+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freedoms?

Re: Freedoms?

Quote Originally Posted by Splott David View Post
    I won't dignify that last point with a response.

However when it comes to 'freedoms' they take many forms as practices that were commonplace in the 70's and to some extent in the 80's, as far as union collective bargaining is concerned, have now been adversely affected in the UK as a result of the EU's bias towards capital rather than labour.

http://www.tuaeu.co.uk/the-terrible-...-union-rights/
    You won't dignify it with a response.

Yet you want an unpoliced internet.

That is why it is policed. To stop horrid things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    So CCTV watching you is a trespass on your freedom? Granted internet monitoring is prevalent in this day and age. But you didn't have internet in the 70s. So the method of free speech available to you in the 70's are still free today as they were then, are they not?

And what exactly do you have to worry about about being watched on the internet? Unless you believe in the conspiracy of the thought police. 99.99% of people have absolutely nothing that will be watched and looked over.

If we look at what else is different about the 70's and now, Paedos for example. Back then free to abuse almost openly. Today the internet has made this easier for them. Should we allow paedos free passage on the internet to share children. Or should it be policed? So that certain crimes can be targeted. Policing has convicted hundreds, and saved thousands of children. I know your concern SD is that the thought police will make everything a crime and convict us all. Well please leave that type of paranoia to where it came from, in the USA. The government are not out to get us all.
    Credit to you for not writing the line, 'if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear.' But that's the angle you're coming from. I'll go with whistleblower Edward Snowden's assertion that British snoops are even more invasive than their Yank counterparts and that Tempora is real and more powerful than Prism.

Free speech, absolute free speech, has never existed. I'm not going to answer stuff directed at Splott Dai as he's able to articulate his own opinions, plus I don't wish to humour your delusions that he and I are the same person.

Quote Originally Posted by شهرستان کاردیف View Post
    You won't dignify it with a response.

Yet you want an unpoliced internet.

That is why it is policed. To stop horrid things like that.
    Which part of "Freedom of expression and protection of privacy over the Internet is guaranteed by UK law" was it that you did not understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Credit to you for not writing the line, 'if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear.' But that's the angle you're coming from. I'll go with whistleblower Edward Snowden's assertion that British snoops are even more invasive than their Yank counterparts and that Tempora is real and more powerful than Prism.

Free speech, absolute free speech, has never existed. I'm not going to answer stuff directed at Splott Dai as he's able to articulate his own opinions, plus I don't wish to humour your delusions that he and I are the same person.
    I used to hate the idea of my emails being watched, but I couldn't really give a toss. I even email the occasional thing that is likely to get highlighted so that they can read my nonsense emails.

But it is true. As it is there is nowt to bother yourselves with. And I know the point is more where its heading. What will they do in the future. They wont be arsed to make sure everyone is moving to the same beat. Playing the same tune.

Yes it has been abused already. I remember reading that a council used some snooping powers they had to try and prove that someone didn't live where they said they did to get a place in a school. And the more they are used the matter of fact it can become. We do need people watching out for our civil liberties. But we dont all need to be worrying about it like some think we should be. For a start life is simply too bloody short to not be living your life, and instead wasting it worrying about being watched.

Which part of "Freedom of expression and protection of privacy over the Internet is guaranteed by UK law" was it that you did not understand?
    And we are all the trolls? ??

And we are all the trolls? ??
    Ah the chemical connections in your brain have finally worked out that Organ and I are not one and the same person.

So what is the actual purpose of this thread?.

So what is the actual purpose of this thread?.
    The posts and links demonstrate where freedoms, both social and workplace, have been denuded over the course of the last 30 years or so.

I used to hate the idea of my emails being watched, but I couldn't really give a toss. I even email the occasional thing that is likely to get highlighted so that they can read my nonsense emails.

But it is true. As it is there is nowt to bother yourselves with. And I know the point is more where its heading. What will they do in the future. They wont be arsed to make sure everyone is moving to the same beat. Playing the same tune.

Yes it has been abused already. I remember reading that a council used some snooping powers they had to try and prove that someone didn't live where they said they did to get a place in a school. And the more they are used the matter of fact it can become. We do need people watching out for our civil liberties. But we dont all need to be worrying about it like some think we should be. For a start life is simply too bloody short to not be living your life, and instead wasting it worrying about being watched.
    Councils use (misuse) RIPA, The Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000. There's scarier ones than that on the statute book, namely The Civil Contingencies Act 2004, the equivalent of the Patriot Act in the USA (which, incidentally, must have been written before 9-11 given its length at over one million words).

It's heading for blanket facial and gait and walking recognition cameras in urban areas and drones covering the countryside. All for our safety and protection, of course.

Most crimes are committed in private homes, it would be logical then for the state to install them inside addresses using any number of pretences. The nothing to hide/fear maxim would be employed. I suppose the ultimate aim is to microchip everyone to track their movements. Gradualism's been the name of the game. We can only hope they are in no hurry to implement the Mark of the Beast.

I agree about not worrying about what might happen. Nevertheless, I think it's prudent to make some provisions. The German government seem to think so too. The link below is from today.

Germans told to 'stockpile food and water' in civil defence plan - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...ood-and-water/

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Your last sentence is nonsense. I can't believe you have any memory of the 1970s otherwise you wouldn't ask many of those questions. To get an insight into what was acceptable then have a look at TV shows the like of Till Death Us Do Part and Love Thy Neighbour on Youtube. There's reasons why they are not repeated on terrestrial channels.
    http://www.thecanary.co/2016/08/25/t...out-traingate/

So dozens of posts and no actual examples of where our freedoms have got worse comparable to the 70s.

Come on can we have some solids examples of where the average person has less freedom.

So dozens of posts and no actual examples of where our freedoms have got worse comparable to the 70s.

Come on can we have some solids examples of where the average person has less freedom.
    Technology has changed everything and he cannot distinguish between physical freedoms then, and virtual freedoms now.

In other words, he's talking poo.

I read rumours on various sites that the USA may be handing over ICANN numbers to countries not so liberal regarding freedoms, get ready for the internet kill switch!!!

Technology has changed everything and he cannot distinguish between physical freedoms then, and virtual freedoms now.

In other words, he's talking poo.
    For the benefit of yourself and Baz, I gave you examples with those TV shows. You're likely both too young to remember them. You're certainly too idle to do the tiniest bit of research or view just a few minutes of the episodes on Youtube otherwise you'd have a clue.

I'll save you boys the bother... I was on about political correctness. The leading character in those shows were fond of referring to black people as coons and nig-nogs. The irony is those characters were drawn for viewers to laugh at their ignorance. But it turned out that a substantial number couldn't figure it out for themselves and heartily agreed with their racist views and absurd narrowmindedness of general life.