+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: TV series recommendations

TV series recommendations

Go and indulge yourself in 'Stranger Things' and 'The Night Of', both solid 9/10's easy.

Re: TV series recommendations

cheers, will check out.

Need more information before purchasing. Lots of questions, top of the list is do either of those series feature any tits out action?

The best series on tv by a mile during the last 15 years was, 'Spooks.' Spooks, a term for MI5 agents, excellently showed the working relationship between MI5, MI6, the Home Office, Foreign Office and foreign governments. There were ten series. Below is the first episode of Series #1.

https://youtu.be/ue1wRhk_9T4

StT.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Need more information before purchasing. Lots of questions, top of the list is do either of those series feature any tits out action?
    Did you see Fleabag? watched the first 2 the other night, when I first put it on and she spoke to the camera I thought it was going to be crap (I'm not normally a fan of that kind of tv) but it was quite amusing and rude so it might be up your street.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/on-demand...diary--review/

Shades of blue looks good. Stan Lee's Lucky man first series was worth a watch. Hope they do a follow up series. Grimm and Banshee are the biz too.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Did you see Fleabag? watched the first 2 the other night, when I first put it on and she spoke to the camera I thought it was going to be crap (I'm not normally a fan of that kind of tv) but it was quite amusing and rude so it might be up your street.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/on-demand...diary--review/
    Thanks for the recommendation. The review hinted at there being nipples on display so iPlayer here I cum, come rather.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Go and indulge yourself in 'Stranger Things' and 'The Night Of', both solid 9/10's easy.
    Absolutely dying to see Stranger Things. Was wondering when that was going to get a mention on here. I might have to get back on Netflix as I don't think it's going to get a physical release.

What's "The Night of" about?

The Colonel recommended The People Vs OJ Simpson on here. Binged on that and thought it was great.

Hoping the 3rd True Detective gets close to season one.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Absolutely dying to see Stranger Things. Was wondering when that was going to get a mention on here. I might have to get back on Netflix as I don't think it's going to get a physical release.

What's "The Night of" about?

The Colonel recommended The People Vs OJ Simpson on here. Binged on that and thought it was great.

Hoping the 3rd True Detective gets close to season one.
    Stranger Things is superb; the script, actors, characters, genre, music, shots - honestly didn't expect it to be that good. A proper nostalgic trip if you grew up in the 80s. The child actors are brilliant for what it's worth and you don't get that cheesy representation you so often see in Hollywood.

'The Night Of' is about a Pakistani guy who picks up a girl on his way to a college party, gets sidetracked and goes back to hers. Bit of drugs and drink, wakes up in the kitchen around 2am. Goes back to the bedroom and finds the girl brutally stabbed to death - the whole series is based around him (& his wayward lawyer) trying to determine his innocence and what actually happened during that night. Season finale is on this sunday, there are only 7 episodes so far and the pilot is 90 mins I seem to remember. Again this is a really good watch, acting is pretty superb in this one.

Narcos was decent. Series 2 out in September.

Loved Stranger Things, just couldn't get into The Night Of,may give it another spin though as ive only heard good things about it.
    Recent things ive enjoyed are Outcast and Preacher. both highly recomended.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Loved Stranger Things, just couldn't get into The Night Of,may give it another spin though as ive only heard good things about it.
    Was looking at Preacher the other day but haven't given it a go yet, will do soon

Line of duty
    Homeland
    If you want tits, then it's game of thrones for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    The best series on tv by a mile during the last 15 years was, 'Spooks.' Spooks, a term for MI5 agents, excellently showed the working relationship between MI5, MI6, the Home Office, Foreign Office and foreign governments. There were ten series. Below is the first episode of Series #1.

https://youtu.be/ue1wRhk_9T4

StT.
    I agree with this! Actually gets better as it goes along too. Not to far off reality as well.

This may not go down too well but having been off work for nine weeks the best thing I watched in that time was Hinterland. Thought it had the right mix of suspense, jingoism and intrigue. Also liked Endeavour. Oh, and Southlands - American show but not polished and 'fun' like NCIS and that kind of wank.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Preacher is on the list. Used to read the comics when I was a teen. Love Joe Gilgun

Blue in the Face

Stranger Things is superb; the script, actors, characters, genre, music, shots - honestly didn't expect it to be that good. A proper nostalgic trip if you grew up in the 80s. The child actors are brilliant for what it's worth and you don't get that cheesy representation you so often see in Hollywood.

'The Night Of' is about a Pakistani guy who picks up a girl on his way to a college party, gets sidetracked and goes back to hers. Bit of drugs and drink, wakes up in the kitchen around 2am. Goes back to the bedroom and finds the girl brutally stabbed to death - the whole series is based around him (& his wayward lawyer) trying to determine his innocence and what actually happened during that night. Season finale is on this sunday, there are only 7 episodes so far and the pilot is 90 mins I seem to remember. Again this is a really good watch, acting is pretty superb in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Preacher is on the list. Used to read the comics when I was a teen. Love Joe Gilgun
    Its only like the comics in spirit,brilliantly done though.
    Storylines are nothing like the comic. The final episode is the closest ive ever seen a tv show bring a comic book sensibility to the screen,its utterly mental.

Stranger Things is amazing can't wait for 2nd series

I am loving 'Lie to me' with Tim Roth.

Watching at least 3 episodes a night.

I loved stranger things, though I wonder if that's to do with me growing up in the 80's. I do wonder whether those who grew up in the early 70s or earlier, or in the 90's would get the same enjoyment.

I'm going to throw Tyrant into the mix, have really enjoyed this series.

Wasn't Stranger Things on Netflix?

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Wasn't Stranger Things on Netflix?
    yes it's a Netflix show

Watched Gotham last night on netflix.

Seems to be pretty good.

I'd recommend Twin Peaks off Amazon (like £10 for them all) or on Sky box sets.

First season of True Detective is my favourite of all time though.

Sopranos and the wire the best overall.

Quote Originally Posted by شهرستان کاردیف View Post
    Watched Gotham last night on netflix.

Seems to be pretty good.
    Ye it's a slow burner but gets really good