+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Not wanting us to lose BUT

Not wanting us to lose BUT

For the greater good a bad result or two in the next two games might force Choo and Tans hand and get them to release some much needed funds to get 2-3 more players in.

Re: Not wanting us to lose BUT

Poor results should not be necessary - even a blind man can see we desperately need a striker

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    For the greater good a bad result or two in the next two games might force Choo and Tans hand and get them to release some much needed funds to get 2-3 more players in.
    No thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    No thanks
    I don't want us to lose I'm suggesting if we do there could be a silver lining

Banned

You Gringo and countless others called for Slade to play the youngsters know you want Tan to start splashing the cash.
    Hypocrite.
    Last edited by Tandy; 19-08-16 at 19:39.

i don't think it would force their hand.

they don't seem to be very reactionary. they will have a plan (of sorts) and will stick to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    You Gringo and countless others called for Slade to play the youngsters know you wont Tan to start splashing the cash.
    Hypocrite.
    Wrong

Introduce SOME youngsters and not sign players like Revell and Tamas.

We need a striker. Simples.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

they don't seem to be very reactionary. they will have a plan (of sorts) and will stick to that.

THAT^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    THAT^^^
    THIS^^^

Mike we can't go the season with the two strikers they've brought in this summer.

Slade had the luxury of KJ and to a lesser degree Mason.

If we can't get rid of Le Fondre and Macheda and bring in replacements then they should be brought back into the fold.

Banned

Wrong

Introduce SOME youngsters and not sign players like Revell and Tamas.

We need a striker. Simples.
    We have strikers, or haven't you noticed? Trollope bought one quite recently. What are your thoughts on the striker your chosen manager purchased?

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    THIS^^^
    THOSE^^^^

Nobody ever seems to have the answer to this but considering we've just come out of a transfer embargo for falling foul of FFP rules, is Tan even able to "splash the cash" at all?

We have strikers, or haven't you noticed? Trollope bought one quite recently. What are your thoughts on the striker your chosen manager purchased?
    A. I didn't choose Trollope but will take anyone over Slade.
    B. It's plain as day Trollope did not sign either striker and has to work with what he's given.
    C. You're rubbish at fishing
    D. You can't even tell the difference between right and left let alone understand football

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Nobody ever seems to have the answer to this but considering we've just come out of a transfer embargo for falling foul of FFP rules, is Tan even able to "splash the cash" at all?
    For a technicality we are told and since then have got rid of 13 players whilst bringing in 5.
    I'm not suggesting we go and splash 5-10m on a striker but we can loan one and pay his wages.

Ps I didn't say we should "splash the cash"

Unfortunately, we have not been able to buy anything more than a functional striker for many years and haven't been able to do that for a few. Those we have now are very new to this country and league so a little to judge but they haven't started like a house on fire, but a defeat will not provide greater impetus to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Unfortunately, we have not been able to buy anything more than a functional striker for many years and haven't been able to do that for a few. Those we have now are very new to this country and league so a little to judge but they haven't started like a house on fire, but a defeat will not provide greater impetus to change that.
    Don't always have to go abroad we could use the loan market.
    Bristol City have signed a very good young striker from Chelsea on loan.

Mike we can't go the season with the two strikers they've brought in this summer.

Slade had the luxury of KJ and to a lesser degree Mason.

If we can't get rid of Le Fondre and Macheda and bring in replacements then they should be brought back into the fold.
    it seems that whatever bad blood there is with Le Fondre runs deep.

The player is being paid by Cardiff City but his profile image on his Twitter account is him wearing a Wolves shirt.

If he's fit (and he is because he's been playing for the U21's) he must surely be in the squad.

I guess we have to ask ourselves - is Tan ambitious, how interested is he right now, what is his expectation for this season? Is he hands on?
    And if we knew any of that, how might he have conveyed or arranged this with the Manager and Execs?

Personally I'd guess we will hear some wind whistle through a few gaping holes in Cardiff City, and another cost cutting season , with an element of 'hit and hope'.
    Lets see.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    I guess we have to ask ourselves - is Tan ambitious, how interested is he right now, what is his expectation for this season? Is he hands on?
    And if we knew any of that, how might he have conveyed or arranged this with the Manager and Execs?

Personally I'd guess we will hear some wind whistle through a few gaping holes in Cardiff City, and another cost cutting season , with an element of 'hit and hope'.
    Lets see.
    Good question.

Tan no doubt has the finance to do what he wants. It amazes me that he's taken such a back seat when he's seen just how much exposure being in the Premier League can bring.

Unless he doesn't want to suffer the piss taking that he had to endure last time.

You Gringo and countless others called for Slade to play the youngsters know you want Tan to start splashing the cash.
    Hypocrite.
    I think the players at the forefront of peoples' minds when saying that were Declan John & Kadeem Harris: 2 players who were seen as being potentially good enough if given the chance to prove themselves. Trollope is giving them their chance.

That doesn't help our weak strike force though, so I don't think it's hypocritical to want to bring in someone who can find the back of the net.

Banned

When Slade was in charge everyone agreed that we needed a club that was going to be run within its means.
    Now Slade as gone we want Tan to start spending.
    You couldn't make it up with our lot

We dont need to lose anymore games to highlite or frailties in terms of the squad depth but i am afraid it could be 2 freebies in and anoth er 3 or 4 out and i wouldnt include alf macheda or the fat man in those departures. I say again choo and delman have been given a job to do by tan and it is priority over anything else. GET THE SQUAD NUMBERS DOWN AND CONTINUE TO REDUCE THE WAGE BILL

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    We dont need to lose anymore games to highlite or frailties in terms of the squad depth but i am afraid it could be 2 freebies in and anoth er 3 or 4 out and i wouldnt include alf macheda or the fat man in those departures. I say again choo and delman have been given a job to do by tan and it is priority over anything else. GET THE SQUAD NUMBERS DOWN AND CONTINUE TO REDUCE THE WAGE BILL
    You say that like you're some kind of Nostradamus / Carl Curtis type oracle?!?!

Good question.

Tan no doubt has the finance to do what he wants. It amazes me that he's taken such a back seat when he's seen just how much exposure being in the Premier League can bring.

Unless he doesn't want to suffer the piss taking that he had to endure last time.
    There is part of me that still suspects that since he gave up on the 'disobedient customers' (apols that sounds so very 2012/13) and reluctantly returned us to blue he has all but given up on CCFC.
    He's mostly 'done the right thing' regards equity. He honoured that. He is a man of honour.
    Now he can afford to keep us in the 'doldrums' for as long as he wishes.

If he was interested, he would occasionally turn up, or comment. He doesn't. He isn't.
    This is where we are IMO.
    We can still win games of course - and will