+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: David Marshall

David Marshall

***** is saying that Marshall has been sold to Hull - and will make his final Cardiff appearance tomorrow:

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/vi...p?f=2&t=176473

This one surely deserves the classic 'Hmmmmmmmm'.

Why would the club sell their most valuable player, No 1 keeper, Scotland's No1, captain, on an extended contract.... for the figures quoted?

Why would the club sell Marshall so close to the deadline unless there was a replacement tied up - after taking weeks to get a replacement for Simon Moore?

Why would the club play Marshall tomorrow if there was a deal in place with Hull to sell him?

Re: David Marshall

He has his contacts in Spain or wherever he is. So this must be true

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Why would the club play Marshall tomorrow if there was a deal in place with Hull to sell him?
    Indeed.
    Either he isn't sold, or if he is, surely he wont feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Indeed.
    Either he isn't sold, or if he is, surely he wont feature.
    BBC Wales just said sold for £5 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    No quite...

Cardiff City goalkeeper David Marshall is the subject of an approach from Premier League side Hull City, BBC Wales Sport has learned.

Saturday's Championship clash with Reading could be the Scottish international's farewell ahead of a potential £5m move.

Blue in the Face

Cardiff City goalkeeper David Marshall is the subject of an approach from Premier League side Hull City, BBC Wales Sport has learned.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37197900

Saturday's Championship clash with Reading could be the Scottish international's farewell ahead of a potential £5m move.

Marshall, 31, has made more than 280 appearances for the club since arriving from Norwich City for free in 2009.

Cardiff have signed Bolton goalkeeper Ben Amos on a season-long loan.

However, they have also sold back-up stopper Simon Moore to Sheffield United.

Marshall, considered one of the top goalkeepers outside the Premier League, was the subject of interest from West Bromwich Albion last summer.

The emergence of Hull's interest could spark offers from other clubs with Everton also linked.

Before the latest approach emerged, head coach Paul Trollope admitted Cardiff had players who would interest other clubs.

He said: ''I think any manager or any coach wants to keep their best players. But also I think any coach will tell you all players have their value whether they are top of the league or in League Two.

''Players do have their value. Of course you want to keep your best players, but we are also aware of their value.''

The signing of Amos and defender Joe Bennett, who has joined from Aston Villa, means Cardiff have made seven signings this summer.

Lex Immers, Kenneth Zohore, Emyr Huws, Jazz Richards and Frederic Gounongbe have also moved to the Welsh capital.

Meanwhile, midfielder Kagisho Dikgacoi has been terminated by the club via a contract killing.

Sold for £5m - or bid received for 'a potential £5m'?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37197900

Rob Phillips suggesting a Hull bid could trigger new interest from Everton and others.

Mrs Marshall will not be happy with this.

In that case, would be surprised to see him "play last game for City tomorrow".

Well if we do let marshy go....I would try to bring Hennessy in from palace, he's obviously down the pecking order since they signed Steve Mandanda from Marseille.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Well if we do let marshy go....I would try to bring Hennessy in from palace, he's obviously down the pecking order since they signed Steve Mandanda from Marseille.
    If we are getting rid of Marshall it's to save money, there's no way we'll be paying for a Premier League goalkeeper. It'll be Amos and Wilson this year.

I'm virtually certain that he's played in both of Palace's Premier League matches so far.

Bid accepted according to SSN

B***ocks... Really didn't need this as a club this close to the window, but life will go on...

Reading's going to be interesting if Ben has to go straight in with no time for the defence to work together.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Bid accepted according to SSN
    Bid excepted according to *****.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'm virtually certain that he's played in both of Palace's Premier League matches so far.
    Ahh okay Bob...i knew they brought a new keeper in, so i put 2+2 together and came up with 5.

Not going to jump the gun here but this is one of the most retarded things we've done.

Flog Simon Moore and Marshall in the same week.

Then rush and get some keeper in from league one on loan.

Heres hoping im wrong.

Hopefully we give marshall the send off he deserves.

If this story is true, what happens if there is an iffy 50/50 tomorrow ? (and I don't mean the half time draw, as that's always ifffy)

It's interesting if you look at the array of reports, across national & local media, they refer back to a single Rob Phillips report, he's probably the infamous "Sky source" as well. One story explodes across the press & message boards. Rob may be right or wrong, we'll find out soon enough but this story has accelerated from interest to sold in a matter of hours.

Ahh okay Bob...i knew they brought a new keeper in, so i put 2+2 together and came up with 5.
    I think Pardrew is looking for an opportunity to change his keeper but Hennessey hasn't done anything wrong and is keeping the gloves. He may be a realistic target come Christmas time but had a solid campaign last year apart from being part of the New Year period where Palace started their nosedive.

I still think a move to Hull is a big risk for anyone wishing to stay in the premier league and it will take a good few signings to change that impression. I don't think Marshall is the start of those good few signings and while a) this may lead to other clubs resuming their admiration and b) Hull is not the hole it once was I still can't see him leaving to Hull at this time.

Be a shame to see him go however we seem to be a club in decline so could understand hin getting out whilst he has a chance

"Meanwhile, midfielder Kagisho Dikgacoi has been terminated by the club via a contract killing".
    😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

If Marshall does leave (I don't think this is yet the done deal suggested - certainly not for Mr and Mrs Marshall) I wonder if the England and formerly Wales goalkeeping coach will be using his contacts and inside knowledge to find a replacement?

Danny Ward? Recall on Huddersfield loan?

so desapinting

why is tan seling 2 gorlies in 1 wek

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCPhil View Post
    so desapinting

why is tan seling 2 gorlies in 1 wek
    Couldn't have put it better myself.