+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Not wanting us to lose BUT

Re: Not wanting us to lose BUT

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    You say that like you're some kind of Nostradamus / Carl Curtis type oracle?!?!
    What are you on??
    Just read the the statements made by choo and delman. What ive said is what they have said numerous times including the day PT was appointed. It is patently obvious waht is goin on. We are selling where we can anybody we can but marshall who choo and delman love. Unfortunately I think we all need to prepare for a very rocky ride this season. Dare i say some of us are more prepared for it than others?

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    What are you on??
    Just read the the statements made by choo and delman. What ive said is what they have said numerous times including the day PT was appointed. It is patently obvious waht is goin on. We are selling where we can anybody we can but marshall who choo and delman love. Unfortunately I think we all need to prepare for a very rocky ride this season. Dare i say some of us are more prepared for it than others?
    So where do you think we will end up?

What are you on??
    You're not saying anything people don't already know but you're saying it like you've got some inside scoop ala Carl Curtis

For the greater good a bad result or two in the next two games might force Choo and Tans hand and get them to release some much needed funds to get 2-3 more players in.
    We've spent money this season (Huws was £1.5m plus), the funds are available. We can't increase the wage bill without losing some players first, whether we lose games or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    We've spent money this season (Huws was £1.5m plus), the funds are available. We can't increase the wage bill without losing some players first, whether we lose games or not.
    We have lost 13 players and brought 5 in since January

You're not saying anything people don't already know but you're saying it like you've got some inside scoop ala Carl Curtis
    Then i apologise for coming across like that but we are where we are. That is the capital city fc of wales reduced to free transfers nododies from belgium clubs or average welsh guys who have achieved nowt whilst selling anything we can. I am a realist and respected the job slade did under very similar circumstances last season but we appear to be in continued decline and many fans are clinging to any chink of hope like more welsh players or lets try the youth card but in reality we are going to find things really difficult this season.

Those of us who wanted some homegrown players brought through and not signings like Revell and Tamas are not expecting promotion, we're not expecting multi million pound signings, we know there's a cost cutting exercise and can accept some rough times.
    However if we don't bring in a striker and some cover on other areas we could easily become dragged into the bottom third of the table rather than the middle third pushing at the top third.

Then i apologise for coming across like that but we are where we are. That is the capital city fc of wales reduced to free transfers nododies from belgium clubs or average welsh guys who have achieved nowt whilst selling anything we can. I am a realist and respected the job slade did under very similar circumstances last season but we appear to be in continued decline and many fans are clinging to any chink of hope like more welsh players or lets try the youth card but in reality we are going to find things really difficult this season.
    It`s not clinging to a chink of hope it`s wanting the club to move forward using it`s academy and having a long term sustainable future as apposed to throwing good money after bad down a black hole for a year up then coming back down again.
    Slade was n`t the man for that job he did what he had to do albeit with shit football and no plan for the future.
    Fans need to be patient with Trollope you can`t turn a club around from top to bottom over night.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    When Slade was in charge everyone agreed that we needed a club that was going to be run within its means.
    Now Slade as gone we want Tan to start spending.
    You couldn't make it up with our lot
    I think you'll find that when Slade was in charge we knew we supported a club that was going to be run within its means and that Slade was brought in solely for that purpose. Now that Slade has thankfully gone one would hope the club now has a bit more ambition than just being a tightly run club.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Nobody ever seems to have the answer to this but considering we've just come out of a transfer embargo for falling foul of FFP rules, is Tan even able to "splash the cash" at all?
    Whether Cardiff have emerged from an embargo or not is neither here not there. The rules are quite categoric and, with lower ticket prices and lower crowds, there is obviously a requirement on Trollope to wheel and deal.

The reasons for previous FFP sanctions are laid out here.

http://mobile.efl.com/news/article/2...y-2867176.aspx

I was quite optimistic about the potential shown by Fred during his brief cameo Tuesday evening. Hellos to have a bit of pace, he works hard, holds the ball up well and he appears to have a it of a hammer of a left foot. He needs to gain a bit of confidence, nothing a goal wouldn't help, and to get used to the pace of the game in the Championship. I think with a bit of patience we might have a very effective player in three months time. Similar disrespectful remarks were made against Rudy when he first arrived, fans need to get behind him.

I certainly do not want the City to lose too many games, I attend matched and I do not want my weekends ruined by my disappointment and frustration. I work hard to pay for my season tickets and want to be entertained and I would appreciate a bit of success.

