+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vincent Tan....aka the corporate raider

Vincent Tan....aka the corporate raider

Marshall appears to be the latest player leaving the club and no doubt closely followed by Manga. It is clear that anyone worth anything will be sold off to the highest bidder. The news of Marshall is hard to take given that we only recently sold Moore to Sheffield. Both will replaced by freebies followed by freebies in any vacant places. I would be surprised if we spend any money in this transfer window as the focus is to sell and if it's true about redundancies at the club, is to cut costs whatever the consequences. This is not a good time for the club or the loyal supporters and the quicker VT leaves the club the better for all concerned.

Re: Vincent Tan....aka the corporate raider

Quote Originally Posted by Over the Hill View Post
    Marshall appears to be the latest player leaving the club and no doubt closely followed by Manga. It is clear that anyone worth anything will be sold off to the highest bidder. The news of Marshall is hard to take given that we only recently sold Moore to Sheffield. Both will replaced by freebies followed by freebies in any vacant places. I would be surprised if we spend any money in this transfer window as the focus is to sell and if it's true about redundancies at the club, is to cut costs whatever the consequences. This is not a good time for the club or the loyal supporters and the quicker VT leaves the club the better for all concerned.
    The club have already spent money this transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Undisclosed or free as far as I am aware. Not entirely convinced that undisclosed attracted an immediate payment but more than happy to be corrected on this......

"Corporate raider"

Load of anti VT and anti CCFC drivel. £5 million for Marshall is a good deal. How can you stop a player leaving for the Premier League anyway. Everyone thought Marshall would be sold two years ago, so we have had two extra years out of him. Manga is not a good defender and was left out last game, so if we can get a couple of million for him, let him go. Do you seriously think that players like Immers, Huws, Amos and Bennett would come here for nothing - apart from any loan and transfer fees paid to the clubs, there's signing on and agents fees to take into account. Stop moaning and get behind the manager/team.

Undisclosed or free as far as I am aware. Not entirely convinced that undisclosed attracted an immediate payment but more than happy to be corrected on this......
    I don't know for certain myself - but most of the messageboard commentaries and press reports suggest that a fee was paid for Immers (£200-500,000 range?) and a fee was paid for Huws (£1m + the consensus).

Frederic Gounongbe was a free agent. Kenneth Zahore was probably 'bought' with the 12 month loan of Idris Saadi. Jazz Richards was a swop. Ben Amos may not have cost a loan fee (although wages are supposed to be high). Joe Bennett - if confirmed - will be a free (but with a significant wage commitment).

Apart from Fabio (assumed £2m fee) have the club generated any other transfer income? They have reduced costs with the end of contracts (probably paid off in the case of Dikgacoi) and a few loan deals (Oshilaja, Adeyemi...) but I can't think of much else.

So spent a little; brought in a little; and reduced costs. Combined with all the right noises about recruiting from within (despite the alleged 20 job losses today in the Academy), and an emphasis on coaching to improve the squad, not just waving the cheque book.

It doesn't look to me like the cynical asset stripping some are claiming.

Im sure Tan would leave if someone came in with the cash to buy him out.

Until that happens we are cost cutting to live within our means and to reduce the debt which almost put us out of business.

Debt free and still in the Championship in 5 years will be a job well done.

If Marshall is sold then the sale of Moore seems a strange one though.

Banned

Why should Tan keep spending his money when half of the so called supporters don't put nothing into the club.
    Half of the people on here can't be arsed or are to mean to support the club so why should VT?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Load of anti VT and anti CCFC drivel. £5 million for Marshall is a good deal. How can you stop a player leaving for the Premier League anyway. Everyone thought Marshall would be sold two years ago, so we have had two extra years out of him. Manga is not a good defender and was left out last game, so if we can get a couple of million for him, let him go. Do you seriously think that players like Immers, Huws, Amos and Bennett would come here for nothing - apart from any loan and transfer fees paid to the clubs, there's signing on and agents fees to take into account. Stop moaning and get behind the manager/team.
    Anti Cardiff?? have supported the team through thick and thin and simply alarmed with what's been alleged or reported both on and off field. Obviously you are not of course.....

