+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GB national anthem

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GB national anthem

Quote Originally Posted by PerryJason View Post
    The anthem is awful and does not represent anyone bar the Royal loving English subjects. It is cringeworthy how they choose to sing about a tax dodging individual. It's time for change, referendum re that awful Union flag that Wales is not represented on, the awful anthem and the whole antiquated Royal situation.
    That would be great.
    Are you going to organise it?

You will probably need to start by asking the Queen.

It is the British National Anthem, whether we like it or not.
    It is outdated to say the least. It comes from a different time , when people thought differently.
    I dislike it.

We are stuck with it until a forward thinking future Monarch decides it is time for a change.

England doesn't even have an anthem of their own. They have to use GStQ. I'm sure many English folks would like to have an English anthem .

Re: GB national anthem

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    That would be great.
    Are you going to organise it?

You will probably need to start by asking the Queen.

It is the British National Anthem, whether we like it or not.
    It is outdated to say the least. It comes from a different time , when people thought differently.
    I dislike it.

We are stuck with it until a forward thinking future Monarch decides it is time for a change.

England doesn't even have an anthem of their own. They have to use GStQ. I'm sure many English folks would like to have an English anthem .
    Think about it, why do you think they don't have one? After all, it's a thing that's been around for decades. It's their anthem, and has been forced on us through a 'union'.