+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff u18s vs Crystal Palace

Cardiff u18s vs Crystal Palace

This morning 11am kick off at Treforest.

The u16s are also playing vs Palace at Treforest at the same time

Re: Cardiff u18s vs Crystal Palace

Let me know how Sam Bowen does Gringo.

1-0 Cardiff. Ibby SoSani after a great ball in from Kieran Proctor (who is playing up from u16s)

some of the football being played by Cardiff has been outstanding

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    1-0 Cardiff. Ibby SoSani after a great ball in from Kieran Proctor (who is playing up from u16s)
    I watched Kieran Proctor play for Wales U17's v Hungary U17's last week & he had a good game, looks to be a decent prospect

1-1 palace have got on top last 5 minutes

we've lost our way a bit in the last 10, penalty to Palace 2-1

2-2 great goal Cameron Coxe. Norman Whiteside vs Everton 1985!

3-2 Cardiff. James Waite

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Let me know how Sam Bowen does Gringo.
    Bowen has been playing for the u16s mate who look like they are winning comfortably judging by the goals going in.

He has just been taken off and is about to come on for the u18s

3-3 goal out of nowhere when cardiff seemed to be dominant again

Sounds a cracking game. Also from the reports it sounds like, despite Matonda going there's still a good batch coming through

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Sounds a cracking game. Also from the reports it sounds like, despite Matonda going there's still a good batch coming through
    They defences are ridiculously open but it's a great game of football. some of the talent on display is a joy to watch.
    Palace got some really good player too

Losing 4-3 now.

5-3 Palace. bad penalty to give away

Two excellent matches featuring a total of fifteen goals I believe 5-3 to Palace in the Under 18s, but I'm pretty sure the Under 16s won 6-1 - all it needs now is a 4-3 win this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Two excellent matches featuring a total of fifteen goals I believe 5-3 to Palace in the Under 18s, but I'm pretty sure the Under 16s won 6-1 - all it needs now is a 4-3 win this afternoon.
    I really enjoyed the u18s game Bob. I thought they threw the game away to be honest but their injury to Mark Harris early in the game didn't help. They had a few u16s stepping up which can only be good for their development.
    Excellent game full of attacking quality.

I really enjoyed the u18s game Bob. I thought they threw the game away to be honest but their injury to Mark Harris early in the game didn't help. They had a few u16s stepping up which can only be good for their development.
    Excellent game full of attacking quality.
    Mostly watched the Under 18s Gringo - I thought they played well and showed a lot of character to come back to 3-2, but Palace shaded the game for me. Saw about fifteen minutes of the Under 16s during which they scored a superb goal - based on what I saw, they had way too much attacking pace for Palace.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Mostly watched the Under 18s Gringo - I thought they played well and showed a lot of character to come back to 3-2, but Palace shaded the game for me. Saw about fifteen minutes of the Under 16s during which they scored a superb goal - based on what I saw, they had way too much attacking pace for Palace.
    It was an odd game to be honest Bob. I thought we dominated the first half an hour but we're hanging on in the last 15 of the half.
    second half I thought we were good for the first 15 but after they came back to 3-3 there was only gonna be one winner.

Given that we missed a few players I thought it was a good performance. Also given that the u16s had Spence, Proctor and Bowen for the last 25 playing for the u18s, how good is it that they won 6-1?

It was an odd game to be honest Bob. I thought we dominated the first half an hour but we're hanging on in the last 15 of the half.
    second half I thought we were good for the first 15 but after they came back to 3-3 there was only gonna be one winner.

Given that we missed a few players I thought it was a good performance. Also given that the u16s had Spence, Proctor and Bowen for the last 25 playing for the u18s, how good is it that they won 6-1?

That's a massive step up from u16's to u18's. Any kid that can do it, and fit in, has to have something going for them.