+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: If this is what it is like to be un-electable, then I want some of it.

If this is what it is like to be un-electable, then I want some of it.

Re: If this is what it is like to be un-electable, then I want some of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott David View Post
    Oh come on,you know full well that being cheered by about 4,000 of your own supporters doesn't make you electable!!!

So on the same basis, you want some of Donald Trump? He gets a great reception from his supporters!

He's got about as many followers as you.

You'd probably do a better job of running the Labour Party as well.

Plus the ladies would prefer you - especially in that vest.

Is it too late for you to make a last minute bid?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    He's got about as many followers as you.

You'd probably do a better job of running the Labour Party as well.

Plus the ladies would prefer you - especially in that vest.

Is it too late for you to make a last minute bid?
    Funny you should mention that. I was thinking about my first f*** earlier.

But being ginger it will probably never happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    So on the same basis, you want some of Donald Trump? He gets a great reception from his supporters!
    Difference being that Trump has not outlined any real policies whereas the majority of the public support many of those Corbyn has, as well as a number of economists. The other key difference being that Trump would be an embarrassment to progressive Americans while Corbyn would not be an embarrassment in representing the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Difference being that Trump has not outlined any real policies whereas the majority of the public support many of those Corbyn has, as well as a number of economists. The other key difference being that Trump would be an embarrassment to progressive Americans while Corbyn would not be an embarrassment in representing the UK.
    By economists I take it you mean Corbin's advisory council including David Blanchflower Richard Murphy and Simon Wren-Lewis.

According to this article by Blanchflower it no longer exists. Blanchflower now seems unimpressed by Corbynomics and I read a recent article by Murphy where he also seemed disillusioned with Corbyn

www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/aug/02/i-advised-jeremy-corbyn-economics-team-learn-fast--no-credible-plan-labour-leadership

You may feel that Corbyn would not be an embarrassment.

Many would disagree!!
    Last edited by Elwood Blues; 23-08-16 at 20:22.

Sorry messed up the link to Blanchflower article

Another go
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...our-leadership

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    By economists I take it you mean Corbin's advisory council including David Blanchflower Richard Murphy and Simon Wren-Lewis.

According to this article by Blanchflower it no longer exists. Blanchflower now seems unimpressed by Corbynomics and I read a recent article by Murphy where he also seemed disillusioned with Corbyn

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...our-leadership

Many would disagree!!
    The embarrassment is for voters to find out that nothing will change and it will just be business as usual.

Corbyn appeals to those who have seen enough and experienced enough, people who are sick to death with politics and business as usual.

" Incidentally, if there were even the slightest prospect that he could become prime minister, the bond and equity markets would eat him for lunch."

This should enrage voters and supporters who are hoping for change and is indicative of all that is wrong with politics in our country.

The embarrassment is for voters to find out that nothing will change and it will just be business as usual.

Corbyn appeals to those who have seen enough and experienced enough, people who are sick to death with politics and business as usual.

" Incidentally, if there were even the slightest prospect that he could become prime minister, the bond and equity markets would eat him for lunch."

This should enrage voters and supporters who are hoping for change and is indicative of all that is wrong with politics in our country.
    I don't disagree that there is a great deal wrong with politics and business in this country,or indeed worldwide.

I do disagree that a Corbyn government would be the solution.

Blog Entries

Yeah that's what we want enraged voters, are you going to morph in to Russell Brand soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Yeah that's what we want enraged voters, are you going to morph in to Russell Brand soon?
    Listen Rosa Klebb I'm reappraising our relationship at present...

Blog Entries

Listen Rosa Klebb I'm reappraising our relationship at present...
    If I'm Rosa Klebb I'm guessing you think you're James Bond?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    He has real policies outside nationalising the railways? Which under EU law would be illegal. Granted we may be leaving EU.

Thats about all I have heard besides rhetoric.

And with regards to being an embarrassment, there is definately some juxtaposition with those 2. but both have the same ability to be a strong successful leader, as they do an embarrassment to their country and to the world. I am more likely to vote JC than any previous leader, but he have massive potential to be too stubborn and embarrass the country.
    Last edited by Barry Dragon; 24-08-16 at 08:19.

If I'm Rosa Klebb I'm guessing you think you're James Bond?
    A sad sign of old age is when you no longer see Rosa Klebb (Lotte Lenya c1963) as a horrible old hag but as a lively and possibly dangerous amoureuse.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    A sad sign of old age is when you no longer see Rosa Klebb (Lotte Lenya c1963) as a horrible old hag but as a lively and possibly dangerous amoureuse.
    How did you see Dolly from Moonraker, with or without braces?? from memory, not google.

How did you see Dolly from Moonraker, with or without braces?? from memory, not google.
    I've never seen Moonraker so I had to google. Now I wish I hadn't. She looks almost as stupid and weird as most of our female MPs. When you get older you find that common sense in a woman is a very attractive trait.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    I've never seen Moonraker so I had to google. Now I wish I hadn't. She looks almost as stupid and weird as most of our female MPs. When you get older you find that common sense in a woman is a very attractive trait.
    Ahh that would explain the queue from my front door to Barry Island

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...our-leadership

Many would disagree!!
    40 plus economists backed Corbyn's plan and while not a huge number is enough to suggest the current media view is rashly made. Especially whereas those currently trusted have been able to miss target after target which lead to borrowing from Ed Balls and blaming the influence of the global economy but face no serious ramifications.