+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Time For Mr Pullis

Time For Mr Pullis

he aint happy at west brom thats obvious to see , if tan has got any ambition whatsoever get out now and get him in , the fans choice , trollope is more upset with being told to step down from his welsh coaching position not about how Cardiff City progress just a fkin gap filler , get him out now before we are in that relegation mire
    dreading saturday with Leeds losing unthinkable ,

Re: Time For Mr Pullis

No, no, a thousand times no. We're nowhere near good enough to go up, so I don't think I could stomach 3/4 years of Pulis football.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    No, no, a thousand times no. We're nowhere near good enough to go up, so I don't think I could stomach 3/4 years of Pulis football.
    I completely agree. I still hope Trollope can turn it around but if not I would happily take one step backward to take two steps forward and bring a more enterprising brand of football.

I'm still baffled by our transfer activity and that has to be our biggest failure.

Quote Originally Posted by henge56 View Post
    he aint happy at west brom thats obvious to see , if tan has got any ambition whatsoever get out now and get him in , the fans choice , trollope is more upset with being told to step down from his welsh coaching position not about how Cardiff City progress just a fkin gap filler , get him out now before we are in that relegation mire
    Are you seriously suggesting Pulis would come here right now??
    No money and even if there was no chance of making any changes till Jan and then having to put up with a committee transfer committee of Choo, Delhman and Tan..........................

Trouble is we are taking one step forward and two steps back

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Trouble is we are taking one step forward and two steps back
    Actually it's no steps forward, just going into reverse.

Pulis didn't want to know when we were in the Prem. Languishing at the bottom of the championship, we've got no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I completely agree. I still hope Trollope can turn it around but if not I would happily take one step backward to take two steps forward and bring a more enterprising brand of football.

I'm still baffled by our transfer activity and that has to be our biggest failure.
    Totally agree with this.
    I don't think Pulis would come in a million years but another quick change would do us no good at all.
    The transfer activities are something I have constantly criticised as I honestly think we have gone backwards in our first 11 team.
    I am bemused that having been forced to pay off contracts to get players out, we bring in similar questionable players where we may be forced down the same path 12 months from now.

By the time Xmas comes Pulis will be in huge demand from those Premier League clubs in danger of relegation. There is no way he would agree to join CCFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    By the time Xmas comes Pulis will be in huge demand from those Premier League clubs in danger of relegation. There is no way he would agree to join CCFC.
    thank god , you would not like his tactics , he is a short term fix manager , they all seem to fall out of love with him after a while ,look at Palace / Stoke and how they progressed after his departure, Should have kept Slade for another year .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    thank god , you would not like his tactics , he is a short term fix manager , they all seem to fall out of love with him after a while ,look at Palace / Stoke and how they progressed after his departure, Should have kept Slade for another year .
    I wouldn't say that Stoke have made huge improvements since Pulis left and they currently sit rock bottom of the Premier league. As for Crystal Palace they would not even be in the Premiership if Pulis hadn't taken over at a time when they were also bottom. Pulis' tactics might not be to everyone's liking but neither were Mackay's in the year we were promoted and the crowds we received then were far greater than now suggesting that boring tactics and winning matches trumps boring performance and losing everytime.

Pulis has thrown his toys out of his pram at both Palace and West Brom because they havent signed the players he wanted.

West Brom broke their transfer record for Nasir Chadli and hes still pissed off.

Theres no way he would come here to work under the current conditions.

Our only hope is Colin !

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Our only hope is Colin !
    This but without a loan window to attract his journeymen regulars would he be any good.

Quote Originally Posted by henge56 View Post
    I'm sure he's happy enough to resist a move to Cardiff City.

He's upset at WBA because he has no money to spend and feels he hasn't got the players to do the job, I can't see him wanting to drop down a division and be in exactly the same boat. I think Pulis will stay on at WBA this season, keep them up and then leave at the end of the season and join a struggling side in January next season, rinse and repeat.

Who is managing Leyton Orient these days? Can't we just poach him?