+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Bluebird ALUN WILLIAMS (HAFREN ROOFING)

RIP Bluebird ALUN WILLIAMS (HAFREN ROOFING)

It is with great sadness, that I have been asked to pass on the news of the passing of ALUN WILLIAMS.

A GREAT friend and a stalwart to the club in their bad times through the 90's.

Alun, through his company, Hafren Roofing, put the new roof on the Grange-end, when the club were on their uppers.

Over the years, he would help the club when ever they needed it and Hafren Roofing were the Major sponsors through the 90's.

Alun, at 58 years of age, passed away this morning, through a heart attack.

RIP, my old drinking buddy.

Re: RIP Bluebird ALUN WILLIAMS (HAFREN ROOFING)

That is really sad news. My condolences to his family, friends and all who knew him.

No age at all, very sad RIP

Banned

RIP bluebird

Sorry to hear this Tony, I remember Alun was a good friend of yours.

RIP condolences to his family & friends

R.I.P. BLOOBIRD.

RIP bluebird.

RIP. Sad to hear this.

A personal tribute to Alun Williams (Hafren Roofing) from Steve Johnson at the Cardiff City Phone In

Alun was one of the first sponsors of the Cardiff City Phone In, way back in 2002. He was the one that encouraged Hafren Roofing to support the show. I had the pleasure of being his guest for the 2003 Play Off Final in Cardiff. When Andy Campbell got 'that' goal with just a few minutes of extra time left, Alun was standing just to my right. I noticed that he was shaking and then realised he was crying his eyes out . The emotion had got to him. I spent the last five minutes with my arm around his shoulders as we cheered City into the Championship. He gave me one of the best days of my life and he lived and breathed Cardiff City AFC. Thank you /diolch yn fawr Alun, gone way too soon. I'll make sure the first Cardiff City Phone In of 2016 is dedicated to you.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    It is with great sadness, that I have been asked to pass on the news of the passing of ALUN WILLIAMS.

A GREAT friend and a stalwart to the club in their bad times through the 90's.

Alun, through his company, Hafren Roofing, put the new roof on the Grange-end, when the club were on their uppers.

Over the years, he would help the club when ever they needed it and Hafren Roofing were the Major sponsors through the 90's.

Alun, at 58 years of age, passed away this morning, through a heart attack.

RIP, my old drinking buddy.
    Rip Bluebird...

Re: A personal tribute to Alun Williams (Hafren Roofing) from Steve Johnson at the Cardiff City Phone In

Quote Originally Posted by Lennie Ashurst's Bushy Eyebrows View Post
    Alun was one of the first sponsors of the Cardiff City Phone In, way back in 2002. He was the one that encouraged Hafren Roofing to support the show. I had the pleasure of being his guest for the 2003 Play Off Final in Cardiff. When Andy Campbell got 'that' goal with just a few minutes of extra time left, Alun was standing just to my right. I noticed that he was shaking and then realised he was crying his eyes out . The emotion had got to him. I spent the last five minutes with my arm around his shoulders as we cheered City into the Championship. He gave me one of the best days of my life and he lived and breathed Cardiff City AFC. Thank you /diolch yn fawr Alun, gone way too soon. I'll make sure the first Cardiff City Phone In of 2016 is dedicated to you.

Fly free bluebird.

I am so sorry Tony for the loss of your good mate and friend of all Cardiff City fans. What a lovely bloke he was, always had a smile and always backed City especially at times when few others wanted to know. Thoughts with all his friends and family.

I did post elsewhere my funniest memory of Alun and it was with you Tone.

You will remember when we got promoted at York with a Leo Fortune-West hat-trick too many moons ago and you were on Radio Wales phoning from York two nights before the match. All I could hear was background singing and you told Rad Wales loads of City were already there 2 nights before the game. I thought 'bugger it, I want part of that!'.

Hammered it up to York Friday morning arranging to meet a girl I knew for pre match ... Erm ... Entertainment. (I was single at the time). Before that, I trawled York pubs trying yo find all the City fans and no bugger was anywhere until I bumped into Tony, Alan and Lorraine.

Where are they all? I asked them. Alan burst into hysterics saying all the singing was Lorraine and him and they were the only ones there. Stitched up ���� RIP Alan.

RIP Alun a true bluebird

R.I.P.

R.I.P

RIP fellow Bluebird, no age at all.

RIP Alun. Very sad news indeed.

Very sad news, I knew Alun from way back in school, he was my mate's older brother and was part of a large group that started going away in the 70's. No more passionate and prouder Welshman than him or more loyal City fan, from back in the 70's when we were really shit. RIP Alun and thanks for some great laughs and memories.

RIP Alun

Quote Originally Posted by kneesupbrianclark View Post
    Very sad news, I knew Alun from way back in school, he was my mate's older brother and was part of a large group that started going away in the 70's. No more passionate and prouder Welshman than him or more loyal City fan, from back in the 70's when we were really shit. RIP Alun and thanks for some great laughs and memories.
    I knew an Alun Williams down the city back in the seventies, lovely bloke, did he go to Mostyn school mate?

Quote Originally Posted by kneesupbrianclark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    I knew an Alun Williams down the city back in the seventies, lovely bloke, did he go to Mostyn school mate?

Alun was a Penarth boy and went to St Cyres

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Alun was a Penarth boy and went to St Cyres
    Cheers

Condolences to his friends on here.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    He went to St Cyres in Penarth, but got to know a lot of people connected to following the City when he left school, I remember a lot of the old school Llanrumney who drank in The Duke of Wellington knew him well, we used to go there before home games esp around 76/77.