unimpressed with either.

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    Steady on with those celebrations Adz. Many have fallen down that slippery slope and never made it back.

One minute you're playing R&B through a speaker, the next thing you know it's an orgy of sex, drugs and rock n roll.

P.s Well done young man, really pleased for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    If you collect your GCSE results only to find you got mostly D's you can simply do what I did and pop along to Coleg Glan Hafren in Trowbridge to do a motor vehicle mechanics course.

I cant remember if I got an NVQ 1 or an NVQ 2 for my efforts but what I do know is that employers are equally unimpressed with either.

U don even go to coleg.

Well done fellas

I messed up my o levels, a levels and my first year of university until I discovered the love of learning. Hopefully you'll get that too.

If they have done well it just means they have a better memory than others. The education system in Britain is flawed and very outdated.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott Dave View Post
    Congratulations adz.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Well done adz
    Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Well done both, pleased you got your first choices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Steady on with those celebrations Adz. Many have fallen down that slippery slope and never made it back.

One minute you're playing R&B through a speaker, the next thing you know it's an orgy of sex, drugs and rock n roll.

P.s Well done young man, really pleased for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ring_Peace View Post
    Well done fellas

I messed up my o levels, a levels and my first year of university until I discovered the love of learning. Hopefully you'll get that too.

Thanks and a bit of rap and R&B gets the party started!!

Quote Originally Posted by PerryJason View Post
    If they have done well it just means they have a better memory than others. The education system in Britain is flawed and very outdated.

You're an expert in the field I presume ?

Or one of those " experts " who knows all about education because they went to school decades ago ?

Well done lads !

I shall be joining you in Cardiff as a so-called "mature" student (using the word mature as loosely as possible). It was something I never had the chance to do when I left school and decided to take the plunge to better my opportunities.