I think Trollope and Lawrence are ambitious enough and wise enough to highlight shortcomings within the squad to Dalaman and Choo without pointing out their own failure to win games.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Gibson's pencil View Post
    I was quite optimistic about the potential shown by Fred during his brief cameo Tuesday evening. Hellos to have a bit of pace, he works hard, holds the ball up well and he appears to have a it of a hammer of a left foot. He needs to gain a bit of confidence, nothing a goal wouldn't help, and to get used to the pace of the game in the Championship. I think with a bit of patience we might have a very effective player in three months time. Similar disrespectful remarks were made against Rudy when he first arrived, fans need to get behind him.

I certainly do not want the City to lose too many games, I attend matched and I do not want my weekends ruined by my disappointment and frustration. I work hard to pay for my season tickets and want to be entertained and I would appreciate a bit of success.

I think Trollope and Lawrence are ambitious enough and wise enough to highlight shortcomings within the squad to Dalaman and Choo without pointing out their own failure to win games.
    Well done you have a season ticket.

Well done you have a season ticket.
    Yes I do, would you believe I use it to watch and support my team Cardiff City. It means I do not have to wait for the highlights on Sky to have a valid opinion on how well they played in a particular match.

Well done. Dai Hunt Mark II.
    Only a couple of days ago, you were having a go at someone who lived 100 miles from the ground from missing a game. Now you're having a go at someone who has a season ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Only a couple of days ago, you were having a go at someone who lived 100 miles from the ground from missing a game. Now you're having a go at someone who has a season ticket.
    And you started a thread about attendances when you haven't been for 3 years.....in protest at the rebrand which was 4 years ago. S******.

And you started a thread about attendances when you haven't been for 3 years.....in protest at the rebrand which was 4 years ago. S******.
    I mean, fair play. First game in 18 months a while back, and you were straight onto Gofer Blue for missing a game. Now you're onto someone who doesn't miss games. Would it be preferable if people just attended every 18 months?

I mean, fair play. First game in 18 months a while back, and you were straight onto Gofer Blue for missing a game. Now you're onto someone who doesn't miss games. Would it be preferable if people just attended every 18 months?
    Or every 3 years or more?

Or every 3 years or more?
    You're obviously a big football fan (you are one of the few posters here that has a grasp on tactics), and a big Cardiff City fan - but you've stayed away for 18 months (for whatever reason)

I'm a big football fan that isn't a fan of the current regime at Cardiff which is why I have stayed away since my last season ticket expired.

A few people have raised points with respect to your opening post, but you choose to respond by criticising their attendance record. That's the common theme with this board these days, people tend to go for the person and not for the points raised.

We all have our reasons for going or not going.

You're obviously a big football fan (you are one of the few posters here that has a grasp on tactics), and a big Cardiff City fan - but you've stayed away for 18 months (for whatever reason)

I'm a big football fan that isn't a fan of the current regime at Cardiff which is why I have stayed away since my last season ticket expired.

A few people have raised points with respect to your opening post, but you choose to respond by criticising their attendance record. That's the common theme with this board these days, people tend to go for the person and not for the points raised.

We all have our reasons for going or not going.
    Eh?

I have history with certain posters who raise points and won't be giving them a satisfaction of a bite.

As a WUM I'm sure you will understand

Eh?

I have history with certain posters who raise points and won't be giving them a satisfaction of a bite.

As a WUM I'm sure you will understand
    Right, so just because you have "history" with certain posters (a list that grows daily), you won't respond to anything they write even if it is a well-thought out response?

Right, so just because you have "history" with certain posters (a list that grows daily), you won't respond to anything they write even if it is a well-thought out response?
    Correct

To you they may be well thought out responses but to me I can see the wood from the trees.

Correct

To you they may be well thought out responses but to me I can see the wood from the trees.
    So what is your history with Ian Gibson's Pencil. He's only posted 25 times!

Correct

I'm the same way with BIS, he has no self-awareness and can be obsessive which makes it a chore to talk to him.

So what is your history with Ian Gibson's Pencil. He's only posted 25 times!
    20 of them in response to me.

Obsessed? Possibly

CCMB is not the only CCFC forum that has ever existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Gibson's pencil View Post

Good post, and nice to see a bit of optimism on here for a change. Fingers crossed Fred gets off the mark tomorrow.