+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ** No more Cardiff City photos **

Re: ** No more Cardiff City photos **

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    Shame , I used to enjoy the randoms of the directors box and the ilk
    The images of the empty directors box and swathes of empty seats tell a story. Maybe that's closer to the real reason for banning Jon.

An infringement of copyright may technically be correct but it's a jobsworth approach.

Club should be more concerned with filling the seats than pissing off the people who are actually sitting in them.

Every last one of us should turn up with our cameras.......can't throw us all out....Knowing Cardiff they probably would.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Every last one of us should turn up with our cameras.......can't throw us all out....Knowing Cardiff they probably would.
    At least you won't have to watch the game - excellent idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    The images of the empty directors box and swathes of empty seats tell a story. Maybe that's closer to the real reason for banning Jon.

An infringement of copyright may technically be correct but it's a jobsworth approach.

Club should be more concerned with filling the seats than pissing off the people who are actually sitting in them.
    Bang on there Mike, they seem to be doing everything they can to push us fans further away.

Petition anyone?

Always great pics Jon. The images are from a fans perspective and enhance the experience and offer an outlook not seen from any other sources.

Not doing any harm. Thanks for the service you have provided.
    You may be next on their hit-list Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    So will they ban all phones that can take pics/videos too next? It is pathetic but apparently to do with tv rights. Hmm.
    You can take pictures/videos with your phone, but you're not allowed to post them on social media I.e Facebok, Twitter, YouTube, or here I assume.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    You can take pictures/videos with your phone, but you're not allowed to post them on social media I.e Facebok, Twitter, YouTube, or here I assume.
    pics and videos all over social media 'live' from games.

none of it of the quality to threaten the professionals.

as i said before, technically correct to object to it by the club, on a human level it's pathetic.

pics and videos all over social media 'live' from games.

none of it of the quality to threaten the professionals.

as i said before, technically correct to object to it by the club, on a human level it's pathetic.
    Absolutely Mike. Of course the regulations entitle the club to take your picture and plaster it all over the Internet with your entry into the ground implying your consent.
    We can take your picture, but you can't take ours.
    It stinks imho.
    I always thought that John was an official photographer, such were the quality of the photos. He's not hurting anyone, just bringing pleasure to others and combining two of his interests. If he was making money out of it I could understand.
    Another wedge driven between club and fans.

Absolutely Mike. Of course the regulations entitle the club to take your picture and plaster it all over the Internet with your entry into the ground implying your consent.
    It stinks imho.
    I always thought that John was an official photographer, such were the quality of the photos. He's not hurting anyone, just bringing pleasure to others and combining two of his interests. If he was making money out of it I could understand.
    It's free advertising in many ways. Jon's pics are not selective. They promote the real picture from games. That includes action, fans, adverts etc.

Some bright spark thinking they can bust some balls but making themselves look stupid. A disconnect from a club looking to connect.

Free the JonCandy One.

It stinks imho.
    Add to this the club filming fans and showing the film at half-time on the big screens (as they did last season) - clearly without permission - they were just random shots ("Do The Ayotollah!"?).

On a personal level, I worked out where Jon sat and roughly when he took his shot of the stand to his left, 'cos that was where I sit. When I thought he'd be a'snappin' I'd stand up, hoping to be in the shot. Didn't happen - but a guy I sat next to was prominent in one photo and was tickled pink when I told him next match.

First they came for the photos .. and then they came for the fan websites

Sounds more to me like the league trying to protect copyright then the club imo

Interesting point made on the other board.
    The past few home games, that board has made a point of plastering pics of empty seats and near empty stands all over negative attendance threads. Maybe the club finally got fed up with these images of the matchday experience and decided to enforce the leagues rules.
    if so, its a shame for Jon as these pics look like phone quality, not the quality of Jon's.

Jon is such a fixture at City games, at all levels, that its a real shame that something he enjoys, something other fans enjoy and something that adds to the fan experience (for free) has been stopped by the club. It may have been a league regulation rather than City's and if so then it's a shame that the league has stopped something so innocent and positive.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    First they came for the photos .. and then they came for the fan websites
    Will they ever come for chris?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Will they ever come for chris?

Not even chris would come for chris.

Those photos have meant a lot to me over the years. It really gave a feel of the match day. What a shitty situation.

in honour of jons pics... at a set time in the next home game everyone should whip out camera / phone with flash on and take snaps...

clubs a joke...

It sounds to me more like the EFL trying to protect official photographers and the league's own photographers from unlicenced competition originall,y, rather than an attempt to squash "fans" taking photo's of the game. But when embarrassment takes over, reason goes ourt of the window.

Bastards...............Its just one thing after the other.