+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Other board poster says meeting called and club will be sold?

Re: Other board poster says meeting called and club will be sold?

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Tan has never worried about consulting staff, it's his way or no way. Why do you think that would suddenly change?
    Because a change of ownership is something that the club would have to tell an employee representative or trade union.

It's Employment Law.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Even though you carried on attending after Tan disrespected the clubs history and traditions....
    As soon as Tan leaves I will go to games again.

Maybe once a season, maybe 23 times a season. Depends what I feel like.
    Last edited by Badly Ironed Shirt; 25-08-16 at 23:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    I would like the new owner to respect the club's history and appreciate that the club is more than a commodity and brand and that it simply is n
    You think Tan doesn't get that now? He tried to apply principles that worked for him in all his other businesses (rebrand, make new and shiny, etc) and it's cost him £10's of millions. He has had the sense to recognise he was wrong and the grace to change it back to what it should be - despite all the abuse sent in his direction. It'd be nice if some of our fans could show the same understanding that everyone can make a mistake, no matter how rich they are.

Oh - and as an aside, there's a fighting chance we could be debt free for the first time ever in a few years time if VT follows up his other £60M write off as promised.

Anyway, there you are, busy inhaling through the space where your nose used to be while others get on with supporting the team, not a person. Life's too short - either move on and do something else with your life, or accept that the fans reactions and actions helped in reversing the colour change, that both sides have experienced pain, and that it's time to just get back to a day out with your mates and stop worrying about the politics of football.

Apologies for the rant but I don't deal well with reasoning that makes everything about one issue when life is never like that. It's destructive and no one wins. In this case the only people now losing are people like yourself, who're fighting an enemy that no longer exists, and the rest of the fans who still go, as there aren't enough people who really care about Cardiff for us to afford to lose any of them.

I hope you can find a way to reconcile the fact that actually the club is busting a gut to try and rebuild bridges with your hatred for one act of a person who would otherwise be a hero to us all. I thought he was destined for legend status in a good way after the League Cup final but he just didn't understand the situation at the time and was arrogant enough to believe he was always right. That's a human failing, not just a Vinnie one.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    You think Tan doesn't get that now? He tried to apply principles that worked for him in all his other businesses (rebrand, make new and shiny, etc) and it's cost him £10's of millions. He has had the sense to recognise he was wrong and the grace to change it back to what it should be - despite all the abuse sent in his direction. It'd be nice if some of our fans could show the same understanding that everyone can make a mistake, no matter how rich they are.

Oh - and as an aside, there's a fighting chance we could be debt free for the first time ever in a few years time if VT follows up his other £60M write off as promised.

Anyway, there you are, busy inhaling through the space where your nose used to be while others get on with supporting the team, not a person. Life's too short - either move on and do something else with your life, or accept that the fans reactions and actions helped in reversing the colour change, that both sides have experienced pain, and that it's time to just get back to a day out with your mates and stop worrying about the politics of football.

Apologies for the rant but I don't deal well with reasoning that makes everything about one issue when life is never like that. It's destructive and no one wins. In this case the only people now losing are people like yourself, who're fighting an enemy that no longer exists, and the rest of the fans who still go, as there aren't enough people who really care about Cardiff for us to afford to lose any of them.

I hope you can find a way to reconcile the fact that actually the club is busting a gut to try and rebuild bridges with your hatred for one act of a person who would otherwise be a hero to us all. I thought he was destined for legend status in a good way after the League Cup final but he just didn't understand the situation at the time and was arrogant enough to believe he was always right. That's a human failing, not just a Vinnie one.
    And so my polite reasoning is met with a rant that includes a bizarre referenceto a lost nose!

Tan's mum got the colours back to blue after a crowd of barely 4000 watched a cup tie. Grace?

The issues (PLURAL) Tan brought to the club are still relevant. Have a glance at the unused stand on Saturday then come here and tell me they are not relevant.

And so my polite reasoning is met with a rant that includes a bizarre referenceto a lost nose!

Tan's mum got the colours back to blue after a crowd of barely 4000 watched a cup tie. Grace?

The issues (PLURAL) Tan brought to the club are still relevant. Have a glance at the unused stand on Saturday then come here and tell me they are not relevant.
    You are correct - I apologise for my lack of civility. I still think you're cutting off your nose to spite your face (I thought it was a common saying but clearly not any more) but I hope you enjoy your weekend anyhow.

I still think you're cutting off your nose to spite your face (I thought it was a common saying but clearly not any more) but I hope you enjoy your weekend anyhow.
    Considering how miserable the experience of watching Tans Cardiff win promotion in that last season, it really isn't the case.

Have a good weekend too!

there's a fighting chance we could be debt free for the first time ever in a few years time if VT follows up his other £60M write off as promised.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    You selfish bastard, a few people having a shit evening worrying about their futures is a small price to pay so Carl can have an eXclusif uPdaTe
    Yeah, sorry.
    Don't know what i was thinking there.
    All power to our lEAdeR

Must say that someone on the other board made a good point when they asked how LeFondre, Macheda and Dikcacoi, on their alleged £25k a week salaries, feel about junior staff at the club having to, apparently, lose their jobs as the club look to cut back on expenses?

We appoint a manager who completely ignores the Academy for nearly two years, then he leaves amid talk of an increased emphasis on youth development and three months later it looks like we are making staff cuts at that level - typical Cardiff City type financial management, one extreme to the other with the only constant being if it can be cocked up, City will find the way to do it.

