+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: TV series recommendations

Re: TV series recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Would you judge me if I said I always take it?
    Well you are a Barry girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Gomorrah , best thing I have watched on the TV for years . Can't think of anything that comes close
    That's got some good reviews, I might have to give it a looksie.

Blog Entries

Gomorrah , best thing I have watched on the TV for years . Can't think of anything that comes close
    Does this have any of the following from Steve's no no list?
    Set in the future
    Set in the past
    Set in space
    Zombies
    Wizards
    Sharks
    The apocalypse
    Anyone with pointy ears

If so.. sodom

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Well you are a Barry girl.

I'm halfway through "The Expanse" netflix original series , sci fi series based on the book .Really enjoying it so far

Hundreds of years in the future, things are different than what we are used to after humans have colonized the solar system and Mars has become an independent military power. Rising tensions between Earth and Mars have put them on the brink of war. Against this backdrop, a hardened detective and a rogue ship's captain come together to investigate the case of a missing young woman. The investigation leads them on a race across the solar system that could expose the greatest conspiracy in human history.

Lee Nelson on channel 4 at 10pm tonight looks good

'The Sullivans' End of thread.

^^

Second season not quite as good as the first but still unbelievably good - especially if you're a fan of the Sopranos.

Quote Originally Posted by darran1927 View Post
    I'm halfway through "The Expanse" netflix original series , sci fi series based on the book .Really enjoying it so far

Hundreds of years in the future, things are different than what we are used to after humans have colonized the solar system and Mars has become an independent military power. Rising tensions between Earth and Mars have put them on the brink of war. Against this backdrop, a hardened detective and a rogue ship's captain come together to investigate the case of a missing young woman. The investigation leads them on a race across the solar system that could expose the greatest conspiracy in human history.
    Sounds a bit like a rip-off of Babylon 5. - Now THAT was a good SF series!

Quote Originally Posted by darran1927 View Post

I enjoyed that too - watched it last year.

I have read all the books (Book 6 - Babylon's Ashes due out in October 2017) and got hooked.

I can't see any reference to a second series on DVD/BluRay though. Have you?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

I have read all the books (Book 6 - Babylon's Ashes due out in October 2017) and got hooked.

It started on the syfy channel in the US recently, episode 3 aired the other night.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    It started on the syfy channel in the US recently, episode 3 aired the other night.
    Thanks. Just had a look at a few sites giving details of the S2 dates on Netflix (which I haven't got) and US syfy. I always seem to miss these series on UK syfy - but at least it looks likely there will be a BluRay of S2 out some time. The only DVDs I saw for S1 were Region 1. It is the best science fiction drama series since Battlestar Galactica (2004 remake).

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

I looked up online apparently should be on uk netflix April/May time , so I'm gueesing dvd/bluray release around the same time

Curb your enthusiasm = brilliant

New season coming this year too

the man in the high castle on amazon is well worth a watch

I've just started "Black Sails" which is a pequel to Treasure Island seems good so far

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Curb your enthusiasm = brilliant

New season coming this year too
    cheers didnt know there was a new series coming

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    cheers didnt know there was a new series coming
    They started filming last Autumn. I can't wait.

1 seasons on Netflix and the other 2 are on sky box sets.

Half way through the 1st season and it has a true detective season 1 vibe. Watch it, i'd recommend.

Me and the Mrs got through Stranger things in a few days - great show. I recently finished Narcos in a few days too, again brilliant. The Night of is a bit slow, but looks like it is going to get good. Will take a look at Gomarrah next.
    Spedger

For those into their foreign language shows, have a look at Walter Presents on 4oD/All4. Selection of the best foreign language stuff from around the world. "Deutschland 83" is a great one to start on - part Cold War spy thriller / part coming of age tale with a great soundtrack. "Resistance" is another, about the various cells of the French resistance in the Second World War. Told through the eyes of a fictional character but all the supporting cast were real people and what happened to them is real.

Of the ones already mentioned, "Fargo" I would definitely recommend - such an underrated show and a great spin on the original film.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Will have to check this out been watching lost the last 3 weeks been hooked on it but very frustrating
    This was great, though slow at times. Looking forward to season 2.
    Spedger

Lethal Weapon starting tonight at 9 on ITV.

Much better than you imagine it will be, but only once passed the first episode which is a re telling of the original film.
    It really does develop into a really good series.

Lethal Weapon starting tonight at 9 on ITV.

Much better than you imagine it will be, but only once passed the first episode which is a re telling of the original film.
    It really does develop into a really good series.
    Wow, you weren't joking http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week9/lethal-weapon

Sadly lacking in that trailer were the frequent saxophone and electric guitar riffs so liberally splashed around in the movie

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Wow, you weren't joking http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week9/lethal-weapon

Sadly lacking in that trailer were the frequent saxophone and electric guitar riffs so liberally splashed around in the movie

The soundtrack of the first film was pure squealing instruments, if it didn't squeal then it had no place.

Its well worth a watch, if only for Murtaugh's wife who is stunning.

The soundtrack of the first film was pure squealing instruments, if it didn't squeal then it had no place.

Its well worth a watch, if only for Murtaugh's wife who is stunning.
    I watched the first episode but couldn't take any more after 20 mins of the second episode. Not for me this.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    I watched the first episode but couldn't take any more after 20 mins of the second episode. Not for me this.
    Fully understand, but it does improve.