+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freedoms?

Freedoms?

Where are the freedoms that we had in the 70's and 80's? Increasingly we are seeing freedoms that we all took for granted in the UK increasingly coming under attack. Freedom of speech is one that people see as one of the most noticeable of our freedoms that slowly but surely is being curtailed.

They're not on the road yet, but some believe it is just a matter of time before there will be some serious clampdowns on what you are and are not allowed to talk about on social media.

https://twitter.com/londontaxitrade/...20647892013056

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rynxqdNMry4

Blog Entries

Re: Freedoms?

Quote Originally Posted by Splott David View Post
    Where are the freedoms that we had in the 70's and 80's? Increasingly we are seeing freedoms that we all took for granted in the UK increasingly coming under attack. Freedom of speech is one that people see as one of the most noticeable of our freedoms that slowly but surely is being curtailed.

They're not on the road yet, but some believe it is just a matter of time before there will be some serious clampdowns on what you are and are not allowed to talk about on social media.

https://twitter.com/londontaxitrade/...20647892013056

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rynxqdNMry4
    Yeah by all the lefties

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Yeah by all the lefties
    Oi Mrs, you're the one who enticed me into your 'leftie blog'

Blog Entries

Oi Mrs, you're the one who enticed me into your 'leftie blog'

What? I don't have a lefty blog, I'm not even a lefty, I've learnt not to help them now, can I entice you to join me in that?

What? I don't have a lefty blog, I'm not even a lefty, I've learnt not to help them now, can I entice you to join me in that?
    I know a leftie when I see one. You're more of a leftie than Leon Trotsky was. It's okay you're amongst frwiends comrade commissar...

Blog Entries

I know a leftie when I see one. You're more of a leftie than Leon Trotsky was. It's okay you're amongst frwiends comrade commissar...
    Bullshit, just ask goslow

Banned

Bullshit, just ask goslow

I don't get involved in domestics

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    I don't get involved in domestics
    Domestics? wtf

Feel free to express some of your right-wing views in this thread by the way, David is all for free speech.

Banned

Domestics? wtf

Feel free to express some of your right-wing views in this thread by the way, David is all for free speech.

As long as you agree with the shill

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    As long as you agree with the shill
    What do you mean?

Banned

What do you mean?

Splotto,the isreali shill,only supports freedom of speech if you agree with him.

Unsure why you think you are any less free. Completely wrong actually.

What were you allowed to say in the 70's and 80's that you cannot now?.

What method did you use to make these statements in the 70's and 80's exactly?.

Because last time I checked only now you have a way of saying things in public - social media.

And only now is it being policed. As it should be.

And you have never been free. Ever. Money, passports, laws etc. You about as free as a north korean in a gulag.

Your last sentence is nonsense. I can't believe you have any memory of the 1970s otherwise you wouldn't ask many of those questions. To get an insight into what was acceptable then have a look at TV shows the like of Till Death Us Do Part and Love Thy Neighbour on Youtube. There's reasons why they are not repeated on terrestrial channels.

My father would say that I have more freedoms in this modern world. Yes you could say more in the dark room back in the 70's. But in general life we have so much more freedoms to enjoy.

What freedoms have been taken from you SD. How has it effected you. I am too young to even be alive back then, so please educate me.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Your last sentence is nonsense. I can't believe you have any memory of the 1970s otherwise you wouldn't ask many of those questions. To get an insight into what was acceptable then have a look at TV shows the like of Till Death Us Do Part and Love Thy Neighbour on Youtube. There's reasons why they are not repeated on terrestrial channels.
    "Cardiff City" written in Persian Farsi, does seem to have a habit of wearing his ignorance like an Olympic gold medal for all to see Organ.

Freedoms, in what context? It certainly isn't privacy wise. We are the most watched people on the planet.

Domestics? wtf

Free speech doesn't mean freedom to read. All are welcome to free speech and freedom of expression, no one is compelled to read it

"Cardiff City" written in Persian Farsi, does seem to have a habit of wearing his ignorance like an Olympic gold medal for all to see Organ.
    What have I said that is ignorant you absolute bap.

I actually regard factual evidence as basis for my opinions.

