+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ** No more Cardiff City photos **

** No more Cardiff City photos **

Unfortunately the club has written to me requesting that I refrain from taking photos at Cardiff City matches citing 'Ground Regulations 16 & 19).

Following this request I have decided it best that I comply and will end my 6 years of having taken photos at every single Cardiff City home game (yes every single game in the new stadium, including friendlies and several from Ninian Park)

I will continue to go but will no longer be watching from behind a camera lense

Re: ** No more Cardiff City photos **

you must be gutted having to watch the game

Quote Originally Posted by joncandy View Post
    Unfortunately the club has written to me requesting that I refrain from taking photos at Cardiff City matches citing 'Ground Regulations 16 & 19).

Following this request I have decided it best that I comply and will end my 6 years of having taken photos at every single Cardiff City home game (yes every single game in the new stadium, including friendlies and several from Ninian Park)

Cheers Jon for all the photo's over the years.

Very much appreciated and will be missed.

Blog Entries

That's a shame, why after all this time though?

Ground regulation 16
    16. Mobile telephones and other mobile devices are permitted within the Ground PROVIDED THAT (i) they are used for personal and private use only (which, for the avoidance of doubt and by way of example only, shall not include the capturing, logging, recording, transmitting, playing, issuing, showing, or any other communication of any Material for any commercial purposes); and (ii) no Material that is captured by a mobile telephone or other mobile device may be published or otherwise made available to any third parties including, without limitation, via social networking sites.
    Read more at http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/club/...F0AHPdIsahD.99

Ground regulation 19
    19. Save as set out in paragraph 16 above, no person (other than a person who holds an appropriate licence) may capture, log, record, transmit, play, issue, show or otherwise communicate (by digital or other means) any Material in relation to the Match, any players or other persons present in the Ground and/or the Ground, nor may they bring into the Ground or use within the Ground (or provide to, facilitate or otherwise assist another person to use within the Ground) any equipment or technology which is capable of capturing, logging, recording, transmitting, playing, issuing, showing or otherwise communicating (by digital or other means) any such Material. Copyright, database rights and any other intellectual property rights in any unauthorised recording or transmission is assigned (by way of present assignment of future rights) to the Club and the EFL. You further agree (if and whenever required to do so by the Club and/or the EFL) to promptly execute all instruments and do all things necessary to vest the right, title and interest in such rights to the Club and the EFL absolutely and with full title guarantee.

To be fair, these are EFL regs, not Cardiff's but what a load of bollocks.

Your, very high quality photos, have been enjoyed by us all.

Such a shame we won't be seeing them anymore.

As someone who lives abroad, I have really appreciated your photos over the years, you really did a fantastic job!

I hope we'll still get to see some more random photos of Cardiff in general from you in the future.

Thanks once again.

They really know how to engage with the fans. The Club unfortunately are losing touch with the fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Ground regulation 16
    16. Mobile telephones and other mobile devices are permitted within the Ground PROVIDED THAT (i) they are used for personal and private use only (which, for the avoidance of doubt and by way of example only, shall not include the capturing, logging, recording, transmitting, playing, issuing, showing, or any other communication of any Material for any commercial purposes); and (ii) no Material that is captured by a mobile telephone or other mobile device may be published or otherwise made available to any third parties including, without limitation, via social networking sites.

Ground regulation 19
    19. Save as set out in paragraph 16 above, no person (other than a person who holds an appropriate licence) may capture, log, record, transmit, play, issue, show or otherwise communicate (by digital or other means) any Material in relation to the Match, any players or other persons present in the Ground and/or the Ground, nor may they bring into the Ground or use within the Ground (or provide to, facilitate or otherwise assist another person to use within the Ground) any equipment or technology which is capable of capturing, logging, recording, transmitting, playing, issuing, showing or otherwise communicating (by digital or other means) any such Material. Copyright, database rights and any other intellectual property rights in any unauthorised recording or transmission is assigned (by way of present assignment of future rights) to the Club and the EFL. You further agree (if and whenever required to do so by the Club and/or the EFL) to promptly execute all instruments and do all things necessary to vest the right, title and interest in such rights to the Club and the EFL absolutely and with full title guarantee.

