+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jordan Rhodes

Jordan Rhodes

Left out of squad today and told he can leave.
    Reports saying he's been touted around Championship clubs. Sheff Weds and Newcastle apparently interested.

Re: Jordan Rhodes

it's hard to argue with his record but I'm not his biggest fan. the way teams set up these days I think the role of a pure goal scorer is hard to accommodate

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    it's hard to argue with his record but I'm not his biggest fan. the way teams set up these days I think the role of a pure goal scorer is hard to accommodate
    I know what you mean hes someone who is best when he has a partner alongside him rather than the lone striker role but as you say cant argue with his record. He guarantees goals in this division.

Villa after another striker as well

Reports suggest that Boro paid £9m for him in February & I would guess that they will want most (if not all) of that back - would represent a massive outlay for a championship club before you even look at wages

where is Grant Leadbitter today. I wouldn't mind having him if he's not in their plans. it's not really a position we're crying out for though

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    where is Grant Leadbitter today. I wouldn't mind having him if he's not in their plans. it's not really a position we're crying out for though
    Injured

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Injured

really good game this

Chris Sutton was the summariser for the Ipswich v Norwich game on 5Live and he said Norwich will be going nowhere if they are relying on Cameron Jerome. He made the point that a quality striker is crucial to get out of the Championship and Norwich were lacking in that department.

Cardiff must surely invest in somebody with a proven track record over the next seven days if we want to give us any sort of chance of a play off place.

Everyone wants strikers. Maybe City should just look at bringing ALF back into the fold - see main thread

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Chris Sutton was the summariser for the Ipswich v Norwich game on 5Live and he said Norwich will be going nowhere if they are relying on Cameron Jerome. He made the point that a quality striker is crucial to get out of the Championship and Norwich were lacking in that department.

Cardiff must surely invest in somebody with a proven track record over the next seven days if we want to give us any sort of chance of a play off place.
    Norwich City 2014-2015 (promotion season) top scorer: Cameron Jerome.

Sure, he did score 20 goals that season so Sutton's point probably still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    Everyone wants strikers. Maybe City should just look at bringing ALF back into the fold - see main thread
    worth a punt

Who was out top striker when we got promoted?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Who was out top striker when we got promoted?
    Heidar Helgusson-8 goals in the League, 1 in the League Cup. So much for a 20 goal striker being essential!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    Heidar Helgusson-8 goals in the League, 1 in the League Cup. So much for a 20 goal striker being essential!
    That was my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    That was my point.
    And it's a very good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    And it's a very good point.
    a lot of points actually as we went up