+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bennett has a dig at Villa.

Bennett has a dig at Villa.

http://upthevilla.com/joe-bennett-ha...xia-responds/?

Also, we only finished two places below Sheffield Wednesday last season, but is Villa's owner right when he infers that he sees Wednesday as promotion rivals, but not us?

Re: Bennett has a dig at Villa.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Also, we only finished two places below Sheffield Wednesday last season, but is Villa's owner right when he infers that he sees Wednesday as promotion rivals, but not us?
    When taken out of context it might suggest that's what the Villa owner was implying. However, I think what he was saying was ... he wasn't going to let Bennett join a rival AND have to subsidise the player's wages at that club (Sheffield Wednesday). We, on the other hand, are NOT subsidising his wages, therefore his comment didn't really apply to us.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    When taken out of context it might suggest that's what the Villa owner was implying. However, I think what he was saying was ... he wasn't going to let Bennett join a rival AND have to subsidise the player's wages at that club (Sheffield Wednesday). We, on the other hand, are NOT subsidising his wages, therefore his comment didn't really apply to us.
    I agree with this. his comments were directed at Wednesday who wanted the vile to subsidise hiswages. In that case I don't blame him for saying that, but its not true of the CCFC deal!!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

One thing he's right on, we won't be rivals for promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    One thing he's right on, we won't be rivals for promotion.
    maybe not this season....not so sure Villa will get out of this division this year.

Two places below them and never looked like catching them.
    They have since added quality such as Abdi and Fletcher and told Forrestiri he ain't going nowhere. Meanwhile we are willing to sell anything in a pair of boots.
    I don't think it's unfair to suggest they are promotion rivals whilst we are not.
    It's plain for all to see whilst cost cut this can only be a season of treading water, I just hope the board see it that way and don't expect us to challenge
    Last edited by CCFC CASUAL; 27-08-16 at 08:31.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    They have since added quality such as Abdi and Fletcher and told Forrestiri he ain't going nowhere. Meanwhile we are willing to sell anything in a pair of boots.
    I don't think it's unfair to suggest they are promotion rivals whilst we are not.
    It's plain for all to see whilst cost cut this can only be a season of treading water, I just hope the board see it that way and don't expect us to challenge
    I don't think it's unfair to suggest they are seen as promotion rivals whilst we are not.

It's very unlikely that we challenge for top two places, where I'm sure Villa aim to be, however could challenge for the play-offs, where Villa may end up, and once there anything could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    A good point for the board (and some of the fans who post here).
    It is extremely doubtful that we will challenge for a play off place but just be glad that the club are sorting themselves out financially.
    Remember, it was not that long ago when there was a serious threat that Cardiff City would go into administration.