To be fair, these are EFL regs, not Cardiff's but what a load of bollocks.

Your, very high quality photos, have been enjoyed by us all.

Such a shame we won't be seeing them anymore.
    ^^^^ this ^^^^ Thanx Jon the pictures will be missed.

Thanks for your pics Jon.

I was asked to stop taking pics at a DVP game in May, and another bloke there reckoned they can't actually stop you or throw you out and no copper would bother because it's a not a public order offence, but I understand it's not worth the hassle.

Are you making money from this? Are the club losing money? Does it diminish people's interest in the 'product'? I'm guessing no to all those questions. So it just comes across as controlling, pompous and eager to pinch every penny they can.

Bad luck, Jon; you did well keeping it going for this long.

I'm another who has enjoyed seeing you photos over the years. At least you'll be able to watch the game properly now.
    Don't forget to post links to your non City photos now and again, they are good as well

I, for one, thought they were excellent...

club needs to get a grip...

or endorse you taking pics, for the fact you do it for non profit anyhow...

well many thanks for the pics over years ive featured in many of them so thanks for that

and in no direspect lets hope someone else takes some shots and posts them up

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    club needs to get a grip...

or endorse you taking pics, for the fact you do it for non profit anyhow...

well many thanks for the pics over years ive featured in many of them so thanks for that

and in no direspect lets hope someone else takes some shots and posts them up
    Ditto.

Shame. I always enjoyed the photos whether I had been at the game or not.

Club's a joke ffs

Football League's a joke ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    I was asked to stop taking pics at a DVP game in May, and another bloke there reckoned they can't actually stop you or throw you out and no copper would bother because it's a not a public order offence, but I understand it's not worth the hassle.

Are you making money from this? Are the club losing money? Does it diminish people's interest in the 'product'? I'm guessing no to all those questions. So it just comes across as controlling, pompous and eager to pinch every penny they can.

Bad luck, Jon; you did well keeping it going for this long.
    And they call it the people's game!

Thanks for your great photos down the years Jon (as someone else said, why send you that letter now?) - they'll certainly be missed by Mauve and Yellow Army.

Always great pics Jon. The images are from a fans perspective and enhance the experience and offer an outlook not seen from any other sources.

Not doing any harm. Thanks for the service you have provided.

They are slow on the uptake with this. I got a similar warning to cease and desist from taking pictures in the ground from Macc Town about 10 years ago! I was taking pics for the Supporters Trust. Never had a problem from any other ground apart from Boston Utd. Although to be fair I was taking pics of a steward assaulting a fan. Had a proper good scrap to keep my camera in the end with the police taking a balanced and intelligent view on proceedings.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Always great pics Jon. The images are from a fans perspective and enhance the experience and offer an outlook not seen from any other sources.

Not doing any harm. Thanks for the service you have provided.
    So will they ban all phones that can take pics/videos too next? It is pathetic but apparently to do with tv rights. Hmm.

Thanks for all the excellent photos over the years Jon.

I remember enjoying your pics going back quite some time, perhaps the early days of your blog, way back on the old 'Official' Cardiff City MB .

Thanks again.
    You will have more opportunity to concentrate on the gameplay now. Commiserations ;)

Mr Candys photos and Mauve and Yellow Army are the two things that I always look foward to looking at after a game. If the club had any sense they ought to be trying to get them on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Mr Candys photos and Mauve and Yellow Army are the two things that I always look foward to looking at after a game. If the club had any sense they ought to be trying to get them on board.
    Indeed so.

Shame , I used to enjoy the randoms of the directors box and the ilk

Sorry to hear that Jon. Always enjoyed your photos

Football changes, but not always for the better