Jesus it's a quiet Transfer Window.......Anyway who's going to Norwich?

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Is this the same Carl (Carlos to his friends) Curtis who once had a multi called "Staff", spreading negative bullshit whilst appearing to be ITK thus putting people who actually work for the club under suspicion?
    Why the fook would he care about people's feelings if it meant some more hits for the forum?
    Indeed.

That man would appear not to give two shits about who he hurts in his insatiable desire to be the centre of attention.

In any change of ownership situation, the staff have to be informed before the press. I'm not saying Cardiff are about to get rid of Tan (if only), but if Tan had sold the club - the staff would be told before the press and the customers.
    Yes but not by calling everyone in early for a meeting.

Considering how miserable the experience of watching Tans Cardiff win promotion in that last season, it really isn't the case.

Have a good weekend too!
    How awful it must have been to see your club at the top of the Championship winning game after game, heading to the top flight for the 1st time in half a century. How you must have suffered..

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Indeed.

That man would appear not to give two shits about who he hurts in his insatiable desire to be the centre of attention.
    As directed by his lEaDER and paymaster.

Just a thought - but what do you expect from the next owner exactly? For all his faults Tan is the ONLY owner I've known in my time following Cardiff who wasn't really just trying to bleed us dry. His understanding of football culture when he came was woefully lacking and he's made some real howlers of decisions, but offered a choice between Sam and VT I know who I'd choose every time.

So I'd rather VT stayed now he's put right the colours. I'm sorry for those fans who equate the club to one person and can't return because of that, but VT is the best bet we have as a club of not going back to attendances of less than 10k and falling through the leagues.

I also reckon that if he sells then you won't come back anyway because there'll always be something else that's not quite right - like all the others who were going to return when we went back to Blue but were just full of hot air.
    He's Ming The Merciless in some people's eyes, but yes, the last two seasons have been notable for the excuses coming out of the woodwork - I remember a fair few on here citing the new badge as their reason for staying away.

The big problem [well one of them] for the City is that Tan is 3000 miles away. Absent owners are emotionally detached from the day-to-day business of the club, and that's not a good thing. ..

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Must say that someone on the other board made a good point when they asked how LeFondre, Macheda and Dikcacoi, on their alleged £25k a week salaries, feel about junior staff at the club having to, apparently, lose their jobs as the club look to cut back on expenses?

We appoint a manager who completely ignores the Academy for nearly two years, then he leaves amid talk of an increased emphasis on youth development and three months later it looks like we are making staff cuts at that level - typical Cardiff City type financial management, one extreme to the other with the only constant being if it can be cocked up, City will find the way to do it.
    A cynical person could say that threatening staff redundancies is a ploy to put pressure on those players to take a lower wage offer from another club.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    A cynical person could say that threatening staff redundancies is a ploy to put pressure on those players to take a lower wage offer from another club.
    For that to work, the players in question would have to have both a conscience and the pride to put a shift in.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    How awful it must have been to see your club at the top of the Championship winning game after game, heading to the top flight for the 1st time in half a century. How you must have suffered..
    Yeah, because results are all that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelBlues View Post
    Yes but not by calling everyone in early for a meeting.
    Different companies will use differenmt methods. However, Employment Law is quite specific. At least one employee representative must be informed of a change of ownership.

I would like the new owner to respect the club's history and appreciate that the club is more than a commodity and brand and that it simply is not possible for fans to swap football allegiances as if selecting a breakfast cereal.

Not sure why you are equating me with those fans who allegedly said they will go back when the club return to blue. I never said such things, and have always said I will start attending as soon as Tan goes (although I will never again buy a season ticket because of other interests).
    I agree with Penarth Blues.

The lies told under all owners and chairmen have been considerable. Look at the lies that Hamman told, both when he owned the club and afterwards, Ridsdale lied through his teeth by saying that early money obtained form early season ticket sales would go towards new signing. Look what happened there..

As the OP said, Tan has made mistakes, huge ones, but he does appear to have learned and is trying to put right those wrongs

When is that Nukes character gonna learn that someone is telling him things just to take the piss out of him?
    The latest exclusive is that Bellamy has been sacked even though he's not a paid employee of the club!

C'mon lad's and lasses we've over the rebrand thing a quintillion times and the arguments never change. It happened, nothing can change that, those who feel they can still follow the club will and those who can't won't. end of story

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    When is that Nukes character gonna learn that someone is telling him things just to take the piss out of him?
    The latest exclusive is that Bellamy has been sacked even though he's not a paid employee of the club!
    I just read it! What a cock, cutting costs by getting rid of someone who works for free.

Yep - if Tan said he was leaving tomorrow, I'd be there for Saturday's game against Reading.

Here's hoping.
    Yes just like all the thousands who celebrated the return to blue and said they would be back ... but then find another reason/condition to stay away.

Not for one minute do I believe Tan leaving will get bigger crowds. Not to say I look forward to the day as the mediocrity and gradual down spiral I feel we are facing is a direct result of his actions and mismanagement and the so called reluctant reds who lapped it up.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelBlues View Post
    Yes just like all the thousands who celebrated the return to blue and said they would be back ... but then find another reason/condition to stay away.

Not for one minute do I believe Tan leaving will get bigger crowds. Not to say I look forward to the day as the mediocrity and gradual down spiral I feel we are facing is a direct result of his actions and mismanagement and the so called reluctant reds who lapped it up.
    Don't start up again with your 'reluctant reds' crap. You were just as big a part of it as anyone else.