+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: TV series recommendations

Re: TV series recommendations

Netflix.

Good entertainment but it is an extreme struggle to avoid the Pro Americanism of it grinding.

As always the usual characters are made to look the bad guys within minutes and america the saviours. I knew Iran would be brought up within minutes of watching.

I haven't watched them all yet mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Just finished the whole of Californication in about three weeks.

Really enjoyed it. Not the greatest thing I've ever watched but some real laugh out loud moments, great characters and sharp writing make it well worth a look.

Oh, and if you like fine looking young women with their titties on show then it's got that as well.
    My friend has been going on about this for years. Saying that he uses tactics in it on nights out.

I watched a few of them. The main guy was sitting in bar and he got turned down by a girl. In his pit of despair, he looks up and browses the room, to see a 10/10 girl licking her lips at him. Naturally.

I am sorry but I can't take it seriously. Either that or I am just bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    My friend has been going on about this for years. Saying that he uses tactics in it on nights out.

I watched a few of them. The main guy was sitting in bar and he got turned down by a girl. In his pit of despair, he looks up and browses the room, to see a 10/10 girl licking her lips at him. Naturally.

I am sorry but I can't take it seriously. Either that or I am just bitter.

I don't think it's factual.

My first impressions weren't great - I thought it would be just another cheesy American show where everyone has perfect teeth. However once you get into it, you realise it's basically mocking that 'American dream' bullshit and doesn't take itself seriously in any way.

P.s that stuff happens to me all the time. Maybe you're just an ugly git?

My first impressions weren't great - I thought it would be just another cheesy American show where everyone has perfect teeth. However once you get into it, you realise it's basically mocking that 'American dream' bullshit and doesn't take itself seriously in any way.

Love his agent and agents wife in this, brilliant double act.

That might have something to do with it

I'll probably give it another go. Each episode is short and I didn't give it much of a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Love his agent and agents wife in this, brilliant double act.
    Charlie Runkle is one the greatest characters to ever grace the small screen.

Him and Marcy are the real stars of the show.

Just binged on season one and two of Narcos. Brilliant. It's crazy how you're still rooting for Escobar right up to the end even after all the horrific shit he's done and when you already know the outcome.

Wagner Moura was the dogs bollocks in Narcos and will be a big miss when Narcos 3 arrives on our screens later this year. Best thing I have watched in ages.

Currently watching "Taboo" with Tom Hardy.
    Episode 5 is tomorrow night on BBC1 but the first 4 episodes are available on iplayer.
    Well worth a watch.

Watched 7 episodes of Narcos today. Me and Mrs watched 4 episodes of Stranger Things last night and will watch a shed full tonight. Brilliant recommendations fellas.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Wagner Moura was the dogs bollocks in Narcos and will be a big miss when Narcos 3 arrives on our screens later this year. Best thing I have watched in ages.
    It's not going to be the same watching the Cali Cartel. I already want them to fail.

A lot of good recommendations but the best thing I've seen in a while is Vikings
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2306299/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Has anyone else watched The OA on Netflix?

If so, can someone explain what the fekin hell I wasted near 8 hrs on..
    Got bored after the first 3 episodes but as it was only 8 I was determined to finish it and get some answers to what it was about.

Nope , nothing.

Recently I have been watching:
    No Offence - Brilliant
    Unforgotten - Brilliant
    Apple Tree Yard (recorded last nights)

Next week sees the return of Walking Dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Has anyone else watched The OA on Netflix?

If so, can someone explain what the fekin hell I wasted near 8 hrs on..
    Got bored after the first 3 episodes but as it was only 8 I was determined to finish it and get some answers to what it was about.

Nope , nothing.
    I also wasted my time on this, apparently these days in movies and TV it's too much to ask for a fvcking ending or any form of explanation or closure. I blame 'Lost' for this new brand of show where the writers just splurge out a load of nonsense with no ending in mind just to see if the show will get a 2nd or 3rd season.

Blog Entries

Has anyone seen Sneaky Pete? great series, we have one left to watch tonight, it's been renewed for a 2nd season.

https://www.facebook.com/SneakyPeteTV/

Frequency. Really good series similar to the film trying to catch the nightingale killer.
    Her dad is a copper and gets killed and many years later she is a copper and brings out her dad's old radio ham set and starts talking to her dad from the past before he is killed.
    History changes and instead of her dad dying her mum is murdered. Brilliant series. Series 2 out next year

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=0usVQX3vRys
    Last edited by uncle bob; 07-02-17 at 17:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    I also wasted my time on this, apparently these days in movies and TV it's too much to ask for a fvcking ending or any form of explanation or closure. I blame 'Lost' for this new brand of show where the writers just splurge out a load of nonsense with no ending in mind just to see if the show will get a 2nd or 3rd season.
    Glad to see it wasn't just me then.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Has anyone seen Sneaky Pete? great series, we have one left to watch tonight, it's been renewed for a 2nd season.

https://www.facebook.com/SneakyPeteTV/
    Yeah it was good enough to watch to the end but was still a bit 'paint by numbers', nothing particularly interesting happened in it.

That's my two pence on that Mrs. R, take it or leave it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Yeah it was good enough to watch to the end but was still a bit 'paint by numbers', nothing particularly interesting happened in it.

That's my two pence on that Mrs. R, take it or leave it.
    Well we liked it, you also missed the point that Steve has made it through a series, you don't understand what an achievement that is.

So are you taking it or leaving it Mrs SR? This messageboard demands an answer

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Well we liked it, you also missed the point that Steve has made it through a series, you don't understand what an achievement that is.

^THIS

Inquiring minds want to know.

Blog Entries

Would you judge me if I said I always take it?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Gomorrah is amazing. I love both Fargo series as well. They're the two I've watched most recently.

I'll give stranger things a go..
    Gomorrah , best thing I have watched on the TV for years . Can't think of anything that comes close