Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
You're right to link Snowden and Wikileaks together, particularly as Wikileaks actively intervened to help Snowden when he was stranded in Hong Kong. I too have a few questions about Snowden's status/agenda. He claims to be living with a certain degree of freedom in Russia for now. I'll admit I don't know enough on Snowden and need to learn more before I can have an opinion.

When the military videos of the systemic murder of Iraqi civillians surfaced, I'll admit my first reaction was to ask the same question. Is this a good thing that this is in the public domain? Does this do too much harm? We can ask the same questions of other stuff that has leaked. It's a difficult question. But to answer your question - "what have they actually leaked that has been of any benefit to us?"

I would say the details of the TTIP details are something that simply must be in the public domain. This has come from Wikileaks. Also the revelations in the video in the OP (from around 19 minutes) about Hilary Clinton's involvement selling arms to Isis also must be in the public domain.

TTIP in it's form is something I feel must be stopped. The revelations about the US creating an enemy (and customer) in ISIS in which to later bomb won't be of much of a surprise to anyone who understands the "industrial military complex". If these allegations turn out to be true then I feel the public must know. I want to believe that we are heading toward a freer and more democratic future, but I don't believe that. But I think Wikileaks is an essential thorn in the side of the I.M.C. and impending corporate totalitarianism.

"what have they actually leaked that has been of any benefit to us?" By "us" do you mean "the world" or "US/uk"? While I don't support any regimes opposing the US/uk agenda, I'm not buying the narrative that we are the world's heroes either.
I agree on the TTIP thing but I don't see Wikileaks as a thorn in their side, I can't find all the stuff I had on him atm, must be on my old lappy, will have a look later, or just google Edward Snowden shill, might be quicker