Not made up conspiracy theories of a 15 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by شهرستان کاردیف View Post
    What have I said that is ignorant you absolute bap.

I actually regard factual evidence as basis for my opinions.

Not made up conspiracy theories of a 15 year old.
    Organ dealt with your last post quite effectively. He did the same with a previous screed and rant that you posted a few days ago.

Organ dealt with your last post quite effectively. He did the same with a previous screed and rant that you posted a few days ago.
    You rant all day every day on that twitter account.

Obviously old farts have no idea about what was and wasnt allowed throughout the MTV era.

Far worse than some old crap with jolly racism.

C4 had a programme not so long ago with people shagging in boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Freedoms, in what context? It certainly isn't privacy wise. We are the most watched people on the planet.
    So CCTV watching you is a trespass on your freedom? Granted internet monitoring is prevalent in this day and age. But you didn't have internet in the 70s. So the method of free speech available to you in the 70's are still free today as they were then, are they not?

And what exactly do you have to worry about about being watched on the internet? Unless you believe in the conspiracy of the thought police. 99.99% of people have absolutely nothing that will be watched and looked over.

If we look at what else is different about the 70's and now, Paedos for example. Back then free to abuse almost openly. Today the internet has made this easier for them. Should we allow paedos free passage on the internet to share children. Or should it be policed? So that certain crimes can be targeted. Policing has convicted hundreds, and saved thousands of children. I know your concern SD is that the thought police will make everything a crime and convict us all. Well please leave that type of paranoia to where it came from, in the USA. The government are not out to get us all.

You rant all day every day on that twitter account.

Obviously old farts have no idea about what was and wasnt allowed throughout the MTV era.

Far worse than some old crap with jolly racism.

C4 had a programme not so long ago with people shagging in boxes.
    Here's just five for you:

2006 Terrorism Act https://www.article19.org/data/files...-icj-panel.pdf

Freedom of expression and protection of privacy over the Internet is guaranteed by UK law. Nevertheless that hasn't stopped the government from increasingly implementing surveillance and filtering.

In 2011, a series of privacy injunctions, so called 'super injunctions', were introduced thereby preventing the public's right to know about certain events or incidents which could be in the public interest, i.e. previously able to have been reported on.

In 2016 the government moved to stop publicly funded organisations boycotting companies they consider "unethical".

Also in 2016 the government announced plans to ban "any public authority from imposing a boycott on a country signed up to the World Trade Organisation government procurement agreement".

As said, how is this comparable to the 70's, when the internet was not around?.

Who is to say in the cold war era that the surveillance would be less than now?????

Terrible question, but is paedophilia freedom of expression?.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 23-08-16 at 13:41.

Here's just five for you:

2006 Terrorism Act https://www.article19.org/data/files...-icj-panel.pdf

Freedom of expression and protection of privacy over the Internet is guaranteed by UK law. Nevertheless that hasn't stopped the government from increasingly implementing surveillance and filtering.

In 2011, a series of privacy injunctions, so called 'super injunctions', were introduced thereby preventing the public's right to know about certain events or incidents which could be in the public interest, i.e. previously able to have been reported on.

In 2016 the government moved to stop publicly funded organisations boycotting companies they consider "unethical".

Also in 2016 the government announced plans to ban "any public authority from imposing a boycott on a country signed up to the World Trade Organisation government procurement agreement".
    Sounds like they are simply updating existing policies for a modern technology and threat.

They carried out propaganda before this and way before the 70's. Only today its more out in the open for everyone to see what they are doing. so people like you can spend a lifetime (is that all its been, feels like several) tracking what happens and bring the occasional thing to everyones attention. Aint it great the freedom we have to question and to hold our government to rite. Never had that in the 70's. You would be beaten by a baton instead.

As said, how is this comparable to the 70's, when the internet was not around?.

Who is to say in the cold war era that the surveillance would be less than now?????

Terrible question, but is paedophilia freedom of expression?.
    I won't dignify that last point with a response.

However when it comes to 'freedoms' they take many forms as practices that were commonplace in the 70's and to some extent in the 80's, as far as union collective bargaining is concerned, have now been adversely affected in the UK as a result of the EU's bias towards capital rather than labour.

http://www.tuaeu.co.uk/the-terrible-...-union-rights/