+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Other board poster says meeting called and club will be sold?

Re: Other board poster says meeting called and club will be sold?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Is it possible Tan's plan is to run us cheaply as possible, establish in the premier league, convert debt to equity and sell for a profit? At that point he can go to America and take a much larger stake in the club that he's a part of over there.
    I like the sound of this, but ..

Ankles on the case now. Must be seething he didn't post it first

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Easy.

Set up a limited company, Stick a tenner in of your own money, then borrow £100m off a bank, leveraged against the club. You get to own a football club, the bank makes a few quid, club pays the debt.

I'm surprised no one else has thought of this before.
    q

A tenner you say? Trouble is I'm skint and its still a week till payday. How about a whip round? I'll bung in a quid.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Goes on to say he's messaged ***** on facebook to see if he can find out through his contacts
    How much truth will be in this news? Or are the hits low so needed a story
    Allegedly Its on Amazon Prime s deal of the day,if have Prime, you can get next day delivery on it, thats all I can divulge at this juncture .

Sold to Bellamy?????

Help me out. Is that a wind up joke post (not funny though).

Surely hes not being serious???????????

Quote Originally Posted by Something Blue View Post
    whats the new crows album like "something blue "

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Sold to Bellamy?????

Help me out. Is that a wind up joke post (not funny though).

Surely hes not being serious???????????
    yeh ,Bellers ,must have used amazon prime quickly

No business I've ever worked in has called staff in early to announce a sale and I doubt football clubs inform all staff of a sale first and foremost.

And i was only thinking earlier how quiet he'd been since ***** moved to Spain..

Why couldn't he just respond to the op instead of starting another thread the self loathing twit, I read some of the responses on there and it frightens me that some of the people on there that aren't multi's like wez actually exist

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    I don't think anyone disagrees with that but would Tan call a staff meeting to tell them? I doubt he gives a shit, it's more likely they'd call one to mention redundancies.
    Of course Tan would have to tell his staff if there was a change in ownership, just as he would if there were redundancies to be made. Do you think companies change ownership without ever consulting/telling staff?

Quote Originally Posted by NigelBlues View Post
    No business I've ever worked in has called staff in early to announce a sale and I doubt football clubs inform all staff of a sale first and foremost.
    In any change of ownership situation, the staff have to be informed before the press. I'm not saying Cardiff are about to get rid of Tan (if only), but if Tan had sold the club - the staff would be told before the press and the customers.

^^ Surely that would be the case - if it ever happens. Just as it is elsewhere.

Can't have staff learning of their own redundancies, (nor substantial changes regards their employee) in the news.

Tan's departure will see the return of those of us who despise the bloke!

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    Tan's departure will see the return of those of us who despise the bloke!
    Yep - if Tan said he was leaving tomorrow, I'd be there for Saturday's game against Reading.

Here's hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    ^^ Surely that would be the case - if it ever happens. Just as it is elsewhere.

Can't have staff learning of their own redundancies, (nor substantial changes regards their employee) in the news.
    No, but now they may have learned the possibility of it through carl and twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    No, but now they may have learned the possibility of it through carl and twitter.
    You selfish bastard, a few people having a shit evening worrying about their futures is a small price to pay so Carl can have an eXclusif uPdaTe

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Yep - if Tan said he was leaving tomorrow, I'd be there for Saturday's game against Reading.

Here's hoping.
    Just a thought - but what do you expect from the next owner exactly? For all his faults Tan is the ONLY owner I've known in my time following Cardiff who wasn't really just trying to bleed us dry. His understanding of football culture when he came was woefully lacking and he's made some real howlers of decisions, but offered a choice between Sam and VT I know who I'd choose every time.

So I'd rather VT stayed now he's put right the colours. I'm sorry for those fans who equate the club to one person and can't return because of that, but VT is the best bet we have as a club of not going back to attendances of less than 10k and falling through the leagues.

I also reckon that if he sells then you won't come back anyway because there'll always be something else that's not quite right - like all the others who were going to return when we went back to Blue but were just full of hot air.

You selfish bastard, a few people having a shit evening worrying about their futures is a small price to pay so Carl can have an eXclusif uPdaTe
    Never mind the hoi polloi, where's the concern for Vinny? Rolling cost-cutting measures could indicate the poor dab is down to his last billion.

Of course Tan would have to tell his staff if there was a change in ownership, just as he would if there were redundancies to be made. Do you think companies change ownership without ever consulting/telling staff?
    Tan has never worried about consulting staff, it's his way or no way. Why do you think that would suddenly change?

Is this the same Carl (Carlos to his friends) Curtis who once had a multi called "Staff", spreading negative bullshit whilst appearing to be ITK thus putting people who actually work for the club under suspicion?
    Why the fook would he care about people's feelings if it meant some more hits for the forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Just a thought - but what do you expect from the next owner exactly? For all his faults Tan is the ONLY owner I've known in my time following Cardiff who wasn't really just trying to bleed us dry. His understanding of football culture when he came was woefully lacking and he's made some real howlers of decisions, but offered a choice between Sam and VT I know who I'd choose every time.

So I'd rather VT stayed now he's put right the colours. I'm sorry for those fans who equate the club to one person and can't return because of that, but VT is the best bet we have as a club of not going back to attendances of less than 10k and falling through the leagues.

I also reckon that if he sells then you won't come back anyway because there'll always be something else that's not quite right - like all the others who were going to return when we went back to Blue but were just full of hot air.
    I would like the new owner to respect the club's history and appreciate that the club is more than a commodity and brand and that it simply is not possible for fans to swap football allegiances as if selecting a breakfast cereal.

Not sure why you are equating me with those fans who allegedly said they will go back when the club return to blue. I never said such things, and have always said I will start attending as soon as Tan goes (although I will never again buy a season ticket because of other interests).
    Last edited by Badly Ironed Shirt; 25-08-16 at 22:56.

I would like the new owner to respect the club's history and appreciate that the club is more than a commodity and brand and that it simply is n
    Get real

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Get real
    Plenty of other owners have respected the club and it's fans. It is possible.

I would like the new owner to respect the club's history and appreciate that the club is more than a commodity and brand and that it simply is not possible for fans to swap football allegiances as if selecting a breakfast cereal.

Not sure why you are equating me with those fans who allegedly said they will go back when the club return to blue. I never said such things, and have always said I will start attending as soon as Tan goes (although I will never again buy a season ticket because of other interests).
    Even though you carried on attending after Tan disrespected the clubs history and traditions....