Drama Queen post to start and then much common sense!!!!

1) how do you know the club will be debt free in 5 years? Will VT be here in 5 years?
    2) how do you know we will bi the championship in 5 years? Will the continued cost cutting be a detriment?
    3) Marshall going so soon after the departure is a strange one and hence my concerns above

Anti Cardiff?? have supported the team through thick and thin and simply alarmed with what's been alleged or reported both on and off field. Obviously you are not of course.....
    Shouldnt be alarmed then.

Far worse times than this.

Few tough years on the pitch ahead. Maybe in a few years the club will be running within its means debt free and a buyer comes in.

In the back of my mind though I keep thinking a bargain side will get us promoted sometime and Tan will reappear again and be there in the PL giving his Sky interviews again.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I'd be absolutely amazed if we spent less than a £1 million transfer fee on Emyr Huws.

1) how do you know the club will be debt free in 5 years? Will VT be here in 5 years?
    2) how do you know we will bi the championship in 5 years? Will the continued cost cutting be a detriment?
    3) Marshall going so soon after the departure is a strange one and hence my concerns above
    1 - I dont but the commitment is there.
    2 - I dont we could be in any League including the PL.
    3 - I wish wed kept Marshall but hes a PL standard keeper with a club with no realistic chance of promotion.

As it stands the best chance of being debt free is with Tan - unless you know someone willing to come in and buy us.

Its all well and good wanting Tan to go but unless theres someone who wants to buy then we are stuck with our current owner.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'd be absolutely amazed if we spent less than a £1 million transfer fee on Emyr Huws.
    Despite the cost cutting Slade had money to spend that managers in the past in the real bad times could only dream of.

Thats probably the case with Trollope as well. Its not like we are bringing in rubbish from Hereford like Kevin Lloyd at left back. Weve got Bennett who was wanted by Weds. Probably a decent signing on fee.

Most of us wanted a well run debt free club. Obviously we want success and entertainment as well. Its just time to hang in there for the next few years.

Who knows maybe we will get both when the odds are against us.

I am sorry but this is rubbish. Corporate Raider? A man who has put over £100 million into the club and is committed to effectively writing it off with little chance of getting very much back? Tan has made it clear that he is not prepared to put underwrite any more debt and who can blame him when all he gets from so-called supporters is abuse. The club now seems committed to living within its means and not before time. Just who do you think is going to replace Tan and pump vast funds in? Be careful what you wish for.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Ironic isnt it - we sell Marshall and probably Manga, 2 great players and we have to keep hold of 2 players who are SH1T in the likes of Macheda and LaFondre

Why exactly did I bother to renew

Obviously understandable to feel like that.

Think there was a feel good factor when the debt reduction was announced and the plan to be debt free.

Lets hope Trollope can at least get us playing entertaining football.

Accept some of the comments...the phrase Corporate Raider was a bit tongue in cheek but anyone reflecting on the rumours both on and off field today would be pretty disappointed. In my opinion, this season is shrowded with negativity and very little positives and after hearing we've sold Marshall so soon after Moores departure made little sense to me - hence my frustration....

Accept some of the comments...the phrase Corporate Raider was a bit tongue in cheek but anyone reflecting on the rumours both on and off field today would be pretty disappointed. In my opinion, this season is shrowded with negativity and very little positives and after hearing we've sold Marshall so soon after Moores departure made little sense to me - hence my frustration....
    Better get used to it. Tough times ahead.

Still think we will keep our Championship status though.

Well said. If only the League awarded points for fans' scaremongering and outright whinging? We'd surely be in the automatic places?

Tan can't win whatever he does, sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Well said. If only the League awarded points for fans' scaremongering and outright whinging? We'd surely be in the automatic places?
    We would be known as the Welsh Real Madrid

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    We would be known as the Welsh Real Madrid
    You would be bale

Let's see what they get back in first before we accuse him of stripping the club of assets.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    You would be bale
    I only moaned about Russ because he is a useless ****